Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ngan

Make Over For A 3 Room Flat @ Amk

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome Ngan. Don't be disheartened. You will pull through, the same way I am pulling through now. ID can also be a pain, believe me. Mine can forget measurements, etc. Tell him 5 inches, he will tell carpenter 6 inches. Passed him lockset and padlock a month ago, and a few days ago, he can ask me to pass him sample so he can show to the door maker. U say can faint or not? Gave him a copy of invoice after I arranged delivery date, just in case he needs to change date, he come and ask me for invoice number when he wanted to call the supplier. :curse:

Press on... you have a whole bunch of RT pals here offering moral support, and ideas. Looking forward to the end product.. and more interestingly ... the WIP photos also.

Edited by ejszaka

You guys are hilarious & awesome!

@Terence: Yup, storage and movers are paid separately. Will call the same mover to arrange for a return trip and I'm charged on a per trip basis. Basically movers are charging at very competitive rates now hence I'm judging by the service and quality of work/\.

@lobo: I'm not gonna have a round coffee table between the TV and sofa. Existingly, I do not have one either and I agree with you that it's definitely a space hogger. :)

@muska: I've pm-ed you.

@hafiizh & ejszaka: Thanks for the encouragement. I'm kinda seeing light even before the end of the tunnel. Contractor has been pretty pro-actively in the past few days and I'm really happy he's putting in effort. You'll be surprised to know that he has already arranged for the new air con truckings and took the initiative to box up the ugly glass panel above the room doors. Most importantly, all the trunkings are brand new and nicely done. :dribble:

Cheers!

Hello all again! :D

Here to provide some pictures on the hacking.

a0d7d179.jpg

Hacking of floor tiles (in living room & kitchen) and partial wall tiles went on quite smoothly from 20 - 22 Sept. By 22 Sept, the house is mostly cleared of all debris and no longer looking like a tsumani zone :P

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

Contractor suggested I do plastering overlay on the kitchen wall tiles in order to help me save $$. Hence only partial wall tiles are hacked. I will be doing floor laminates in bedrooms too, so the rooms are saved from the hacking.

This is how my original floor look like:

IMG_3131.jpg

I simply love the raw look of the barren house :sport-smiley-018:

Also, I see that they have created the opening for my storeroom...

IMG_3246.jpg

You may not be able to see clearly, but the air con trunkings are up and looking quite 'white'.

IMG_3243.jpg

Here's my truckload of debris

IMG_3241.jpg

That's all for today... will try to rush down after work and snap some shots again (for my records) and see if anything 'new' has been added for today.

Cheers all!!!

Itching to post more ;p

Shortlisted tiles!

Living & dining room floor tile

LivingnDiningFloortilescloseup.jpg

Kitchen tile - can't see clearly but it's definitely not a smooth surface. Oh and it's of a slightly darker tone from the living room tile

Kitchenfloortiles.jpg

Common toilet wall & floor tiles

05a1ec42.jpg

Master toilet wall and floor tiles

6c7ad7ee.jpg

Edited by Ngan

This was the initial wall and floor tiles for the bathroom, but on 2nd thoughts on maintainence... we decided to forgo the design for a more practical one.

5ddee08b.jpg

I was deciding between this 2 stones for my feature wall...

cd6d78e9.jpg

In the end, I chose a 3rd one because it appeals more to me with its beautiful mixture of natural colours and a crystaline look

f160b920.jpg

This will be the floor laminate in my bedrooms and storeroom

Mumnmybedroomfloorlaminate.jpg

And one last picture.

A 3D of my master bathroom

mikeaugusttoiletsize1200a.jpg

This will be the floor laminate in my bedrooms and storeroom

Mumnmybedroomfloorlaminate.jpg

And one last picture.

We are using the same colour laminates for floor. :sport-smiley-018:

Manage to reach my plc before sundown but wasn't able to open the lock with the key. Told my contractor and he'll change to a number lock tomorrow. (he's been saying that since first day of Reno though)

Anyways, noticed that my new air con condenser unit is up!

8004eb5e.jpg

Then again, looks like nothing else is being done today...

My bags of sand/ cement and tiles have arrived though

f91e00e1.jpg

f6192474.jpg

Nice bathroom. Reckoned tt ur basin will be outside the toilet? Do take note tt the 3D omitted out the existing pipes, which will hv impact on the actual look on a realistic side.