Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ihuazai

Double Glaze Windows

Did you manage to get quotes for your windows? Do you mind sharing them?

Thanks!

Griffindor, are u looking to install or have already installed those windows? I started this thread, but procrastinated. Now looking anew at installing those windows. Pls share ur experience as well. I'm getting quotes from quite a few sites i found thru google. Hope they come back with prices that are reasonable. Pls add on if u have other contacts :)

http://www.ny-tc.com/Noise_Control_Soundproofing_Soundproofing_Windows_nytc.html

http://www.window-grille-door.com/contact-us/

http://noiseblocksystems.com/

http://www.anv-aluminium.com/aluminium/aluminium-soundproof-windows/

http://www.grillesnglass.com/glass-windows/soundproof-windows/

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

finally gotten my double glazed window.

well, at first wasn't quite sure about the effectiveness of the window, but im glad i still go ahead with it.

the traffic sound really startled me during the wee nights and making me unable to sleep well. used to put on cotton buds but thats more irritating feeling to my ears.

after talking and research on the companies, finally decide to work with louis, a more sincere n honest approach. i have met some are really pushy and slashing price like we are in the market. not sure whether the after products will be compromise or not. so better not take the risk.

we can really feel the effect of the soundproofing after we close the window. and i should say it minimize at least about 50% of the sound, which i can happily throw away the cotton bud. and i notice another good thing about it. it actually can reduce heat as well. compared to the normal window we used to have.

hope my experience is helpful enough.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

found on RT...

khim

Bronze Member

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

holidays, on 24 Feb 2014 - 2:40 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi,

care to share the contacts? thks.

Hi guys,

here is the contact... 96720326

www.windowgrillessg.com

Hi Twinklecloud, my cousin place also have a double glazed window. but i think its another set of double glazed winodw.

and the effect is quite impressive. can really feel the diff when open and close window. hope this helps.

Hi Twinklecloud, my cousin place also have a double glazed window. but i think its another set of double glazed winodw.

and the effect is quite impressive. can really feel the diff when open and close window. hope this helps.

can you recommend your cousin's window contractor contact no? I need to get a quote for the double glazed window.

Don't waste your time, look for NoiseBlock link attached:
http://www.noisestopsystems.sg/soundproofing_windows_singapore.php

I moved back to sg this year and was shock how noisy my condo was. So like anyone i search the www found a very nice looking website had the 'acoustic consultant' come over give me a quote and it was a bit pricey but i signed up anyhow.
After install the result was only a little better, the company did some report or whatever and said that it was soundproof and try to brush me off, i'm no engineer so no idea what this report was saying just that it was pass.
I was very unhappy with the results and did not pay the balance payment and left it as that.

Then after a few months I couldn't take it any longer so I asked some friends and other coworkers any ideas, my boss recommend me to call NYTC noise stop system and look for nelson.
I phoned up spoke to some reception girl who  pass me a number and ask me to call. (NELSON)  
I phoned a few times left number and did not get through. I felt at the time the service sucked and was going to give up and try another company.

Eventually Nelson called me back, after speaking to nelson you don't need to speak to anyone else, no joke. You may need to sms or wait for him to call you back which i admit is lacking on customer service, but the guy is a walking encyclopedia for a-z of soundproof. I went over to his office at kaki bukit and he explained to me in detail everything to do with windows.
I have had such a bad experience and reading all this I hope to save others time and money, I also feel that I owe it to nelson to spread the word.

Double glazing is nothing to do with soundproofing its to do with thermal, 2 pcs of glass one outside, one inside to buffer the hot and cold air.
Next the glass must be sound rated glass, not lami, not low e or any other glass, so even you got a window with 2 layer, 3 layer if the glass is wrong no result.
Inside the frame not like normal window, got lots of funny things going on, difficult to explain, there was a lot of different materials inside.
Nelson told me that their company give a guarantee of performance, which no one else could give.

Anyway after installing the windows and door, the noise was not just cut a little bit, it was totally cut. and I mean NO Noise!
So don't do what I did: think before you buy, flashy website, salesmen with honey talking only want to tell you what you want to hear then you buy and regret. 
Now I know why its hard to get hold of Nelson, but for me I am glad that I did.

Hope my story is helpful, sorry for the information overload too much coffee LOL

Edited by Lizawong
forgot something

sorry to hijack this thread, but i had two double-glazed window questions.

one. has anyone else experienced a "gap" between the window pane and the window frame, like in the picture below? when i close the window (must pull very hard to get it to seal), there is an obvious gap where light is "leaking" through. this didn't happen with the single pane windows - only the double-glazed.

is this normal?

double_glazed_gap.jpg

Andy (Home Aluminium Metal Works) quoted me $3.9K couple of months ago for installing double-glazed windows for my 3 bedrooms. I'm not sure if this quote was above market rate but the craftsmanship and the deliverables looked ok to me. However, recently he quoted me $950 to install double-glazed windows for my master bathroom. Should I proceed with this quote to install double-glazed windows for my master bathroom? What do you all think?

Have some ID friends that told me that double glazed window is NOT only about the two piece of glasses. Some companies out there are just selling double glass window with normal sliding aluminum frame that is identical to any new BTO windows and they charged steep for it.

Hence i think I will see the frame to differentiate the good ones and the bad ones. I done some research and uPVC window frame seems to be the hot stuff now, inside the frame, there are small small chambers. I am thinking the noise will get reduce greatly by then. Laminated glass is the preferred glass type for soundproofing.

As of now, I am thinking about cheaper means, like having carpets or thicker double layered curtains to reduce the noise from the MRT.

Do PM me if anyone has any good double glazed contractor contacts.