Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chelsea128

Advice Needed For A 3Rm Flat .

Hi everyone,

Need some advice from all experts over here :)

i just sold my existing flat and purchase a 3room need Hougang area.

A few question i wanna ask and do hope that some kind souls can help mi out.

i have around 20k-25k budget to do up my flat and is it possible?

1) Hall and my 2 bed rooms will be overlay with laminate

2) L box or cove lightings for my hall

3) simple L box in MBR and kid's room

4) full revamp of the 2 toilets

5) Kitchen full tiles and cabinet

6) a sliding glass door within the kitchen entrance

7) a tv console at the living hall (if too ex, i will have to buy from ikea and maybe put a wall paper behind it :)

8) 1 window grill to be change to the same as the rest of the rooms

9) my kid's room window panel change to 1 piece panel instead of the exisitng flip flap type

10) a wardrobe in MBR

11) Main door frame and gate to be change as well (the rest of the room will be re-vanish as still looks new)

12)plastering of the ceilings of the whole house as too many lumps and bumps (wall are ok)

i was thinking of not changing the kitchen floor tiles as the owner seldom cook and its well maintained.

but spoke to a few ids one of them told me that if to hack the existing kitchen cabinet and installing the glass door might hurt some of the existing tiles

so far for the pass few days i spoke to a few Ids from Designer Guy, D trendzo, Arc Space and also walk pass and pop in to this Home Interior at HDB hub.. yet to get any quotes from them and most likely by this week.

I understand all the above does not include Electric works, lightings etc...

can anyone hlep me on this ?

thanks so much in advance!!

Chelsea

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi

I around 20k-25k budget to do up my flat and is it possible?

:- SHOULD BE ARD THIS PRICING BASED ON WAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED COZ MY FRIEND RECENTLY JUST ENGAGED A GUY TO RENOVATE THEIR 3 ROOM FLAT TOO .

:- IF I DID NOT REMEMBER WRONGLY THEY ARE SPENDING ARD $ 23000 or $ 24000 OR LESSER .

:- HEARD THAT THIS GUY IS VERY EXPERIENCE & FAST IN EVERYTHING from DETAIL PAPERWORK TO EXECUTION OF WORK . NO HARM CHECK OUT THIS GUY .

i was thinking of not changing the kitchen floor tiles as the owner seldom cook and its well maintained.

but spoke to a few ids one of them told me that if to hack the existing kitchen cabinet and installing the glass door might hurt some of the existing tiles

:- MIGHT BE .

can anyone hlep me on this ?

:- I TRY CHECK OUT HIS NAME & CONTACT NO FOR YOU .

1) Hall and my 2 bed rooms will be overlay with laminate-V sht?-$3000, wood?-$6000

2) L box or cove lightings for my hall -$400

3) simple L box in MBR and kid's room - $250

4) full revamp of the 2 toilets - depend on tile, $2/psf?, ~$3000, accessories?

5) Kitchen full tiles and cabinet - $2K+$4K

6) a sliding glass door within the kitchen entrance-$500

7) a tv console at the living hall (if too ex, i will have to buy from ikea and maybe put a wall paper behind it :)-$1k

8) 1 window grill to be change to the same as the rest of the rooms - $2K

9) my kid's room window panel change to 1 piece panel instead of the exisitng flip flap type- $500

10) a wardrobe in MBR - $800-1K

11) Main door frame and gate to be change as well (the rest of the room will be re-vanish as still looks new)-$1.2K+$300

12)plastering of the ceilings of the whole house as too many lumps and bumps (wall are ok)

- Lighting - $1.2-2K

- rewiring, incl RCB - ~$3K

If money not enough, do those "heavy" reno first - flooring, tiolet, kitchen, window...

Edited by bepgof

hi hi ,

thanks everyone for the advice! :)

i gotten a few qutoes and found this is the lowest among the rest , is this reasonable??

1 To supply materials, equipment & labour to hack & demolish wall tiles only for kitchen $480.00

2 To supply materials, equipment & labour to dismantle existing kitchen cabinet $200.00

3 To supply materials, equipment & labour to dismantle existing cement firdge, washing machine & cabinet base $150.00

4 To supply materials, equipment & labour to dismantle existing water piping for kitchen -

5 To supply & construct cement base for kitchen cabinet $180.00

6 To supply & construct cement base with tiles for fridge $150.00

7 To supply & lay wall tiles for kitchen (Tiles price below $2.80 psf) $2,300.00

8 To fabricate & install 33ft kitchen cabinet in solid plywood laminated finishing with ABS trimming $3,300.00

9 To fabricate & install wooden cabinet to box-up sewerage pipe $200.00

10 To supply & install soft-closing hinges for kitchen cabinet $100.00

11 To fabricate & install 18ft solid surface kitchen table top $1,350.00

12 To supply & install 2 pcs sand blasted glass door for kitchen cabinet $80.00

13 To supply & install 1 pc cutlery for kitchen cabinet -

14 To provide labour only to install cooker hood & hob for kitchen cabinet -

15 To supply & install 1 no. electrical point & switch for cooker hood & hob -

16 To supply labour only to install sink & tap for kitchen cabinet $60.00

17 To supply labour only to connect water inlet/ outlet for sink & tap for kitchen cabinet $60.00

18 To supply & change new stainless steel water piping for kitchen, bathroom & WC $780.00

19 To supply & lay inlet/ outlet piping for sink & washing machine $80.00

20 To supply materials, equipment & labour to hack & demolish wall & floor tiles for both bathrooms $680.00

21 To supply materials, equipment & labour to dismantle existing toilet bowls, basins & bathroom accessories $100.00

22 To supply & lay 3 in 1 water-proofing membrane for both bathrooms $150.00

23 To supply & lay anti-slip floor tiles for both bathrooms (Tiles price below $2.80 psf) $800.00

24 To supply & lay full hieght wall tiles for both bathrooms (Tiles price below $2.80 psf) $2,000.00

25 To supply labour only to install 2 nos. toilet bowl & 2 nos. wash basin & bathroom accessories $380.00

26 To supply labour only to install 2 no. instant water heater $120.00

27 To supply & install 2 nos. electrical point & switch for instant water heaters $100.00

28 To supply & install 2 nos. aluminium bi-fold doors for both bathrooms $400.00

Sub-total : $14,200.00

29 To fabricate & install 7ft featured wall with TV console in solid plywood laminated finishing for living hall $1,470.00

