Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wu Jiahong Alvin Ng

Selling Current 4Rm Resale N Buy New Flats..

Hi.. i think of selling my current 4rm resale at bt batok n buying 5 rm new flats.. tats mean upgrading... let say im selling my 4rm at 400k n asking for 40k cov.. am i able to buy a 300k-350k 5rm at jr area whereas near my parents hse?? and a couple of mths my 5yrs occupational period is up.. and i got a chance to upgrade to 5rm new flats... any advises??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HDB requires you and spouse to place 10% downpayment around 4months after your application (before they start building your new flat). Do both of you have enough money in your CPF OA to foot this downpayment?

Only studio, 3room and 4room units are launched this year by HDB in Jurong so far. :P No 5 room unit.

BTO Launches:

http://www.hdb.gov.s...er?OpenDocument

infact my current 4 rm flats loan i already finished service liao.. no more outstanding loan.. however i still got a chance to buy NEW flat frm hdb... wish to upgrade n change of location...

There is a balance flat launching soon this month by HDB. The wait time is shorter or immediate occupancy than BTO(prices will be higher than original/first launch(25%) but lower than market price in the same area). However the response will be overwhelming. Luck is impt !

Since you have pay in full for your present flat, the CPF should be enough to cover your new HDB unit(480k from sales and OA). Moreover, you have enough to pay for the 10% without selling your present unit, that makes you all the more eligible.

My advise. If you can stay at your parents hse or rent (3-4mths)after selling & during renovation, you need not take up any loan frm HDB or bank (Dont waste your 2nd eligibility HDB LOAN- half of the cash proceeds have to go to your new hse if i am not wrong) Tho interest is low but not worth it as min loan frm bank is 100k.

Your timing must be good. HDB will advise you of the completion date (key collection) of your flat. So about 8 mths before, you should start selling (@4 mths for 1st and 2nd appt plus marketing of your present flat, 2-3mths for renovation, 1 mth for time-cushion and hiccups for all processes)

Hope this helps:))

There is a balance flat launching soon this month by HDB. The wait time is shorter or immediate occupancy than BTO(prices will be higher than original/first launch(25%) but lower than market price in the same area). However the response will be overwhelming. Luck is impt !

Since you have pay in full for your present flat, the CPF should be enough to cover your new HDB unit(480k from sales and OA). Moreover, you have enough to pay for the 10% without selling your present unit, that makes you all the more eligible.

My advise. If you can stay at your parents hse or rent (3-4mths)after selling & during renovation, you need not take up any loan frm HDB or bank (Dont waste your 2nd eligibility HDB LOAN- half of the cash proceeds have to go to your new hse if i am not wrong) Tho interest is low but not worth it as min loan frm bank is 100k.

Your timing must be good. HDB will advise you of the completion date (key collection) of your flat. So about 8 mths before, you should start selling (@4 mths for 1st and 2nd appt plus marketing of your present flat, 2-3mths for renovation, 1 mth for time-cushion and hiccups for all processes)

Hope this helps:))

The price of the new flat/old flat will be determine by HDB base on location,room size/flr and time frame for occupancy. I am afraid nobody will be able to answer now until the launch by HDB. Do visit the HDB website, you can gather a lot of info prior to your decision to buy a new flat