Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SophiaCheng

Home @yck

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Almost had a heart attack yesterday. The carpenter used the wrong basin for the dry kitchen. Luckily I went over to have a look and alerted him. The actual basin is too small for the hole that he had cut. Carpenter says it can be rectified with more strips of wood to 'patch up'. I dun know........ Somemore the basin is going to be undermount below the granite top. Will it affect?

Almost had a heart attack yesterday. The carpenter used the wrong basin for the dry kitchen. Luckily I went over to have a look and alerted him. The actual basin is too small for the hole that he had cut. Carpenter says it can be rectified with more strips of wood to 'patch up'. I dun know........ Somemore the basin is going to be undermount below the granite top. Will it affect?

If they are going to use wood strips to do patch up, and your sink is going to be under mount, ask them to use good silicone to seal the gap between the granite and your basin. I only know 1 good brand is 770, which my hb mother's gave us a couple of tubes for our contractor to use for our house, since they are in hardware line they know which brand is better.

Thanks for the tip MingzhuAng.

Hubbi went over yesterday to have a look. Seems ok liao.

DSCN1737.jpg

Cant even see the gaps since the actual sink is smaller. Heng ah.

DSCN1735.jpg

DSCN1734.jpg

Wall tiles for wet kitchen almost complete.

hopefully the wet works can complete by next week since my carpenter is coming in with the rest of the cabinets for the rooms as well. Cross my fingers that I can move my items from the warehouse by early October.

Thanks for the tip MingzhuAng.

np, anyway use good silicone can last longer too. And prevent water leakage. I like your wood look alike floor tile, its nice. Wanted to do it initially, but it will burst our budget. So, i'll just live with it. Btw, nice and fast progress of your reno! :)