Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andrew

How To Remove Tap From Kitchen Basin

I've an extendable kitchen basin tap (with hot & cold feature.

I intend to remove it for replacement.

However, I realized that the "locking nut" at the bottom of the tap is HUGE ! It's 45mm wide and hardware stores I go to do not have such a huge socket wrench to remove it.

Any suggestions on how I can remove it ? The working space is really tight ....

img1674copy.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've an extendable kitchen basin tap (with hot & cold feature.

I intend to remove it for replacement.

However, I realized that the "locking nut" at the bottom of the tap is HUGE ! It's 45mm wide and hardware stores I go to do not have such a huge socket wrench to remove it.

Any suggestions on how I can remove it ? The working space is really tight ....

img1674copy.jpg

Which hardware stores you went to? If you have not visited those industrial hardware stores, they may have those. For those home hardware stores, i think they have limited items.

Which hardware stores you went to? If you have not visited those industrial hardware stores, they may have those. For those home hardware stores, i think they have limited items.

Tried removing myself, plier too small to get a firm grip, removed everything, moved the nut 1/5 way down and got stuck. In the end, called in a plumber instead :(

a socket wrench won't help. best if u can get a normal wrench with the 45mm size, hold the other end and get a nice angle to turn.

man, this reminds me of my army days when i had to remove filter hoses from engines...

Yeah, plus the fact that it's quite rusted and dirty. So in the end, i turned it 1/5 way down and got stuck. Got in a plumber to use his BIG HUGE wrench/plier or watever the tool is called to grip below and I turn the tap on top !

Most hardware stores in neighbourhood store will not carry this size.