Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shawncck

Any Curtain And Wallpaper Recommendation?

If you can provide your own curtains or material. You can just engage a handyman to fix for you. The price range can be easy from $120 onward depend how many window. If you are think of just one window I think it better to DIY

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone, just want to share because I am very happy with my wallpaper. I got mine from www.theupperroom.sg Mine is Korean wallpaper the 16 sth sqm one. They r selling about 180/roll only if u buy more than 1 roll got discount. I engaged the installer that they recommend only 80/roll so for my living, dining and 3 bedrooms i only spend 1500 inclusive installation :) teehee

14242666342_65374a1fef.jpg

14265012853_614b9f7453.jpg

14043969768_71cc24561d.jpg

You can check out my renoblog for more pics :)

I hear Singapore hot and humid weather is not suitable for wallpaper as they become moldy after a few years..is it true?

Hi cugu,

Well usually they will put sealen or sth like that so that it will make the wallpaper more lasting. Though they say cannot put in moist place I have been spraying my plant which always splash my wallpaper. But so far no problem has been detected like bubbles or color run or tearing apart. Must get the material made of vinyl I think... And your installer must be able to paste well I guess...

Can try Spencer (+6583222868) from Jia Partners. Will bring down catalogs for you to choose and very professional.. workmanship is also good!

I also bought my blinds and vinyl flooring from them. The brands they carry are reputable and price is competitive.. so it's convenient!

http://www.jiapartners.com

I've got my keys last two months, so i did my research and found a few trustworthy contractors, although there is some hiccups but nonetheless they deliver the products to what we wanted and good services. For curtains i engaged CK from meridian curtains to did our curtains and blinds. the quality is ok and he is very friendly that will walk you through the whole process. His contact number is 83635326.

Can try Aaron Lee 84250703 from Alto Fabric Pte Ltd

Services is very good and i did the Venetian blinds for group buy pricing at only $6.99psf,(market i found the cheapest at $7.50psf)  im quite happy with the quality and services

They also doing curtain but i dont know about the pricing, please check with him directly

On 5/5/2013 at 2:41 PM, Craig said:

2. RH2S Deco Curtain -- price seems impossibly low and they provide pretty low-end accessories. The person who came to measure was very not attentive (i.e. don't listen at all). Gave me no confidence in his ability.

My experience with RH2S Deco -

1) when they came to do measurement/quotation, the price quoted was almost double that of what they quoted over whatsapp. Yes we know whatsapp quote is an estimate, but double the price?? We went on to seek quotes from other vendors for comparison, and their prices were nowhere near RH2S Deco 

2) we really liked their design, so requested that they came to measure and quote again. A different person came to measure this time, and to our surprise, the new quote was drastically reduced from the first quote, and more in line with what other vendors were quoting. My gut feeling was to drop them after the inconsistency in price quotation by different people, but at that point we really liked the design of their (so-called) timber blinds. 

3) However we later found out that they tried to pass off PVC blinds as real timber. Showed me some Vietcis blinds which we liked, told us it was timber. In the end I was very lucky - while apologizing to another vendor that I will not be engaging her afterall, I shared a picture of the RH2S Vietcis blinds and she immediately told me that Vietcis blinds were actually PVC!!

Not sure if RH2S sales people genuinely didn't know how to differentiate PVC (also known as fauxwood) from real timber, or if they were trying to scam me. Either way, buyer beware if you are dealing with them.

I have visited 4 curtains & blinds sellers in Singapore and have NOT use any of their services yet.

Here is my conclusion in order of pricing:

1. SINGAPORE BLINDS - Price is the cheapest. No showroom to view products. Mobile sales unit. Products quality and range are just average and common.

2. HUGO Curtains & Furnishing - Price is reasonable but not the cheapest which many thinks. Small and cluttered showroom is at Queensway Shopping Centre. Products quality and range are just average and common.

3. WALLUX (dpatterns) - Price is a bit on the higher side and they have a wide range of materials choices. Products quality and range are above average. They have a cool and nice showroom at TradeHub 21. Service is the best out of the 4.

4. THE CURTAIN BOUTIQUE - Definitely the most expensive out of the 4 retailers. Products quality and range are above average and they have imported quality products that others don't carry. Well equipped showroom is at Ubi. Service is minimal and lack explanation of products to new customer.

Measure your windows before going down to their showrooms so that they can give a clearer quotation.

I have send my inquiry before to this curtain company, as my friend introduces me to.I think they are from JB but they do HDB and BTO houses as well. 
https://www.facebook.com/Sunshine-Curtain-Design-Decoration-日光室內窗帘设计与裝-飾-170066809719516/
Probably will be cheaper i guess , as i am still considering them and the others like the curtain boutique
Pictures are some of it that they sent to me

13178803_1087784887947699_459061605739430321_n.jpg

13418499_1111181445608043_6497990760885828277_o.jpg

13442609_1111181382274716_2678316001654318769_o.jpg

U gate did my windows. **** poor job.
Firstly delayed installation, after installation obviously not done well, windows make such a loud rattling noise when got wind, wtf first time encounter. Now won't even come to rectify their problem untill i make final 10,% payment. Already paid 90%. Really **** standard man

Didn't even install the rubber stoppers.