Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beezeebear

Velkommen Til 92 Sqm Huset Vårt!

Hi All!

Velkommen Til 92 Sqm Huset Vårt! ;)

I have been T-blog surfing for awhile on RT and I thought that it is about time to start my own T-blog so that I can record down my renovation process and progress.

As the topic title suggests (used google translator, I hope its correct!), we are going for the Scandinavian look (+ abit of cha-pa-lang style here and there)

Anyway, to start it off, here's our floor plan. Flat will only be ready in Q4 2011 or Q1 2012, but its never too early to start right?

img017low.jpg

Anyone has a good contractor who can do drawings to recommend? At this point of time, I am caught between going to a I.D (budget constraint) or a contractor. :huh:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi All,

Have you all seen any of these Deer Antlers in SG? I found a few online, but they don't ship to SG :(

It doesn't have to be real, I support PETA.

whiteDeerantelers.jpg

refdp_image_0.jpg

Let me know if you spot any. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi! I'm also new here. Your floor plan is exactly like my parents new place. maybe it's same project?

Hi Sunsetsky,

If your parents' new place is punggol breeze, then its the same :)

Hi beezeebear,

welcome to renotalk. For your question of using contractor or ID, i can only advise you that if you already have an idea in mind, space management done, furniture arrangements, color management and designs in mind for your whole house etc.., then go for contractor. Whereas if you are unsure, go for an ID.

Since, you want Scandinavian look, perhaps i would encourage you to go for an ID in order to achieve this Scandinavian look. If you go for contractor, what they can give you is the contemporary modern look at the most, unless you already have an design in mind and know what material to use for where and the small details. All these are more time consuming and planning. Of course, some contractors are able to hand sketch for you, but the sketches are done based on your requirement. If you would really hire a contractor most probably you need to do lots of homework. You may look through pictures and magazine and show the contractor what you want also, some will be able to do a sketch for you.

Perhaps, you would like to ask for quotation to decide, since budget comes into picture as well, but be prepared as some ID or contractors will want to know if you have collected your key first. If you had not collected your key, some may ask you when the date of key collection is nearer then approach them. :)

Hi All!

Velkommen Til 92 Sqm Huset Vårt! ;)

I have been T-blog surfing for awhile on RT and I thought that it is about time to start my own T-blog so that I can record down my renovation process and progress.

As the topic title suggests (used google translator, I hope its correct!), we are going for the Scandinavian look (+ abit of cha-pa-lang style here and there)

Anyway, to start it off, here's our floor plan. Flat will only be ready in Q4 2011 or Q1 2012, but its never too early to start right?

img017low.jpg

Anyone has a good contractor who can do drawings to recommend? At this point of time, I am caught between going to a I.D (budget constraint) or a contractor. :huh:

Hi 'beezeebear,

Welcome to Renotalk! Looking forward to your final product! Enjoy the process :)

Jumpstreet has a set of deer antlers in his house... You can check with him? Juz search for his t-blog. :)

Hi Striking! Hehee yes, I got greatly inspired by Jumpstreet and I have gotten some details from him. Unfortunately, he paid a high price for shipping too. So, I will look for some other alternatives if I can. I wonder if I should steal some branches and make a look alike? :D lol

Hi MingzhuAng! Thank you for your advise. You are right, since I do have some time to spare, I should go around getting more quotes for comparison. :good:

I have in mind what I want but I am just worried about conveying them to the contractor. I studied basic Interior design and would love to whip up a thing or 2 but most of it has been given back to my teacher. :P

Hi prody! Thank you for the warm welcome! Yay ~

Edited by beezeebear

My head is in a mess, but this is from my desk.

Creating the mood board and pasting possible furniture on it has been my weekly routine. :paint:

draft1.jpg

The poster idea near the main entrance was 'stolen' from Jumpstreet's T-blog. Credits to Jumpstreet.

I am going to use that idea, but illustrate my own poster and have it printed and framed.

Hi Striking! Hehee yes, I got greatly inspired by Jumpstreet and I have gotten some details from him. Unfortunately, he paid a high price for shipping too. So, I will look for some other alternatives if I can. I wonder if I should steal some branches and make a look alike? :D lol

Find an excuse to go traveling in Europe :)

My 2 cents in achieving 'the look' instantly is to have hardwood flooring, white walls and clean lines.

Well designed furniture and lightings to accent the whole place! Good luck! Will be checking in to see how your place transforms

My 2 cents in achieving 'the look' instantly is to have hardwood flooring, white walls and clean lines.

Well designed furniture and lightings to accent the whole place! Good luck! Will be checking in to see how your place transforms

Good Morning sfk7~

Yes, I believe so too. I don't think I will/can change the flooring as my flat will come with default ones. But I will definitely put in a white brick wall to give it that look. Hopefully everything will go according as planned.

Thanks for dropping by! :)