30 To supply & install 2 nos. electrical double point, 1 no SCV ponint & 1 no. main swicher for TV console $250.00

31 To supply & lay laminated wood flooring for living hall & 2 nos. bedroom $1,840.00

32 To supply & lay laminated wood skirting for living & 2 nos. bedroom $200.00

33 To fabricate & install 6ft sliding wardrobe with aluminium frame & glass panels at master bedroom $1,410.00

34 To supply & plaster only ceiling for whole house $850.00

35 To supply & install 1 no. solid veneer door at main entrance $680.00

36 To supply & install wrought iron gate at main entrance $480.00

37 To supply & install 1 set sliding window for 1 no. bedroom only $345.00

38 To supply & install 1 set window grilles for living hall only $210.00

39 To supply & paint whole house using ICI/ Nippon emulsion paint $850.00

40 To supply & paint all sewerage & water pipes -

41 To supply & lay new electrical wiring for whole house - standard package $1,680.00

8 lighting points, 2 double points, 6 single points, 1 heater point, 1 air-con point, 1 cooker hood point -

1 telephone point, 1 earth leakage booding point & 1 DB point -

42 Haulage of sand & clearing of debris $350.00

43 Acid washing for kitchen, bathrooms after all renovation works $200.00

44 Provide & lay corrugated board to protect flooring -

45 Design consultation & space planning -

46 Perspective drawing on all carpentry works -

47 Project management & job site supervision -

48 Materials selection & colour scheme proposal -

49 Submission of HDB renovation permit (Inclusive of permit fees) -

Total Amount : $25,015.00

Hi

For me, besides looking at quotes, it's also very important to get the right designer who knows what he is doing n is able to give good and sound advice as well as great service!

My interior designer was highly recommended by my friend and I was really glad I chose Age Interior over others!

My designer, Robin, was very professional n knows what he is doing. He was able to give us great ideas on how we could further improve the practicality of our preference on designs. He also did not hesitate to provide great service whenever we needed more help or had doubts. The quality of work done was also very satisfactory.

It cost me around $26k to do up my 3-room flat and every cent was worth it.

I would highly recommend Age Interior to all my friends.

Hi

For me, besides looking at quotes, it's also very important to get the right designer who knows what he is doing n is able to give good and sound advice as well as great service!

My interior designer was highly recommended by my friend and I was really glad I chose Age Interior over others!

My designer, Robin, was very professional n knows what he is doing. He was able to give us great ideas on how we could further improve the practicality of our preference on designs. He also did not hesitate to provide great service whenever we needed more help or had doubts. The quality of work done was also very satisfactory.

Photos please?

Cheers!

I just took possession of a 3rm resale flat on 15 Sep. There was not much reno done by the previous owner except for a kitchen cabinet and ceramic flooring in LR and laminate in BRs. No window grills.

I only changed the toilet bowls $470 and painted the flat $700. Spent $140 removing 1 lighting point and installing 2 lighting points each in the kitchen and the living room. Purchased lightings $290. Last item is to replace the old water heaters and taps and lightings for the rooms.

I am ready to move in anytime from my EA. But many things can't get into this 3rm flat and I am having problems my upright almost 6ft piano, 6ft sideboard and 6ft sofa set with 2 arm chairs and 2 side tables and a coffe table.

Edited by dumb

Hi

Lol, 1 post. And straight away recommend Age Interior to the sky....

Edited by renoseeker

25k is a reasonable price for me :)

hi hi ,

was too busy to log in for past weeks , i manage to find a few more ID/reno firm and shortlisted only 2-3 companies as the rest are on the high side.. (all close to around 30k with the same work)

just pray hard that if i sign with 1 of the shortlisted one and hope that nothing goes wrong cos some friends was telling me too cheap might not be a good thing.

cheers

hi hi ,

was too busy to log in for past weeks , i manage to find a few more ID/reno firm and shortlisted only 2-3 companies as the rest are on the high side.. (all close to around 30k with the same work)

just pray hard that if i sign with 1 of the shortlisted one and hope that nothing goes wrong cos some friends was telling me too cheap might not be a good thing.

cheers

Yeah, I also belive in cheap might not be good. May I know which company has been shortlisted?

Wish you best of luck!

Don't just look at price only. Ask to go to one of their jobsites to see the quality of work done.

Also, it helps to check licenses. Have license / accreditation better than nothing.

Most important, see if you can "gum" with the ID or not. If got communication problem, how cheap also no use.

Just my 2 cents

hi,

jus went to another reno company who is a contractor rather then a ID and he highlighted to me on the quotes that the one i shortlisted..

there are some missing items which he did not quote me and this guy is nice enough to tell me and now i'm kinda confuse which company to sign with.

items like back slash glass, low wall for the u sink etc...

its really a headache searching for reno company :(

finding the correct contractor is a **** lot of research n legwork, but the end result will always be satisfying.

Not really...sometimes the end result is like crap, because you trusted the wrong guy, as seen from the many complaints around.

Sorry for the pessimistic comments. Ignore me if you want. Its just that I don't really like the "always" word....

I wish you all the best for your reno.