Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PublicLife

Hdb Floorplans: The Best (And Worst) Layouts In Public Housing

Floorplan.jpg

Courtesy of Huggies's @ Admiralty Drive

Among the HDB estates that intrigue me, Admiralty stands out as one of the strangest. :unsure:

Take the floorplan above, as an example.

Firstly, if you look carefully, you'd notice that the front door of this unit is so close to the front door of the opposite unit that, if both households were to open their doors at the same time, the doors would come very close to touching and the people exiting their flats would probably end up crashing into each other! :rolleyes:

Then, for goodness knows what reason, the master bedroom is oddly kinked and curved. What any flat owner can put in that strangely curved corner is a complete mystery to me! :dunno:

Then, the study is oddly isolated from the rest of the unit by virtue of the fact that it is tucked away in a corner with its very own entrance passageway. An excellent choice for people who require complete silence and isolation to study, but an absurdity for everyone else! :P

To top it all off, the whole apartment seems to suffer from a remarkable lack of ventilation, with unbelievably few windows in each room. Bedroom 2 is the worst though. Not only does it have just two casement windows, but the windows are tucked by the side wall, where they offer an unparalleled view of the side of the building! Amazing! ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Unfortunately, the trend of putting the common bedrooms in sometimes rather unlikely (and distant!) locations continued throughout much of the late 1980s / early 1990s... as in the layout below, which strangely enough puts the common bedrooms at the opposite end of the flat from the common toilet (that would surely make things rather difficult if one needs to use the toilet in a hurry in the middle of the night!). :rolleyes:

5I4.jpg

I saw diffrence street of Pasir Ris unit have this lay out, can tell me other than Pasir Ris, where can we find this kind of lay out?

Unfortunately, the trend of putting the common bedrooms in sometimes rather unlikely (and distant!) locations continued throughout much of the late 1980s / early 1990s... as in the layout below, which strangely enough puts the common bedrooms at the opposite end of the flat from the common toilet (that would surely make things rather difficult if one needs to use the toilet in a hurry in the middle of the night!). :rolleyes:

5I4.jpg

Thats a good workout for your kid every time he/she needs to take a wee.

:sport-smiley-003:

I really like this one. The living room + kitchen is huge when combined. Great for an open concept and you'll have no problems even with 20 guests at your place.

Photo11-5-1210601AM.png

Is this what you were talking about... It's sort of triangular...

thefloorplan.jpg

Courtesy of An Em Situated Amongst Greenery

Even though this guy's layout is pretty wacky, I must say that I sure envy him. :yamseng: A ground floor EM at beautiful Sunset Way. And at 159 sq m, it certainly ain't small! And it comes with a back entrance too... I prefer ground floor EMs that do! It feels so much more house-like! Sweet! :good:

Hey! That is my layout! Heheh. Yeah, must say that the layout is rather unique and I just love the space beside the staircase. :)

Oh I do have the floor plan of the corner maisonette in Sunset Way.

Blk111SunsetWayEM.jpg

Cheers,

Sunset Way

Since I stay at Sunset Way, I do have a small collection of different EMs in the estate.

This angular layout is located at those high-rise blocks and for those who love having a small garden outside their home, it has a rather long corridor for potted plants.

I got to know about this layout when I was walking around the estate admiring other units and saw a 2nd storey unit with Peranankan windows and decor at the balcony. Then the female owner came out to her balcony and saw my brother and I admiring her decor and so she invited us up to her place! That was then I knew such interesting layout exist in my estate!

Anyway, just for sharing! Would be contributing more as I do have a collection of floor plans :P

SunsetWayBlk11502-58copy.jpg

Another dream of mine is also to get my hands on the floorplans for the split-level EMs along Hougang Ave 1:

Blk 111 Hougang Avenue 1, Singapore 530111

Blk 120 Hougang Avenue 1, Singapore 530120

Blk 122 Hougang Avenue 1, Singapore 530122

Apparently, when you enter the flat, there's a short flight of steps leading down to the living areas and another flight leading up to the bedrooms (or so I've heard anyway, from a friend who went to view one on sale a few years back). It has a very loft-like feel that was way ahead of its time. Quite extraordinary!

And their colour scheme has a pleasantly Mediterranean feel to it that it most appropriate, considering their location next to a sleepy little stream (or longkang, depending on how you look at it ;) ).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/S5N0ZNqSIWI/AAAAAAAAAOs/9NEBc_e0YBE/s1600-h/Picture2.jpg

Here u go.

Picture2.jpg

Hi, anyone hav Toa Payoh 4i floorplan? 3bedroom + utility room upgraded. can share here? thanks so much