Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
endlssorrow

Kitchen Top

Woo.... 4k just for the countertop?  but i know it sure worth the money paid.

My dream countertop would be from silestone... Must tighten my belt more... Haha

Btw, where can we see actual samples of the quartz stones? Can we just walk in to see, note the price and ask for samples?

You want to see SilesStone, just visit Builder Shop showroom at changi road east, you can get actual address from their website.

Seriously if you want white color, CaesarStone 1141 is good enough.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Solid surface comes in many type of materials...

1. Postform (plywood with laminate)

2. Solid wood (polished and lacquer)

3. Polyester/Acrylic mixed

4. 100% Polyester

5. 100% Acrylic

6. Natural Stone (Granite/Marble/Limestone)

7. Stainless Steel

8. Quartz

If you are looking for low maintenance, heat resistance, stain resistance, scratch resistance and chip resistance, then only Quartz fit the bill. I only use the brands (CaesarStone and SilesStone) i trusted. They are available in premium and non-premium range; various thickness (the thicker the more $); they can be quite expensive $180 pfr for non-premium and $280 pfr for premium range.

If your kitchen cabinet is 10 feet in length, most if not all solid surface will come in 2 pieces. However some materials can be polish until cannot see and cannot feel the join line.

I am using CaesarStone 2141 Fresh White Quartz (20mm) for my kitchen, total of 16 feet, $4000. If you are quoted by ID, expect to pay more. My longest kitchen cabinet is 9 feet, the Quartz solid surface comes in 2 pieces and installers use resin epoxy to join them together, can see and feel the join line.

Tachipanda is right. No such things as ***proof... all tops are resistant to heat, scratches, water stain etc. So maintenance is very important. Even for the natural stones :D

As for the number of pieces i would say at least 2 pieces lo. at the corners especially. hahaz

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

The other day i fight with my wife over a package of chicken rice chilli and she throw it onto the quartz counter top, the whole pack of chilli burst open and splashed across the white quartz. I only clean it a few hours later, guess what...? No staining occured, cant say the same with acrylic and acrylic mixed.

Any idea how much stainless steel counter top will cost?

How about Stainless steel bottom kitchen cabinet? About 10 feet.

thanks.

Stainless steel?Yes I ever saw at Louvre Design and the brand they carrying is "Copat"

Stainless steel top with integrated stainless steel sink,wow swee but price lagi swee :sport-smiley-004:

U may go chk it out :yamseng:

Hi taichipanda,

May I know where did you source for your caeserstone top?

Thanks,

Solid surface comes in many type of materials...

1. Postform (plywood with laminate)

2. Solid wood (polished and lacquer)

3. Polyester/Acrylic mixed

4. 100% Polyester

5. 100% Acrylic

6. Natural Stone (Granite/Marble/Limestone)

7. Stainless Steel

8. Quartz

If you are looking for low maintenance, heat resistance, stain resistance, scratch resistance and chip resistance, then only Quartz fit the bill. I only use the brands (CaesarStone and SilesStone) i trusted. They are available in premium and non-premium range; various thickness (the thicker the more $); they can be quite expensive $180 pfr for non-premium and $280 pfr for premium range.

If your kitchen cabinet is 10 feet in length, most if not all solid surface will come in 2 pieces. However some materials can be polish until cannot see and cannot feel the join line.

I am using CaesarStone 2141 Fresh White Quartz (20mm) for my kitchen, total of 16 feet, $4000. If you are quoted by ID, expect to pay more. My longest kitchen cabinet is 9 feet, the Quartz solid surface comes in 2 pieces and installers use resin epoxy to join them together, can see and feel the join line.

Hi taichipanda,

May I know where did you source for your caeserstone top?

Thanks,

Both my designer friend and my carpenter has CaesarStone on their speed dial.

Hi all, went to urban design last nite. They're having the Quartz promo of $88 pfr till today (aug promo). Is it considered cheap?

Nvr heard of it b4 till yesterday. The ID showed me a chart comparing Quartz, granite & solid surface.

Quartz comes in diff brand/type?