Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Fujioh (Wall-Mounted) Kitchen Hood - Is It Good?

Hi edenstrauss I am sorry I did not give enough feedback at the time. I was afraid that, given my small number of postings, forum members would think that I was somehow affiliated to zero or "advertising" for him. And I have not used the hood yet so unable to give feedback on its usage, only on the delivery and installation.

I had considered getting a chimney hood but after weighing the pros and cons and looking at installation diagrams, I decided to go for s slimline model with easy installation since my hob is right next to a very large window with sliding panels that can open up to the width of 2 panes of a normal casement window. Therefore it seemed like over-kill to have a chimney hood and I only needed a simple hood to prevent cooking fumes from travelling straight up to stain my newly painted false ceiling. I also wanted minimum blocking of the beautiful view from my kitchen window.

My hood was delivered outside of the holiday period (some months ago). My fridge was delivered on the 12th day of CNY. Probably not considered peak period.

The LG fridge was DELIVERED by Harvey Norman and INSTALLED by LG. So I had 2 teams of people coming to my place on the same day and both appeared on time and gave good service.

I do sympathise about the "peak period" malaise. It happens not only in Singapore but overseas as well. I had ordered a sofa and dining table from Italian manufacturers through Dream Interior (paid a hefty sum for them). They arrived with some defects which was uber dissppointing given how much I had paid. But the company is replacing the table and rectifying the sofa problem by shipping in a replacement for one of the parts. They blamed it on the X'mas period rush in Europe. We consumers are at the mercy of the vendors and I feel grateful and relieved when things go well but mentally prepared for things to go awry at any time after reading the horror stories of some forum members. You will see that there are more bad feedback than good feedback on vendors. Those who are happy tend not to rave so openly but those who have bad experiences do seem to complain more. That is my impression.

Edited by ugoh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi ugoh,

U r right on that part about people not being generous with positive reviews for good services. I m not sure if this was associated with the Asian culture. I never fail to notice how the Asians react to compliments being paid to them.

But I m taking steps to alter this perception as I have uploaded many good reviews of contractors whom we had engaged for our flat. They had exceeded my high expectations as I m a perfectionist. As such, when I put up positive reviews, it's well deserving.

Please don't feel apologetic. I am looking at things from your perspective. So your hesitation in responding earlier was understandable.

I would conclude my poor experiences with Harvey Norman & electrolux's inferior product quality as "fate". Bad luck! :(

Hi Bro,

May I know how is the performance of your Fujioh FX900?

i am currently shortlisting this hood also...but not sure of how is its performance....

Appreciate your kind reviews..

thanks alot

May i know why is installation needed for the Fujioh hood? Thought just slide in and connect the power socket?

If u know how to drill & install, it's pretty straight forward for a slimline cooker hood.

pls recomend hobs.. RINNAI or Fujiroh?? or others.. my Hob previously from HObZ it inner flame rust off and break as well as it starter not working anymore.. where to get it??

Will I require to cut my existing granite table top?