Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Quartz

Xclusive Vs Unisprings

Hello everyone! As I'm about to shift my new house soon, I've been scouting for furniture shops that sells beds and furnitures!

I'm mainly focusing on beds, and intend to get a platform bed. Unfortunately, many of the places I've been to doesn't carry platform beds, and I finally found platform beds in "Unisprings" in IMM building & "Xclusive" furniture shop opposite IMM Building, but I've some concerns regarding this.

1)Have anyone actually bought beds from either of them, and if so; is the quality of the goods good?

2)Should I be getting a PVC/PU or a Fabric finishing for my platform bed?

I'm still open to recommendations to anywhere that sells platform beds, please feel free to give suggestions if you have any!

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by Quartz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello everyone! As I'm about to shift my new house soon, I've been scouting for furniture shops that sells beds and furnitures!

I'm mainly focusing on beds, and intend to get a platform bed. Unfortunately, many of the places I've been to doesn't carry platform beds, and I finally found platform beds in "Unisprings" in IMM building & "Xclusive" furniture shop opposite IMM Building, but I've some concerns regarding this.

1)Have anyone actually bought beds from either of them, and if so; is the quality of the goods good?

2)Should I be getting a PVC/PU or a Fabric finishing for my platform bed?

I'm still open to recommendations to anywhere that sells platform beds, please feel free to give suggestions if you have any!

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi, I got mine from Xclusive (the shop at Kallang, not IMM). I got to choose the color for the fabric. The one I got is the one with one side wider than the other and comes with a rectangular flat cushion. The bed was delivered on time and without visual defects, and I have been using it for 11 months now and so far there is no problem. The fabric is quite stain free, and can be cleaned with slightly damp cloths. I was told the beds are made in Malaysia, and not China, so I suppose the quality is much better and less hiccups on delivery. As for the shop, I gathered that the boss of exclusive is the same as the other chain, Nova, and this Xclusive is to target the higher end customers, compared to Nova.

I bought the Omazz full latex mattress and I LOVE MY BED! :-) The only drawback of a platform bed is it is almost impossible to vacuum under the bed. :-(

:-)

Edited by jaydenmom

Hi jaydenmom! Is the one at Kallang the same as the one at IMM?

I actually wanted to get a fabric finishing but I heard that fabrics are harder to maintain as compared to PVC/PU. Yet, people say that PVC will start to peel off after 1-2 years. So I'm in a dilemma over which to get. Are fabrics really much harder to maintain? Or is it still acceptable?

I bought my 1st bed frame from unispring about 8 yrs ago. the frame still damm solid. 2 weeks ago i bought from them again. this time the matress (full latex) maxcool or something and the storage bedframe. i also bought 1 single mattress maxicool too. deliver next saturday. i hope this time round also good. I bought from the fat boss....... hahaha he provides very good service..... talk also damm good hahaha so need to be careful...

I am quite impressed of his bedframe. A look very solid.

Hi!

We got our bed from Unisprings and due for delivery this Sat. We were served by Lyn and she is very patient in letting us try all the beds in the shop and clearly explains to us.

Unsure if you have bought your furniture but if you have seen my posts in other threads for Mr Decor at IMM, don't ever step into Mr Decor at IMM Level 3.

Here's what I've posted in the other threads for your quick reference:

Just to share with those who are hunting for furniture:

I agree totally with the bad service at Mr. Decor at IMM (Level 3). The attitude of their sales staff and even the manager, Kenny is atrocious. Promise that they can customize the coffee table for us in black, he even called his factory at Dongguan, China to check on this. Everything ok, everything no problem (that is on 9th Aug). After we placed 50% deposit(that's their requirement for deposit) coz my in-laws went there several times and the staffs' before sales aka sales talk skills are superb , 3 weeks later & YES! you are reading it correctly, its 3 WEEKS later (on 29th Aug), his staff called and informed that it cannot be done.. So want us to go down again to select another from their available stocks. We went down (on 30th Aug) but nothing caught our eyes, all the stocks are no different from what we had seen 3 weeks back. Apparently, they are just trying to push sales. Very very hard sell. This is the 1st promise broken.

