Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beezeebear

Velkommen Til 92 Sqm Huset Vårt!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guys & Girls

Does this quotation seem reasonable to you? Its our first time doing renovation so this is like french to me. Je ne comprends pas!

What are the other "hidden cost" that they did not include?

01. Space Planning & Furniture Layout FOC

02. Design Consultation FOC

03. Furnishings Consultation FOC

04. Perspective Drawings FOC

05. Materials & Colour Selection Proposal FOC

06. Project Management & Site Supervision FOC

07. 12 Months Warranty With Guaranteed After Sales Service FOC

Masonry Works

08. Supply & construct 50mm cabinet base $ 280.00

09. Supply materials & construct full height, designers' bricks feature wall **** area $ 1,800.00

Plumbing Works

10. Extension of stainless steel piping for new kitchen sink $ 80.00

11. Extension of stainless steel piping for new washing machine $ 80.00

12. Labour to install Kitchen sink & tap after carpentry work. $ 100.00

13. Labour to install Bathrooms' accessories. $ 50.00

QUOTATION FOR THE INTERIOR DESIGN WORKS

Aluminium / Wrought Iron / Glass Works

14 Supply materials & labour to install aluminium sliding grills at service yard $ 500.00

15. Supply & install 10mm tempered frameless swing clear glass shower screen $ 480.00

at Master Bathroom.

16. Supply & install 10mm tempered frameless swing clear glass door at Kitchen $ 580.00

Miscellaneous

17. Supply materials & labour to paint whole house ceiling & wall using ICI emulsion paint. $ 1,300.00

18. Supply materials & labour to paint whole house gate, door, door frame, pipe FOC

using ICI gloss paint.

19. Supply materials & labour to lay cardboard protection at affected area. $ 250.00

20. Acid washing for whole house to remove stains. $ 280.00

21. General Cleaning for whole house upon completion. $ 120.00

22. Disposal of renovation debris. $ 150.00

External : Laminate finish

Internal : White PVC carcass

Living/ Dining/ Store

23. Design, fabricate & install TV console in laminate/ mirrors/ glass finish **** Area. $ 840.00

Size: L 1800mm

Kitchen

24. Design, fabricate & install top & bottom kitchen cabinet with laminate & white PVC carcass $ 2,400.00

finish c/w ABS trimmings, designer handles & cutlery tray.

Size: Top L 10ft ; Bottom L 10ft

25. Supply & install 1 set of 2 ties stainless steel dish rack FOC

26. Design, fabricate & install top storage cabinet at service yard $ 480.00

Master Bedroom

27. Design, fabricate & install full height sliding wardrobe in laminate/ glass finish $ 2,080.00

Size: L 2400mm

28. Design, fabricate & install TV feature wall in laminate finish, c/w shelvings. $ 480.00

Size: L 1200mm

29. Design, fabricate & install suspended dressing table $ 300.00

30. Design, fabricate & construct bay window settee c/w storage in laminate/ glass finish $ 1,500.00

Size: L 3000mm

Bedroom 2

31. Design, fabricate & install suspended work desk c/w drawers in laminate finish $ 1,200.00

Size: L3000mm

32. Design, fabricate & install top-hung cabinets in laminate finish $ 1,200.00

Size: L3000mm

Bedroom 3

33. Design, fabricate & install full height sliding wardrobe in laminate finish $ 1,300.00

Size: L 1500mm

Total Amount Quote : $ 17,830.00

Other then cabinet base, any intention to do fridge and washer base. Also, if you have intention to change wc and basin, installation fee is not included.

For kitchen carpentry, if they include soft closing hinges, is there abs trimmings. If you do not mind the color of the interior of cupboards, then it will be white pvc, else you may ask what is the additional pricing if you would like to change it to another color or material. Electrician wiring and lights installtion of the whole house is missing too. Also, ask about HDB permit, they should apply for you FOC, but not stated.

