Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Fujioh (Wall-Mounted) Kitchen Hood - Is It Good?

Hi folks out there,

I'm hunting around for a kitchen hood and was wondering if anybody has feedback & reviews on their Fujioh Kitchen hoods - the wall-mounted type, not chimneys please.

Great thanks in advance for any reviews from owners of Fujioh kitchen hoods.

:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have bought 2 sets of Fujioh's wall mounted for my dry n wet kitchen. Will only move in to new place in a week's time to try them. Will update.

I have bought 2 sets of Fujioh's wall mounted for my dry n wet kitchen. Will only move in to new place in a week's time to try them. Will update.

Hey thanks for mentioning this to me :)

Yes it'll certainly be very helpful of you if you could share with us if Fujioh's kitchen Hood are as good as what's said about them.

Would your wall-mounted kitchen hood by any chance be FX900 ?

I reckon that they are installed through your ID; we've got to figure out where to buy from becox Lucky Khoon at Joo Chiat does not have installers as they only have inhouse plumbers.

Thanks in advance! :D

Yes it'll certainly be very helpful of you if you could share with us if Fujioh's kitchen Hood are as good as what's said about them.

I reckon that they are installed through your ID; we've got to figure out where to buy from becox Lucky Khoon at Joo Chiat does not have installers as they only have inhouse plumbers.

If you PM to zero (the forum member on the pinned thread), his company can make arrangement for the installer from Fujioh to install the hood for you (for a small fee).

I just installed Fujioh Fx900 2 days ago through Zero. It was hassle free and fast service...everything by phone/pm save time and price is good too.

previously had a chimney bellari, I can say Fx900 performance is far far better...it is quite huge but the design is such that it can suck the fume so much better. Those with aluminium grill type filter like what I had previously perform quite bad compare to fujioh design.

If you PM to zero (the forum member on the pinned thread), his company can make arrangement for the installer from Fujioh to install the hood for you (for a small fee).

Hi ugoh,

thanks for highlighting to me.

:)

I just installed Fujioh Fx900 2 days ago through Zero. It was hassle free and fast service...everything by phone/pm save time and price is good too.

previously had a chimney bellari, I can say Fx900 performance is far far better...it is quite huge but the design is such that it can suck the fume so much better. Those with aluminium grill type filter like what I had previously perform quite bad compare to fujioh design.

Hi,

thanks for sharing... hope to hear from u soon & sorry for the lengthy PM :P

Hi folks,

I would like to refresh this thread once again.

Apart from recommendations to get from renotalk member, zero, are there any others out here who bought from other dealers who had good installers?

If yes, please please please share with me. :)

I'm still trying to find out where I should be purchasing the Fujioh Hood from as I require reliable dealers with good installers.

While I wish to thank the earlier contributors in this thread for their good reference checks of a certain source, I seek the kind understanding of all members on renotalk forum that whatever claims made should inevitably be substatiated with salient information.

Unfortunately, I didn't receive any replies from these earlier contributors so I'm not sure if their reference checks were valid or not. Or were these recommendations made prior to encountering issues/ problems with the product? :unsure:

Further to the above, I must apologise if my remarks came across as being blunt but since the product isn't cheap & we're paying for it, then it's more than reasonable for us to know what we are buying.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi folks, I have finally decided on an Electrolux cooker hood EFC-9563X. Would be updating further details after it had been instdlled...

Hi edenstrauss, mind sharing why you chose Electrolux in the end? What is it better than fijioh? I'm considering fujioh hood so can advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :yamseng:

I think there isn't a perfect brand out there becox every brand for electronic products has its own strengths & weaknesses.

Not unlike what you have been doing now, I had tried very hard to gather as much reliable info & objective feedback about fujioh's cooker hood.

However, this didn't materialize as I didn't hear from most users who had supposedly bought one of fujioh's most popular cooker hood.

After reviewing fujioh's video clips on you-tube, speaking to their staff & researching through other channels as a consumer, I wasn't convinced that it'll be our preferred choice. I would say that it's a personal choice to purchase another brand.

As such, I had decided to move on & selected Electrolux which I had been hearing so much about.

And since their after sales service is reputed to be good according to people from our social circle, & is an ISO accredited entity, I believe that we wouldn't do badly by them.

The cooker hood I bought from Electrolux has an airflow of 1400mAh. It's pending installation until sometime next week becox our preferred installer's schedule is already fully booked when the hood was delivered to us jux 2-3 days before chinese new year.

Edited by edenstrauss

I would like to give feedback on Fujioh FX900 delivery and installation by zero. The purchase was hassle free - by SMS and cash on delivery. The delivery was done as scheduled. In fact, due to miscommunication it was me who messed up the first appointment and they rescheduled without complaint. The installation was done on a separate day by Fujioh installer (extra fee of $30). The installer came on time and was professional. My husband who is an engineer was satisfied and quite impressed at how quickly and efficiently it was done. The reason I haven't given full feed back is because I haven't moved in yet and have not had a chance to use it. But delivery and installation were fine and I have no complaints.

I have no personal affiliation whatsoever with zero.

I purchased a fridge from Harvey Normal in Millenia Walk. They were offering a good price and they had the display model in their shop. The salesman Jason Lim was very helpful and knowledgeable. The delivery was spot on time. The delivery men were helpful. They dismantled the fridge door to get it into my kitchen and they were careful not to damage it during the whole process. The installer from LG was also spot on time. He was a great guy who used to live in my neighbourhood and was reminiscing about his childhood there. I have no complaints about Harvey Norman delivery and LG installation either. I would buy an LG product again as the installer gave such a good impression (next up for purchase is their steam washer and dryer).

I have a full-time job and 3 children so I appreciate vendors who deliver on time as I have a tight schedule. I have to admit that a lot of this is down to "luck" - same as the renovations. I have some good experiences and bad experiences with the contractor/sub-cons but all of this I put down to experience and this will stand me in good stead for any future projects.

Edited by ugoh

Hi ugoh,

I had a duplication of comments so I m penning in something different while retaining the other in the next post below.

Your fujioh is a slimline hood & could be easily installed. For DIY experts, it's easy. Ours is a chimney running on a recycling/ venting mode but after looking at what the installer has done for us, DIY installation is possible too.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi ugoh

Thanks for sharing now. If only we have picked up your good reviews of them, we would have engaged them to install our Electrolux cooker hood... :(

I do agree that luck is definitely involved in everything that we do. But did your pleasant purchases take place during the peak period eg towards Chinese new year & Christmas?

Those were nightmarish periods for almost anything. Many companies lose their focus due to overwhelming orders.

The pricing at Harvey norman millenia walk differs from those located at heartland given the same models & they have a wider variety, including stuff that aren't found in other outlets.

And I m surprised that your fridge delivery was direct from LG becox harvey Norman mentioned that their fridges & washers were delivered by their own warehouse people, not agent... Looks like they are practising double standards across outlets.

Incidentally, I jux found out that zero is related to kah hock repair & services located at macpherson.

This company has been in the business for a very long time. My elderly aunt who is in her 70s this year jux mentioned to me that she used to engage them for repairs & replacements of her hobs a long time ago.

Apart from providing repair services, the company now sells & installs kitchen hoods & hobs.

Anyways it was jux bad luck for our Electrolux hood all the way from delivery till installation. :(

Edited by edenstrauss