Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

See so many replies make my hands itchy again. I don't mind to be a KPO and a "bad guy" here. Let's look at some details.

1. nat0206, I supposed u're a singaporean and married. Assuming this is yr 1st loan, so u are allowed to take up 70% mortgage loan. Out of the first 30%, 5% has to be cash and stamp duty of (3%-5,400) has to be cash(can reimburse back later by cpf), the rest can be of cpf.

2. 1,700 sqf=158sqm, let say the unit is very "run down", I expect it would cost at least 900k.

3. 900k x 30% = 270k, 3%-5,400 of 900k = 21.6K, reno = 56K. Total = 347.6k. Well, considered super rich at age of 27, assuming no parental financial support.

4. Free tiolet bowl(nothing), free 36"TV(something), free downlight(presume u've worked out number of pts), are u a young working professional? Do u konw the cost of these???

5. No breakdown of items and respective items cost? No payment terms being discussed b4 hand? Then what "contract" u have signed with him?.

Would you mind "help" to clear the doubts?

Friend, my hand also itchy. Your calculation and know how of the market is out.

HDB loan can be up to 80%. 5% cash and the remainder can be paid by CPF. So logically speaking, the cash conponment is only 5% and whatever COV.

Stamp duty for HDB is directly from CPF. You don't need to pay by cash and then be reimburse unlikely private properties. And, stamp duty is not straight 3%...

For every $100 of 1st 180K of purchase price, $1... The next 180K, every $100 is $2... The remainder, every $100 is $3... So, the stamp duty is $10,800 for a 900K property. Btw, 3% of 900K is 27K and not 5.4K.

So in summary, cash is 45K + whatever COV + whatever CPF shortfall (if any) - HDB first timer grant (if any)...

Actually, 36" TV is not expensive... If it is an outdated model... Less than 1K.

I am sorry to say... Maybe I am naive as well... There is no breakdown for my current ID as well. But this is the second time that I am engaging them.

If you read carefully enough, Nat did mention that there is payment terms just that the ID demanded money beside those agreed upon.

Sorry to say... I think you "shoot" too fast... Do your zeroing before shooting, else you will hit the civilians. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi bepgof,

you've done us all a great favour in re-examining the victim's complaints about her ID. Your comments had a retrospective impact on me when you had been less than merciful in your "cross-examination" of the series of unfortunate events with the problematic ID.

I personally feel that the ID has to be identified for the benefit of all renotalk forum users & for substantiating one's claims on such misfortune instead of plucking out a story from the air without being able to identify who this treacherous ID firm was.

Of course, the choice lies with renotalk member, nat0206 who is the victim in this uneventful episode.

I'm sorry if I came across as being blunt & not as sympathetic as what's expected by many readers but if the ID had indeed conned his client, he ought not to be getting away scot-free & unscathed for cheating.

At least, the victim should be sharing his company's identity on renotalk, otherwise, more & more clients would be walking into his trap. And that is indeed sinful when other potential victims could have been warned before committing their monies into this deceitful ID's hands.

Afterall, if he dares try anything funny such as harassing his victim & his family becox she has published this on any forums, then by all means, report him to the police & tell the police that this ID is the prime suspect becox you guys have never ever been on the wrong side with others.

Although the police might require more evidence but this would have placed this ID in a bad light & law would catch up on him one of these days for threatening & bringing harm to his victims.

Edited by edenstrauss

He didn't come yesterday. At first say 7pm. Then I called at 715pm, he told me he can only come at 8/830pm. Waited til 9pm. Called him. He said he is in a meeting with all the sub cons to discuss the price and timings they can come to do our house. Excuses, then he say can we meet on Sunday at 3pm. I just called him. He off his phone. I already scold him so bad already. Use all the bad words, then he say cannot scold him like that. He cannot work if we continue to scold him.

i think you are not listening, i'll end my advise from here 8|

Friend, my hand also itchy. Your calculation and know how of the market is out.

HDB loan can be up to 80%. 5% cash and the remainder can be paid by CPF. So logically speaking, the cash conponment is only 5% and whatever COV.

Stamp duty for HDB is directly from CPF. You don't need to pay by cash and then be reimburse unlikely private properties. And, stamp duty is not straight 3%...

For every $100 of 1st 180K of purchase price, $1... The next 180K, every $100 is $2... The remainder, every $100 is $3... So, the stamp duty is $10,800 for a 900K property. Btw, 3% of 900K is 27K and not 5.4K.

So in summary, cash is 45K + whatever COV + whatever CPF shortfall (if any) - HDB first timer grant (if any)...

Actually, 36" TV is not expensive... If it is an outdated model... Less than 1K.

I am sorry to say... Maybe I am naive as well... There is no breakdown for my current ID as well. But this is the second time that I am engaging them.

If you read carefully enough, Nat did mention that there is payment terms just that the ID demanded money beside those agreed upon.

Sorry to say... I think you "shoot" too fast... Do your zeroing before shooting, else you will hit the civilians. :P

I always shoot fast and shoot the correct targets. I always remind myself to do RIGHT things first and DO it RIGHT with all yr mind with all yr strength. Instead of doing the WRONG things in the beginning and do untill swee swee, and then.... :furious:

nat0206 mentioned 5k deposit to management by this guy, na0206 also mentoned "condo" but no "HDB".

Assuming nat0206 is a "she". She merely stating her THIRD LESSON learnt and suggesting readers to neg and follow payment terms, she even listed 1=10%,2=35%,3,4,5....but she "seem" not following, why???

1. First loan can take up to 80%

2. 900k only if it's in mei ling street or a penthouse/rare unit type, other places 800k+ can buy already

Uncle me old liao, always "get mixed up" with rule changes, need some brain deframentation liao.

Thank for highlighting, you could be correct abt the 1st LTV ratio.

It looks the unit has to be located in OCR. 900k/1700 = $529.4 psf already a very conservative estimation.

i think you are not listening, i'll end my advise from here 8|

its his/her money spent. heartpain or value-for-money not our problem. advices can only do that much.

Uncle me old liao, always "get mixed up" with rule changes, need some brain deframentation liao.

Thank for highlighting, you could be correct abt the 1st LTV ratio.

It looks the unit has to be located in OCR. 900k/1700 = $529.4 psf already a very conservative estimation.

Also , if nat is a she , then it is possible for a working professional to accumulate that kind of cash, be it singaporean or not as they don't serve NS.

It's equivalent to a professional male at age 30 or so.

Hrmmm... taking action against him? But he knows where you live!! He might come round and get people to do "disturb you" every now and then ,..if you know what I mean... I would think this would be sunk cost and terminate the contract le.

if she can afford a condo at such a relatively young age, then, it goes to show that she is financially well-off from the average singaporean's standard right?

Not necessarily, a 4 room resale hdb in prime areas like queenstown , redhill, tiong bahru costs about the same as the equivalent condo in the heartland.

nat, why did you cancel your original post? What's the true story? Pls don't post such things halfway, then happy happy, remove. It's not right.

So is the person in wrong actually you then? What do you expect us to do?

You will not be the first and the last of cases where clients complain against their ID's contractors...

Been advised by lawyers to remove the post. If I need to sue him, don need more evidence against me. Sorry, will tell u all more when everything is settled.

Since you have not identified yourself or your ID in any manner yet, you should still be in safe hands pending commencement of lawsuits.

Unless you have shown deliberate evidence in twisting facts & defaming your ID & his company as a result. Doing so could seriously lead you into big trouble & getting sued by the ID firm that's involved in your story.

Whatever the outcome, may god show you the right path to be taken in solving your current problems.

good luck!

Edited by edenstrauss