Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dadajie

Urban Simplicity

Hi Dadajie,

Congrats on your new house. Your house is really spacious! Will sure be fun to have friends and families to chillax together in your house. For the grout line, if i'm not wrong they can re-grout for you, but for white grout, over time it will still turn yellowish. Perhaps can request to re-grout color that is similar to your floor tile.

I had the same issue with you on homogeneous tile knowing that it can't be polish but they are relatively much cheaper, so in the end i still went for marble tiles instead. As i really hate to maintain the grout lines.

Looking forward to your house transformation. Happy reno-ing. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks Dreaming! It feels good to have someone agree with my idea! Heee~

How is the progress of your reno???

Looks like I need to read your blog to get more ideas! :D

Our reno is coming to an end. We are touching up the little details. Our furniture will come in in Oct. :dancingqueen:

Am so glad reno is over now. What a ride. Hope you will have a good one.

And guess what?! We bought that Noguchi coffee table u mentioned! Great minds think alike! ;)

And I envy you actually have space in your WIW to put such a long bench! Sounds great!

Edited by Dreaming

Hihi! Wow... 23 years old tile, the previous owner must have taken very good care of it!

And you are right, hacking it away will be a waste, what more it fits into your theme.

Are those marbles???

I am facing a problem... unfortunately my tiles are hormogenous tiles instead and after speaking to the IDs, they mentioned that hormogenous tiles cant be polished. But the lines in between the tiles are turning yellowish in colour... :curse:

Am not too sure how I can remove those stains......

My mum suggested brushing with a toothbrush -_-''' That will be quite abit to brush. Hahaha.

Hihi! Thanks for your suggestions! Can it be done? I will be so thankful if it can be done.

Let me go check with my ID!

I am still thinking I can't escape the fate of scrubbing it with a toothbrush and some chemicals. Hahaha.

Ask your ID if they can do a chemical wash for you... that should also 'melt' away most of the dirt and grout... then they can re-grout for you. Shouldn't cost too much I think.

Actually, our tiles are hormogenous and the last owner... well... he did not take care of the place but he hardly stayed in the flat. Our flat had belonged to 2 brothers who did not do much to it. ;p

I actually did scrub the grout by hand.... I used baking soda and some soap and OMG!!!! to see years of dirt coming out of the floor was an eye opener @@ lol!!!!! Sadistically theraputic! Gotta pre-warn you that I took 3/4 day per room during each crazy scrub.

Hihi! Wow... 23 years old tile, the previous owner must have taken very good care of it!

And you are right, hacking it away will be a waste, what more it fits into your theme.

Are those marbles???

I am facing a problem... unfortunately my tiles are hormogenous tiles instead and after speaking to the IDs, they mentioned that hormogenous tiles cant be polished. But the lines in between the tiles are turning yellowish in colour... :curse:

Am not too sure how I can remove those stains......

My mum suggested brushing with a toothbrush -_-''' That will be quite abit to brush. Hahaha.

Actually, our tiles are hormogenous and the last owner... well... he did not take care of the place but he hardly stayed in the flat. Our flat had belonged to 2 brothers who did not do much to it. ;p

I actually did scrub the grout by hand.... I used baking soda and some soap and OMG!!!! to see years of dirt coming out of the floor was an eye opener @@ lol!!!!! Sadistically theraputic! Gotta pre-warn you that I took 3/4 day per room during each crazy scrub.

Thanks for your advice!

It definitely sounds like a plan! Baking soda + soap!

At least get to save some money for other decors.

Gonna mobilize my sisters and their boyfriends! Muahahaha.

Think can be done in 1 day! Heh heh heh~ :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

TGIF!!!!

Finally the long awaited weekend is here!

Gonna meet the ID tomorrow for the initial layout plans and guess the decision making on the final ID is not far away! **happy happy**

Not rushing into things, definitely wanna make a good comparison before we decide anything.

Anyway do all IDs provide a rough quotations during the first layout plan appointment?

Seems like some of the IDs are reluctant to do so, but we don't feel comfy to commit anything without seeing the numbers.

The layout and ideas can be marvelous but if it is going bust our budget then what's the point?

Waiting for the right ID to come and sweep my feet away (both ideas and quotation)! :P

More updates tomorrow!

Met up with ID yesterday and boy, I was amazed by how different configurations can be achieved on the same floorplan!

I was super glad that my ID immediately understood what I was after once I told him my brief concept and even added on a couple of constructive ideas.

BUT the down side is of course the numbers... As compared to the previous ID, it is certainly much more expensive. =(

Hubby and I are now in a dilemma on which ID to decide on.

ID 1 offers a reasonable pricing for the work done (which enables me to do my kitchen with our budget), is a very meticulous and down to earth person but doesn't quite get the idea that I have in mind and the portfolio previously done is unfortunately not near to the concept I have in mind.

ID 2 is a young and hip person who probably know the latest trends and most importantly totally understand what I have in mind but the pricing is obviously marked up by quite abit, although within our budget still but I can't do my beloved kitchen :dunno:

I decided if I were to use ID 1, I have to really do alot of research and specifically let him know what I want. But it does defeat the purpose of an ID???

Hubby is more skewed towards ID 2 cos he rather spend alittle more money to get the peace of mind and can depend on the person on the design.

Well, that is of course to sacrifice my kitchen which he think is still in good condition, needless for reno.

*Headache Headache*

Anyway, after visiting the ID yesterday, we went furniture shopping!

Visited SPACE, totally wowed by it!

Everything I see, everything I like!!!

It is simply a musuem of home design. Great place to bring ideas home even if you can't bring the furniture back.

Oh, and *ahem* we saw the real Noguchi table. Hahahaha~

Going at $4650, I am happy to buy the replica from Lush instead. :P

Anyway some of the furnitures which we have sourced yesterday!

Hmmm.... seems like the reno have yet to start but I have already decided on almost all of the furnitures in the living room! Heeee.

Gonna start brainstorming on the bedroom now - whether to use the similar wood and white theme or go for a darker wood colour with black for example for a more cosy and luxe look? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Line TV Console by Grafunkt

*it is a little over our budget is definitely one of the lust items which I really want!*

linesv.jpg

By dadajie at 2011-09-18

Grafunkt

grafunkt.jpg

By dadajie at 2011-09-18

TV Console by White Woods

*similar theme to what we want, slightly cheaper than Line, might be a good substitute*

tvconsole.jpg

By dadajie at 2011-09-18

Camp coffee table by Air

campyh.jpg

By dadajie at 2011-09-18

Frame Dining Table by Grafunkt

*Simply beautiful but pity that they do not have Oak colour for this*

diningtable.jpg

By dadajie at 2011-09-18

Edited by Dadajie

continuing from the previous post...

Werk Table leg and Glass top by Grafunkt

*supposedly a work desk but we are thinking of using it as a dining table instead! and they have this in Oak. Pretty! I am thinking of pairing it with Olive green dining chairs with wooden legs*

werkz.jpg

By dadajie at 2011-09-18

Lalang coat hanger by Granfunkt

*ya i am a sucker for Granfunkt... can't help it when they have such beautiful stuff. But this is definitely a luxury item cos it does cost quite a bomb for a coat hanger*

hangerr.jpg

By dadajie at 2011-09-18

So much for today! Hopefully by the next blog, I have more ideas on the bedroom!

Till then...

Line TV Console by Grafunkt

*it is a little over our budget is definitely one of the lust items which I really want!*

linesv.jpg

By dadajie at 2011-09-18

We short-listed this as well. At the exact same place (park mall). Haha! Due to the price, it is still on my to-buy list. :( But I'm psycho-ing my HTB to buy it! :lol:

The good thing about the werk table is that you can customize your glass table top to the length you want, even more so since the table legs are two separate pieces. :) We got the 1.8m glass top which is a good size for dining.

We short-listed this as well. At the exact same place (park mall). Haha! Due to the price, it is still on my to-buy list. :( But I'm psycho-ing my HTB to buy it! :lol:

Haha~ I need to do some pyscho-ing as well! ^5

As much as I love it, I hate to admit that it is indeed a little overpriced in my perspective. Tsk tsk....

Do you know of anywhere that sell tv consoles of such materials and feel???

We tried White Woods but somehow still feel got quite a difference :(

Anyway they are have 15% discount now! And if you happen to buy more than 1 item, they might be able to give u a 20%. ;)

Let me know if you get it!!!