Do you need false ceiling or L box too? If you need, ask them to quote for you also. And any tiling needed for your house or laminated flooring etc. Type of paint used if using other paint other then emulsion paint. Emulsion paint are just basic paint.

And also, is there any solid top surface for your kitchen worktop?

I think that's all i can think of.

Edited by MingzhuAng

Other then cabinet base, any intention to do fridge and washer base. Also, if you have intention to change wc and basin, installation fee is not included.

For kitchen carpentry, if they include soft closing hinges, is there abs trimmings. If you do not mind the color of the interior of cupboards, then it will be white pvc, else you may ask what is the additional pricing if you would like to change it to another color or material. Electrician wiring and lights installtion of the whole house is missing too. Also, ask about HDB permit, they should apply for you FOC, but not stated.

Do you need false ceiling or L box too? If you need, ask them to quote for you also. And any tiling needed for your house or laminated flooring etc. Type of paint used if using other paint other then emulsion paint. Emulsion paint are just basic paint.

And also, is there any solid top surface for your kitchen worktop?

I think that's all i can think of.

Ahhhh!! I knew some stuff were missing. Thanks so much for reminding me MingZhuAng! I don't know why they can't be truthful and not hide costs from us. I guess that's a gimmick to let us first timers sign up with them.

:(

Ahhhh!! I knew some stuff were missing. Thanks so much for reminding me MingZhuAng! I don't know why they can't be truthful and not hide costs from us. I guess that's a gimmick to let us first timers sign up with them.

:(

Yup, that's the problem of most ID, either they are forgetful or they did it on purpose. Once, you're experienced you will identify them in a glance.

Oh, and i found another, vanity cabinet in the wash rooms. For me, i didn't do them, if you have intention for them ask the ID to quote for you. Also, if you would want a customized mirror cabinet with lighting, let them know as well. :)

Hi Hi!

Welcome to Renotalk :)

I think Electrical is missing from yr quote.. will be looking forward to more scandi. inspired mood boards!!!! I luv the scandi. style tOO!

Hi Frigginfushia! Thank you for your warm welcome. :) Glad we like the same style! :D

I wonder how much electrical will cost. I should email them and ask *sigh*

Yup, that's the problem of most ID, either they are forgetful or they did it on purpose. Once, you're experienced you will identify them in a glance.

Oh, and i found another, vanity cabinet in the wash rooms. For me, i didn't do them, if you have intention for them ask the ID to quote for you. Also, if you would want a customized mirror cabinet with lighting, let them know as well. :)

Oh, the washroom.. Our MBR will come with a vanity top, which the ID claims it will be ugly, so we have decided to leave that alone till we get the keys and view the place. But still I should also ask him to include that in so I can have an rough idea of the pricing.

Thanks so much!

Your quote for carpentry looks high to me.

My wardrobe is S$270 per feet run but the height of my wardrobe is 9.5ft (2nd level condo), think HDB is about standard 8ft and mine also come with internal coloured polygon. The kitchen is also same as my quote but again mine carpentry comes with internal colour.

Should source for more quotes.

More importantly, do you have chemistry with the ID? Are the ideas proposed by the ID interesting and can be accepted by you. If you already have your own ideas, better get a contractor.

We went with a ID in the end because contractor is not much cheaper. some more no 3D drawings which we thought is necessary to prevent future dispute. My ID is also not really a ID because he started of as a worker from the bottom but he is quite easy going. He is also not the cheapest in terms of price but we think he is very sincere and earnest (at least at this moment). Actually work will start on Monday. :yamseng:

Your quote for carpentry looks high to me.

My wardrobe is S$270 per feet run but the height of my wardrobe is 9.5ft (2nd level condo), think HDB is about standard 8ft and mine also come with internal coloured polygon. The kitchen is also same as my quote but again mine carpentry comes with internal colour.

Should source for more quotes.

More importantly, do you have chemistry with the ID? Are the ideas proposed by the ID interesting and can be accepted by you. If you already have your own ideas, better get a contractor.

