Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angie219

Create Additional Room In The Living Room

hi.

my mum like to create another room for my lil bro in the living room.

looking at those dry wall partitions but am not sure how much it will cost. there will be a total of about 3 walls created to make a room.

Wall 1: 210cm (length) x 260cm (height)

Wall 2: 270cm x 260cm

Wall 3: 320cm x 260cm

Are the dry wall partitions removable? Like by ourselves? Because i think in like the next 5-6 years, it will be removed since he will be able to have his own room when my elder bro ( now 22 years old) moves out.

What about those office panels? Feasible?

Help needed since i dont really have an inkling about such renovation stuffs.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

if u r keen, I could PM you my wall-builder, Ah Cheong's contact number.

My walls were built by him & he is by far, one of the best candidate you could consult. Very good workmanship & service so he charges a premium. So I'm not sure if you'll prefer a contractor who would provide you a cheaper quotation.

Please take a look at my thread on the process of wall fabrication in my flat by Ah Cheong & his team of workers:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40463&st=0&p=634826&fromsearch=1entry634826

What you are referring to is probabbly gypsum board which is commonly known as partition board. You've got to be careful not to slam, knock or crash into such walls. Otherwise, there'll be cavities & dents.

Hi,

I had PM-ed Ah Cheong's contacts to you already. PLease check your mail box.

I've checked with my hubby on partition board. His office rooms are mostly made of partition boards, which are also known as gypsum board (technical term).

And he said that if the workmanship is good, the boards aren't wobbly. Not "weak" in the sense that the boards are shaky after installation. There are many metal strips at equal intervals inside the partition boards.

U have to tell your contractor your requirements very clearly, including your intention to remove those boards eventually. Otherwise, you might risk having scars on your tiles after the partition boards had been removed.

Hey if the situation permits you to do so, please continue to keep this thread alive in updating the outcome of your newly created bedroom.

The other renotalk members who have similar intention to create additional rooms within the house would be most grateful to you.

best wishes!

:)

Hi,

Ah Cheong would normally return calls. Would u want to try calling again tomorrow?

Thus far, he returns all our calls.

I'm not sure if HDB's permit is required. U might want to call up your branch office to find out becox they will get the technical officer whose incharge of your block to advise you if it's required for partition wall.

On 9/10/2011 at 1:32 AM, edenstrauss said:

Hi,

My walls were built by him & he is by far, one of the best candidate you could consult. Very good workmanship & service so he charges a premium. So I'm not sure if you'll prefer a contractor who would provide you a cheaper quotation.

Please take a look at my thread on the process of wall fabrication in my flat by Ah Cheong & his team of workers:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40463&st=0&p=634826&fromsearch=1entry634826

What you are referring to is probabbly gypsum board which is commonly known as partition board. You've got to be careful not to slam, knock or crash into such walls. Otherwise, there'll be cavities & dents.

You are the contractor ?:o

On 03/01/2017 at 1:43 PM, Jason Day said:

You are the contractor ?:o

Hi, I m not a contractor or renovator. I m a home owner who shared my experiences in getting walls restored in my home. 

On 9/10/2011 at 1:32 AM, edenstrauss said:

Hi,

Hi Eden, can you pm me the wall builder contact? Also does he takes care building of wooden door frame?