Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrix0405

Repair Wooden Bathroom Door

The bottom of the maid's bathroom door is rotten. Kindly recommend a cheap and good repair 'method'. Get a carpenter to 'file' away the rotten part and replace with wood strip? Or replace whole door with plastic door? Any other DIY method? Thks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I would replace the entire door with a new one. Low-end plastic bi-fold door costs $120 and can last for another 10 years.

Even if the bottom rotten part from current door is removed, the upper part will rot sooner or later due to the water that has penetrated into the door over the years.

The bottom of the maid's bathroom door is rotten. Kindly recommend a cheap and good repair 'method'. Get a carpenter to 'file' away the rotten part and replace with wood strip? Or replace whole door with plastic door? Any other DIY method? Thks.

A pull-push water-proof curtain the most economical!Good idea right?

I would be very afraid to be your maid.

To be frank, have been to more than 30 countries, saw and stayed in all sort of hotel/motel and living quarters, stayed oil rig platforms in the middle of sea, boat cabin onboard parked parked & decked in middle of river in Brazilian jungle, camped at various parks and mountains.......

There is no one place as safe, as secure, than the place we called "home".

Put some weight at the bottom lah. I've been to many hotels, see many different kinds of showering curtain...

Tell you one "secret", my home's storeroom has no door, only a pull up/dowm blind.

To be frank, have been to more than 30 countries, saw and stayed in all sort of hotel/motel and living quarters, stayed oil rig platforms in the middle of sea, boat cabin onboard parked parked & decked in middle of river in Brazilian jungle, camped at various parks and mountains.......

There is no one place as safe, as secure, than the place we called "home".

Put some weight at the bottom lah. I've been to many hotels, see many different kinds of showering curtain...

Tell you one "secret", my home's storeroom has no door, only a pull up/dowm blind.

Think you have tried staying in all places, left only nuclear plant lol. :rolleyes:

Think you have tried staying in all places, left only nuclear plant lol. :rolleyes:

Talk abt nuclear plant, ha ha, I'm in energy trade. I have been to South Korean 14 times and have visited the Yeonggwang Nuclear Power Plant 2 times, of course not staying overnight "inside" there. But got stayed in korean's hospital 1D1N before - got electric shock and fainted during work in power stn there.

Singapore's 3 power plants - Tuas, Senoko, pulau seraya visited until I lost count liao.

How rotten door discuss until nuclear energy?? Can come back to earth and recommend me bifold or multi-fold doors? Can a bi-fold reuse the door frame? Where to get cheap and good bifold door?

How rotten door discuss until nuclear energy?? Can come back to earth and recommend me bifold or multi-fold doors? Can a bi-fold reuse the door frame? Where to get cheap and good bifold door?

Sorry for being off-track :P

I find Bi-fold door more lasting than multi-fold door after using both types. Yes you can reuse the door frame.

As for the door vendor, I let the other forummers recommend.