Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SophiaCheng

Painting Price For Terrace

Anyone has any idea what is the rough price for painting a inter terrace, three storey, interior and exterior? Have been given quotes which range from below $10 k to $18k. Need to have a rough estimate as I dun want to be 'chopped'.

Edited by SophiaCheng

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone has any idea what is the rough price for painting a inter terrace, three storey, interior and exterior? Have been given quotes which range from below $10 k to $18k. Need to have a rough estimate as I dun want to be 'chopped'.

Depends on the height and area of your building to be painted and the quality of the paint to be used. If you are using normal weather bond ICI or Nippon Paint, it should be cheaper.

As your building will likey require scaffolding, part of the cost goes into constructing and disassembling the scaffold.

Thanks for the reply. How long will the normal weather bond paint last before I need to touch up? Do I need any approval from PE to put up the scaffolding?

No need PE approval for putting up scaffold when you are merely repainting your house. This is a requirement by MOM previously and it is by legislation under the WSH Act now. The purpose is to make it safe for the workers who are painting your house.

Not too sure how long ICI or Nippon Paint will last before you touch up because it depends on how fussy one is. Some people only repaint once every 5 years. The choice of colour also affects the need to touch up more frequently eg. white colour or light colours. My neighbour who used Nippon Weather Bond Paint felt the need to repaint his entire fascade merely after 6 months. It depends on you.

Thanks for the reply. How long will the normal weather bond paint last before I need to touch up? Do I need any approval from PE to put up the scaffolding?

When you settle on your contractor for this job, I'll be interested to know the cost and appreciate if you could share in the forum and/or send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

The scaffolding itself may cost at a range of $5k - $8k depending on the area needed. I would think that one should not based only on the cost, but the quality of paint given~ Looking at the quotes, a $10k sounds very cheap depending on the area of work. Assuming the scaffolding for the exterior setup costing you on average of $6500, they are only charging you $3500 for the actual painting work which includes the sealer cost, labour cost and paint material cost..

When you settle on your contractor for this job, I'll be interested to know the cost and appreciate if you could share in the forum and/or send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Sure. Getting some quotes now and those below 10k say don't need scaffold ....... Will see how itvgoes by this weekend. Will keep you updated.

No need PE approval for putting up scaffold when you are merely repainting your house. This is a requirement by MOM previously and it is by legislation under the WSH Act now. The purpose is to make it safe for the workers who are painting your house.

Not too sure how long ICI or Nippon Paint will last before you touch up because it depends on how fussy one is. Some people only repaint once every 5 years. The choice of colour also affects the need to touch up more frequently eg. white colour or light colours. My neighbour who used Nippon Weather Bond Paint felt the need to repaint his entire fascade merely after 6 months. It depends on you.

Many a time, painter just mixed the paint with water in order to save cost on the paint so that they can remain competitive in the market. If the painter is experience enough, upon newly completed paint work will not be able to tell the difference. However shortly after, owner more often will be able to notice their paint work starting to fade and color change under sunshine and rain.

Honest painter usually will just stick to the pure paint that was given without adding anything. By default, I understand that even ICI Weathershield or Weatherbond is a good brand and paint which will last for years if without any mixture added. But then again, on comparison of price, how many can sustain for even survival?

Edited by keelink

Paid my painter $8800 for my 3storey corner terrace.

ICI for exterior

Nippon for interior

Metal Gate/Stairs Railing

ICI for exterior

Nippon for interior

Thanks for quote. That's about the price the painter quoted us too. Will be using ICI for exterior and interior.

Thanks for quote. That's about the price the painter quoted us too. Will be using ICI for exterior and interior.

Hi Sophia,

I am similar looking to repaint my 2 storey semi-d external wall.

Could you share your experience on why did you choose the ICI paint ? was it cheaper or was it recommended ?

Thanks.

ICI for exterior

Nippon for interior

Does it means that inter terrace will be cheaper since there are only 2 exterior walls to be painted, ie the front and the back. Corner terrace would have minimum 3 sides to paint (front, back and side + boundary wall).

Does it means that inter terrace will be cheaper since there are only 2 exterior walls to be painted, ie the front and the back. Corner terrace would have minimum 3 sides to paint (front, back and side + boundary wall).

I guess so.

Easily 1-2k cheaper..