Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xspear

Finally, A Place To Call Home

Hello everyone,

Finally, I found time to start my own t-blog. My renovation is 85% done, so far so good. Prior to the reno, I was looking and following all the t-blogs. So I thought it is about time for me to contribute. =)

We got our resale flat only this year after 2 years of trying for BTO (sigh) and 1 year of searching for the right resale flat. Out 1st appt was back in Feb and 2nd appt in June.

During the interval, my wife and I were busy looking for the best ID/contractor. I must say it was such a torture after going through so many IDs and contractors. But finally, after looking through much feedback from the t-blogs and for the cost factor, we decided to engage Edmund from DX interior. Like what the others have said, he is really responsible in his work and I guess we have been working well with each other. =)

My floor plan:

img0786yf.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by xspear

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome to RT!

I guess, based on the above, that your reno is already well underway? How has the journey been so far?

I like your layout though (admittedly it's like no flat that I've ever seen before, however!) and I'm interested to see what your ID has done with it. :)

When I first went to look for Edmund, I could not find his office! I thought it would be along the shops at level 1. Little did I know that his shop is a stand-alone. I kind of feel that his office is converted from a "ma-ma" shop. I thought it was kind of innovative, for those who have been there, they will know what I mean. =)

Its is a nice shop though with the big turtle. Prior to signing the contract, we spend so many hours discussing designs and space planning. I remember there was once we spent 4 hours on a Saturday evening in his office. -_-

Welcome to RT!

I guess, based on the above, that your reno is already well underway? How has the journey been so far?

I like your layout though (admittedly it's like no flat that I've ever seen before, however!) and I'm interested to see what your ID has done with it. :)

Yeah, some say the design is abit weird. O.O

I like the environment though. It's near a nature park. =)

Our contractor Edmund has been kind to me. So everything is well on its way, will be done in 2-3 weeks time. Due to $$ constraint, we went for something simple but modern I guess, nothing fanciful. Pictures coming soon... =)

Hi there! Welcome to Bt Batok!

I am just wondering which side you're facing? The Nature Park/Toh Tuck, or closer to YISS or the 2 busy junctions? My in laws are in the same estate as well, hence I know the area very well.

Please show some pictures of the view! :)

Your EA looks very big, what's the floor area? I like your design with 2 balconies. The service yard is big and separate from the kitchen, really nice :) waiting for u to post pics of your newly renovated place.

Hi there! Welcome to Bt Batok!

I am just wondering which side you're facing? The Nature Park/Toh Tuck, or closer to YISS or the 2 busy junctions? My in laws are in the same estate as well, hence I know the area very well.

Please show some pictures of the view! :)

Hello! I'm near the junction facing more towards Toh Tuck I guess. We can't hear much of the traffic noise at the junction. =)

Some pictures of the view and the state of the house before renovation. We will be doing up the toilets, kitchen and service balcony.

View...

dsc06889z.th.jpg

We simply loved the trees and view though it can be better. =(

common toilet

img0295xo.th.jpg

master toilet

img0422xu.th.jpg

Previous owner did not do anything to both the toilets since when it was built. Though clean we decided to "modernise" it.

kitchen

img0418dt.th.jpg

The kitchen top is the old ceramic top so we decided to change it.

part of living room

img0413oh.th.jpg

This curved part of the house gave us a huge headache. So we decided to "cut" half of it away to allow more light into the house. Well, we just love a bright home.

Edited by xspear

dining room

img0414g.th.jpg

The previous owners cut a hole in the wall between the dining and kit, so we decided to make it even bigger to allow better ventilation and light into the kit.

Well, that was back in early July. Then Edmund's team came in to start the hacking process. They were pretty efficient in hacking things, all done within 2 days.

Kitchen gone

img0521lm.th.jpg

Toilets gone

img0528g.th.jpg

Walls gone

img0540rq.th.jpg

img0566g.th.jpg

Your EA looks very big, what's the floor area? I like your design with 2 balconies. The service yard is big and separate from the kitchen, really nice :) waiting for u to post pics of your newly renovated place.

Yup, I liked the 2 balconies idea too. =) It's 144sqm.

Hello! I'm near the junction facing more towards Toh Tuck I guess. We can't hear much of the traffic noise at the junction. =)

Ah. Love your view. The in laws' flat faces Keming so no such view to boast of... :)