Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nene

Need Advise On Reno Fees

Hi all,

Will be getting my house in sept 2011 and is hunting for a ID. Talk to a few of them and the quotation is around 60-70k. This is the first time I am engaging a ID and I am not aware of the prices that I should be expecting. However, mine is a five room hdb and is completely bare except for the doors and window grill. Do you guys think that such quotes are fair? My budget is 40k btw.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

most have packages for 5rooms HDB flat.

u can use the items in the packages as a guideline

Hey are you sure you can use the package price for a guide line , the package price is very low but alot hinder things not included .

they will never mention electrical on the package prices.

Some packages are not low. They might seem low, but on further scrutiny, it isn't. Anyway an ID only earns normal profits through packages. So they will try to make back more on carpentry, electricals, additionals etc

I suggest u spend some time really reading thru most of the threads here. You'll pick up pointers on what should be the appropriate market price for a certain item of standard quality

i suggest u list out the things that you need to be done so that we can share our knowledge? :sport-smiley-004:

best is if you have an itemized quotation with the individual item pricing.

hard to just decide if 60-70k is fair or not.....later your specification got golden taps one how? :bleah:

Edited by Simontsh

i agree man.. i'm still amazed how pple can sign up here and,

Ask qns like

'is 50k too much for a 4 room HDB flat?'

'is 60k too much for a 5room hdb flat?'

Hello, pls provide more details man. The amount is irrelevant if there's no details provided.

An 'expensive' quote might be based on using MARBLE tiles for the whole house which costs $15-20psf or even more?

If possible, pls provide pictures/2D/3D plan, full quotation if possible, idea of details of the work that's going to be done.

Hi all,

Will be getting my house in sept 2011 and is hunting for a ID. Talk to a few of them and the quotation is around 60-70k. This is the first time I am engaging a ID and I am not aware of the prices that I should be expecting. However, mine is a five room hdb and is completely bare except for the doors and window grill. Do you guys think that such quotes are fair? My budget is 40k btw.

Thanks

it is about what u wan... u have to tell us what u wan or what was quoted so we can give a fair (biased? haha) assessment...

Hi all,

Thanks

Hi Nene,

My company is an ideal design and build company.

We welcome you to send us your requirements for quotation.

We will not charge you any fees for quotation, and our price always reasonable. =)

Do contact me @ 9108 6858 or email me: alphaformation555@yahoo.com.sg if you need our services.

wow.... 60-70k is quite alot. wat u do? normally 50k only. 5k more if u include window.

if u keen, u might keen to find my friend. His name is Benedict. He can be contacted @ 9690 7887.

Tell him its recommended by Patrick.

But i won;t promise u how much he will charge. Who knows, u might wanna a gold tap like T T Durai.