Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pooh

Homogenous tiles?

Dear peng

ya, champion tiles usually cost around $4.20 psf. the one that i've chosen is an ISO standard champion tiles therefore is $4.20 psf but my id managed to get for me a very good deal, about $2 plus to $3 psf. maybe my id liaise with Hafary very often lor. :D

Hi can share your Id contact for floor tile laying. Currently i have whole house living and room pop up have uneven surface. I saw a thread regarding about you id can get cheaper price for homogenous tiles at hafary and does laying of tiles if i am not wrong. Hope you can help by sending me his contacts i am sure he is reliable? I am sorry your pm box is full, can you pm me his contacts.Thx.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi can share your Id contact for floor tile laying. Currently i have whole house living and room pop up have uneven surface. I saw a thread regarding about you id can get cheaper price for homogenous tiles at hafary and does laying of tiles if i am not wrong. Hope you can help by sending me his contacts i am sure he is reliable? I am sorry your pm box is full, can you pm me his contacts.Thx.

the reply is meant for Rabbit. Rabbit can help me by sharing your Id contact

actually hafary give a straight 20% off the price on the tile for walk-ins

just have to tell the salesperson that you are buying yourself, not ask contractor come down and buy.

was there the other day, one guy came down to buy one piece, also get 20%

just be sure to bargain and tell them you are buying yourself coz they usually gives kickbacks to contractors/ID. got my tiles from Hup Kiong, a whopping $0.90 of the price of $3.2 for 800 x 800 porcelain tiles. btw, that's the name for homo tiles coz it's homogenous throughout thus the name...

woah ! didn't know that at all... should have bought the tiles myself had I known. but how would i know hw much tiles is needed ? skali buy too much or too little... die die, sure die...

20% discount off the price at Hafary but is it for all the tiles or only certain type?

That case it be good that I ask the contractor to quote for laying of tiles only. Only problem will be selecting of tiles, will see till blur even if contractor recommendation of colour. :jawdrop:

umm, the tiles we were looking at were 600 x 600 hm tiles

those on the wall, on sliding mechanism side ones (matt/rough surface)

but i believe the discount applies to all

just have to bargain hard :notti:

actually hafary give a straight 20% off the price on the tile for walk-ins

just have to tell the salesperson that you are buying yourself, not ask contractor come down and buy.

was there the other day, one guy came down to buy one piece, also get 20%

just be sure to bargain and tell them you are buying yourself coz they usually gives kickbacks to contractors/ID. got my tiles from Hup Kiong, a whopping $0.90 of the price of $3.2 for 800 x 800 porcelain tiles. btw, that's the name for homo tiles coz it's homogenous throughout thus the name...

thx for the info. I just want to back up information in case my tiles breaks up...now the floor every place popped up liao.

my homo tiles have a layer of wax, my contractor say just wash with water will do , cannot use chemical wash else will change the colour! He say if it is not polish, then have to ask ppl to come in to polish! he saw the tile i ordered and say so far my tile ok :D

think quite a few forummers also have this problem with acid-wash

me will ensure that my contractor use non-acid based chemical to do the chemical wash

Hi,

I would like to share my problem and hope someone can help. I bought a premium flat in Punggol. The flooring of the house is polish homogeneous and parquet flooring in all the rooms. My husband and I wanted to save as much as we can on reno so we declined the acid wash thinking it wasn't necessary. Now my tiles look very dusty and it doesn't shine like it should even though I mop the house daily. What should I do? Is there a special chemical I can buy from the store to make my flooring shine. Please help. Thank you

Hi,

I would like to share my problem and hope someone can help. I bought a premium flat in Punggol. The flooring of the house is polish homogeneous and parquet flooring in all the rooms. My husband and I wanted to save as much as we can on reno so we declined the acid wash thinking it wasn't necessary. Now my tiles look very dusty and it doesn't shine like it should even though I mop the house daily. What should I do? Is there a special chemical I can buy from the store to make my flooring shine. Please help. Thank you

Firstly, inspect what kind of dust is it. Suggest you use a clean dry cloth to mop thoroughly for 1 round, then use "MaMa Lemon" mix well with water to mop again. It should goes well after few round.

Hi

Can someone give me an idea of the average cost of homo tiles from China, M'sia, Spain and Italy respectively. And what are the pros and cons for each.

Thks a million.

Hi

Can someone give me an idea of the average cost of homo tiles from China, M'sia, Spain and Italy respectively. And what are the pros and cons for each.

Thks a million.

There is no average cost for homogeneous tiles. The range is quite wide; between $2+ to $10 psf. I think you should not concern about the place of manufacture as the process and technic are basically the same, so do the pros and cons as they are basically same product. Only concern should be your budget, the design, size, and finishes.

There is no average cost for homogeneous tiles. The range is quite wide; between $2+ to $10 psf. I think you should not concern about the place of manufacture as the process and technic are basically the same, so do the pros and cons as they are basically same product. Only concern should be your budget, the design, size, and finishes.

Haha... how can Italian made tiles have same quality as China made tiles? Have you ever made any comparison from the test report or not?

No offence but definetely imposible to say Italian and China made tiles are equal in quality.