We went with a ID in the end because contractor is not much cheaper. some more no 3D drawings which we thought is necessary to prevent future dispute. My ID is also not really a ID because he started of as a worker from the bottom but he is quite easy going. He is also not the cheapest in terms of price but we think he is very sincere and earnest (at least at this moment). Actually work will start on Monday. :yamseng:

Hi Snake!

PM-ed you. I got this quote before I decided on this style, so the I.D didn't have much chance to input any idea. I find his quote pricey too, esp when I am on a tight budget. I also think that 3D drawings are necessary as I also do not want any dispute and re work. Hope to see pics of your reno soon! :)

Thank u!

Edited by beezeebear

Hi All,

Is the false ceiling really necessary? I was told by my I.D. that if we don't use a false ceiling we won't have enough light source in the living area as we wouldn't be able to use down lights.

Is there another alternative to light up the place without ugly wires showing up? I think that money used for the false ceiling can be better spent else where.

6441471785_a015ba373e_z_d.jpg

6441472183_1217b8b248_d.jpg

6441472577_73f4c92ccd_d.jpg

6441472935_0464cb694d_d.jpg

Notice the lighting system in these photos.

I am thinking of doing the same thing here - without false ceiling.

And gotta make use of floor lamp as well, in case it's not bright enough..

If you worry abt the look on top, notice the Swedish apartment.

They have minimal lights on the ceiling n use floor lamp - function n decoration in one.

Or, they hide t5/t8 on top of a tall n long cabinet or bookshelf or feature wall, sth like cove light..

Btw, me breezer too.

U should be from the first batch to collect key right?

Hi All,

Is the false ceiling really necessary? I was told by my I.D. that if we don't use a false ceiling we won't have enough light source in the living area as we wouldn't be able to use down lights.

Is there another alternative to light up the place without ugly wires showing up? I think that money used for the false ceiling can be better spent else where.

Ur ID should b providing u the flooring protection FOC. haulage or removal of debris would b done by Mr Lim who is the appointed contractor by HDB to remove all the reno debris. Unless ID is paying on ur behalf. So u must check with him. Anyway, u can do track lights if u dun want down lights, but the effect might vary. If I'm not wrong, nowadays the HDB flat comes in concealed wiring - Tats y I realize from my BTO flat..

:)

Notice the lighting system in these photos.

I am thinking of doing the same thing here - without false ceiling.

And gotta make use of floor lamp as well, in case it's not bright enough..

If you worry abt the look on top, notice the Swedish apartment.

They have minimal lights on the ceiling n use floor lamp - function n decoration in one.

Or, they hide t5/t8 on top of a tall n long cabinet or bookshelf or feature wall, sth like cove light..

Btw, me breezer too.

U should be from the first batch to collect key right?

Hi Piknik!! Hi Fellow Breezer!

Hahah I thought my T-blog was 'dead' and i suddenly saw life. Thank you for the amazing ideas! I will most probably do away with the false ceiling and use pendant lamps like the ones in your pictures (I loveeeeee swedish apartments!). I will need to talk to a electrician about how I can do it the right way. Are you using a I.D?

I will be collecting my keys on the 13th. Which block are u from? :)

Ur ID should b providing u the flooring protection FOC. haulage or removal of debris would b done by Mr Lim who is the appointed contractor by HDB to remove all the reno debris. Unless ID is paying on ur behalf. So u must check with him. Anyway, u can do track lights if u dun want down lights, but the effect might vary. If I'm not wrong, nowadays the HDB flat comes in concealed wiring - Tats y I realize from my BTO flat..

:)

Hi Farizar!

Are u from breeze too? hahaha. Thank you for your advise! wow, BTOs come with concealed wiring? My mom's old flat has wires all over the ceiling and it tracks around the whole house which is super ugly. hahaha if there is concealed wiring then I won't have the false ceiling anymore.

I don't think I will use an I.D. I will go straight to a contractor to cut costs. :)