They kept promising that there will definitely be new stocks & mentioned they will call us when new stocks arrive, probably on 10th Sept. No one called on 10th Sept. We went down on 12th Sept to check if there's any new stocks. I can't believe that we have to go back to the shop 3 times just to settle a simple coffee table. We were totally filled with disappointment on 12th Sept. Kenny, the manager mentioned since that's the case, he will deduct $600 - the price of the coffee table out from the package price (that previously includes the sofa, dining table & coffee table) to compensate us for the waiting time and if we see any coffee table we like in the shop the next time round, it will only cost $500. Frankly speaking, a simple coffee table does not cost that much. Since it looks like the coffee table issue more or less settled here. He kept pushing us to get the coffee table in white, I was already very very upset coz it just does not match our living room concept. How can you insist your customer to get something unwillingly just because you want to make a closure to the deal? I am very strongly against his words. Why should we be the victims when it is so clearly their fault? Why should we compromise? It was their promise on 9th Aug that they can customise specially the coffee table in black, which was why we agreed to the package deal (Sofa, dining table & coffee table). Else, getting in Malaysia is worth it. They are more accomodating there.

Again, Kenny promised the delivery on 17th Sept (Sat) is a No Problem. My hubby received a call this afternoon that delivery schedule on Sat is FULL. As a manager, he is ridiculously dis-organised. I am totally disgusted with him. So I called the sales person who served us previously, Anthony. He said he will check and revert. He got Kenny to call and I told Kenny in a nice way (I am not the typical demanding and unreasonable customer), yesterday he mentioned that delivery on Sat is a no problem after he had checked for us on the spot and confirmed on that (Now, I'm wondering if he did even bother to check when we were there yesterday). Sat is a better day for us coz it is a non-working day. But now he insists to change the delivery schedule on Fri evening - this means we have to make alternative plans to rush to our new house after work. It is so disruptive. Kenny's reply over the phone in an irritated manner: "If the delivery day of Sat matters so much to you, WELL, I CAN change it back to Sat afternoon FOR YOU but I CAN'T GUARANTEE that both your dining table & sofa will be delivered together (I was like, what atrocious customer service is this??? You mean the total number of items stated on the same invoice will be delivered separately? Going to the same place twice to deliver individual items? It is no doubt that the delivery schedule is full, because they are doing double jobs, perhaps who knows, triple?). This shows how dis-organised and messy this organisation is operating. Promises broken umpteen times..

This is when it daunted on me that it is time I check on their reputation. I googled the reputation of Mr Decor and am very shocked that there's not a single good comment at all. Apparently, they changed their company name from Beng Hwa to Mr Decor not because to keep up with the trend, it is because Beng Hwa is blacklisted in all the sites (Renotalk, Singapore Brides, Cozy Cot - just to name a few) which I went to. Imagine if a company has built very good reputation over the years, why would they want to have a change in the name? When I mentioned that I want a full refund over the phone to Kenny, he shouted at me and threatened me. Sounds like a hooligan, gangster kind of manager he is. A word of caution: Do NOT ever even step into their shop at level 3 at IMM.

@tyming: Haha okay thanks! I should be getting mattress from them too!

@@11Nov: Oh my, I didn't know its that bad! Thanks for the heads up man! :D

@tyming: Haha okay thanks! I should be getting mattress from them too!

@@11Nov: Oh my, I didn't know its that bad! Thanks for the heads up man! :D

BEWARE of Xclusive (opp IMM). I'm having headache with them, very stressful. Lies after lies. I'll update when I get solution from them. My advice is don't buy from them.

BEWARE of Xclusive (opp IMM). I'm having headache with them, very stressful. Lies after lies. I'll update when I get solution from them. My advice is don't buy from them.

Oh my, what happened? I am now contemplating to get bedframes from them or Hommage! :\

Oh my, what happened? I am now contemplating to get bedframes from them or Hommage! :\

oh no .. i just bought dining table and coffee table from them ..

what happened?

Got my bed from Unispring on Saturday.... as good as the 1st one. 3 guys came to just deliver the Q size stroager bed frame, Maxi full latex mattress ans 1 single spring mattress. They fixed up the frame damm fast....another good job to them. Called me on Friday evening to confirm time on Saturday, arrived on TIME !! and the delivery men all good service....

They still got time to look around my renovation hehehehehe :dancingqueen: