Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Vecheron

Need Recommendation For Lightings Purchase

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the stretch along balestia should fill one day of your hunt.

fm RT, me shortlisted few before conducting my search using two days, before finally settling down with light arcade + lightology.

eurostar, lightology & lumeria as heard belonged to the same boss. pretty nice stuffs they've got but $$$ on the higher side.

euro's attitude can't compare with light & lum 's attitude in my 2 times' visits,...my truthful comments!

chan huat - my buddy vouched for one of the 3 shops which he doesn't know which, for his condo's lightings. fm an honest staff there as he put across but when i visit, sales person either too busy with their stock-take or dun really cares bout your existence. at the middle shop, one chinese national girl cares to attend to me, & with gd knowledge. unfortunately some of wat i wanted isn't there & the deal wasn't thru.

along this balestia's stretch, resonably few with boh chap attitudes & couple of em with 'stage play' customer services. probably an uncle spotted cross-slinging a bag with t-shirt + bermudas + slippers doesn't appeal to em as a genuine customer! :sport-smiley-004: (& that's how i decide my purchases fm...those w attentive attitudes though my attire is the ah pek kinda)

jurong east - been to the 2 shops as recommended here but found their pricing high enough for bargaining to the level tagged at balestia's. for example: a simple rectangular light for the bedroom costs $90++ (or so) there whereas balestia's ranged at $80-88 (apple-to-apple-comparison). end of the day, it jus 'mouse catching its tail' story...after some hard bargaining with those bosses at jurong east, they 'relented' & dropped their prices to wat was deemed 'original' rsp at balestia, plus bit more deduction if ya hard enough! same same end of the day if ya to go to any shop @ balestia's :bangwall:

IMO you could probably save saliva & trips by going to balestia stretch first (and only, instead of je if u stayin too far off) to kickstart your bargaining fm there lor :rolleyes:

i got mine fm light arcade, a salesgirl called Janice. they provide price at its so-called 'low' level, which is really lowerly-priced than most. Then at end of it, throw in a discount at my Grand Total to further sweeten the deal. yes it's so in my case...but still some bargaining is required to further honeyed the sweetened deal! no biz is there to throw in deals which doesn't make em gd profits, but as far as i'm concerned, this one provides the least effort to get the deal thru in ways i feel is economical to my financial budget :thumbs up:

Edited by tuasbird

Wow, thanks for the long writeup tuasbird! I have read there's this shop lightings.com.sg and they have really good prices but i just wanna have afew more options. Seems like you have give me another 1!

fm RT, me shortlisted few before conducting my search using two days, before finally settling down with light arcade + lightology.

i got mine fm light arcade, a salesgirl called Janice. they provide price at its so-called 'low' level, which is really lowerly-priced than most. Then at end of it, throw in a discount at my Grand Total to further sweeten the deal. yes it's so in my case...but still some bargaining is required to further honeyed the sweetened deal! no biz is there to throw in deals which doesn't make em gd profits, but as far as i'm concerned, this one provides the least effort to get the deal thru in ways i feel is economical to my financial budget :thumbs up:

Any address on e 2 mentioned shops?

Hey dun mention vecheron!

I made purchases, incl lightings, for my new place jus 3 months ago in jun. So while m currently compiling a list for my sis who jus got keys to her new place, I happen to see your post n tot I jus share lor :)

Know it's never easy without references n seriously thank those kind souls in RT who helped me a big deal with their inputs!

I find lighting.com the cheapest and no need to bargain as prices are fixed. But quality wise depending on your luck. So far my toilet wall light is spoilt after few months using, the rest are still working.

Hi holyavartar,

If your referring to the 2 at jurong east, they r:

1) hylite deco

2) chelsea lighting

Both r located at jurong east, street 31 @ blk 353 facing boon way road or where Chinese Garden MRT is at diagonally across.

Now if u staying in the west, then probably going to either of these shops for purchases is economically viable in terms of utilizing your (sourcing) time. Oso since the rsp for all my items r set at a higher price tags there (both shops) compared to most along balestia's, I may need to allocate more time to bargain my way thru but probably to the same level as wat balestia's would have given me, eventually.

One of the 2 shops, attended by daughter (my assumption) of the female owner, is not too concerned bout my queries. She isn't rude but somehow m given the impression that I m quite a bother to her...it could be bad timing I supposed to have entered the shop at a 'wrong' time or rather, I'm just too overly-sensitive ;)

I find lighting.com the cheapest and no need to bargain as prices are fixed. But quality wise depending on your luck. So far my toilet wall light is spoilt after few months using, the rest are still working.

Oh...that 'few' months' usage...mind sharing how many was it exactly? Cos mine so far ok but can't be so hapi yet since we're into our 3rd month nia ;)

Any address on e 2 mentioned shops?

Or u referring to my purchases:

1) lights arcade - 321 balestier rd; served by janice

2) lightology - 534 & 536 balestia rd; served by andy & ah mon

For '1', don't expect a big shop area like lumeria hor! But the ppl there, esp Janice, is nice n sincere! Delivery is by a big-sized uncle named Patrick...wa, very very careful w your purchases & super polite n friendly type!

'2', I bought jus a small item for cash & carry but they provide great customer service! Do ask for discount. N end of purchase, m surprised they gave me a warranty card! I asked:'so small cheap item oso got warranty?!'

They replied:'any item here, so long u purchase fm us...any small issue jus ring us up, we settle it for u! Regardless of cheap or not, one or ten pcs - u r our valued customer liao!'

Tears drop la...感动...

May i know which model is the light that spoil after few months? so i can avoid buying the same :P thanks!

Can try i-lite at Jalan Besar. We bought all our lightings there. Sales person is helpful. They even offered to spray paint some of the lights that come in colors we don't like. :D

Lightings.com on Jalan Besar is really cheap. Got money back guarantee (what you paid + 10%) if you can find another place that sells the same model cheaper.