Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

My Newly Installed Wc (Toilet Bowl) From Lucky Khoon (Joo Chiat)

Thanks for sharing your experience, eden! :good:

Honestly, I think the difference between the full and half flush is quite little but you can tell the time taken by the half flush seems to be a split second faster than the full.

Hope the toilet bowl won't give you any more problems. :)

Hi schiz0id,

thanks for wishing my new WC well :P

Yes, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it would lasts us for a long long time... :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How much does the Potex WC and installation cost you? My HDB installed Potex WC is defective and needs to be replaced.

My POTEX WC costs $210 & installation cost $100. Total inclusive of 7% GST is $310.

However, the $100 installation cost doesn't include fees for alteration of water pipes running behind the WC. In our ccase, we got the piping altered on our own to accomodate to this new WC.

Please take note that this current model of POTEX WC isn't as good as their old counterparts as supplied by HDB as far back as 10-18 years ago. That's if you have read thru the verdict I posted for my new POTEX WC.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi all,

I have started a new blog website & most of my topics which are started on renotalk forum would be "migrated" over there in due course.

For those who are interested in reading on, kindly visit my newly created blogging website, The Treasure Cove of Barbette at:

http://barbettey.blogspot.com/

Thank You!

r u related to lucky khoon? thjose pic/foto was taken by u ah?

If u read my disclaimer which I have indicated that I m not related to them. And if u read my blog about them, I have complaints about their level of service.

Those photos & the rest in my blog on other contractors who did work for my flat are taken by me.

I have many complaints about Lucky Khoon's products and their service recovery. This is very recent. I am frustrated, unhappy and extremely exhausted having to deal with them. I have more to say with videos and pictures.

I have many complaints about Lucky Khoon's products and their service recovery. This is very recent. I am frustrated, unhappy and extremely exhausted having to deal with them. I have more to say with videos and pictures.

Sorry to hear about this.

Please do share your relevant photos & videos in the forum about them.

I would also like to hear about your feedback about them.

Edited by edenstrauss

Sorry to hear about this.

Please do share your relevant photos & videos in the forum about them.

I would also like to hear about your feedback about them.

Lucky Khoon

Episode 1: Questionable product knowledge, poor after-sales service and poor service recovery.

Please go my blog for details.

Edited by psk

Episode 2: Defective products, delay of 3 weeks to rectify problems and still not rectified

Will continue my posting again here.

Hi psk,

Thanks for sharing your feedback in your blog. I went to your episode 2 & saw the photographs taken of the product outcome.

It's shocking but I personally felt that your contractor (designer/ contractor) is to be held responsible too. Since he was the one who recommended lucky khoon, he should be getting the problems solved instead of having u go down & running around in getting problems solved.

& what I didn't quite understand is how come your contractor who recommended lucky khoon as his preferred choice, ended up not engaging lucky khoon's plumbers to do the installation & gotten another team of plumbers instead?

As home owners who have a bit of DIY knowledge on plumbing, we felt that the plumbers did a very bad job on installation & is every owner's nightmare to engage them. Everything that they installed in photos is slanted & not upright & straight - seems to suggest a lacking in skills as they do not know how to assemble parts using other plumbing essentials like T joints etc etc.

From lucky khoon's name card, they have a huge team of plumbers running around for renovation projects as they do cooperate with renovators & designers.

There are many gray areas here when your contractor didn't get lucky khoon's plumbing team to do the installation. I believe that if your contractor has gotten lucky khoon to do the installation, whatever that's lacking could be rectified on the spot by their own guys. After all, I don't think lucky khoon's plumbing team would deny customers of a hose readily.

And what I could not understand is why can't the plumbers supply the missing hose on the spot? Seasoned & experienced plumbers should have such spare parts in their van of inventory.

I seek your kind understanding that this is my view even though I have a less than satisfactory experience as a customer with lucky khoon's after sales service. I m not taking sides with lucky khoon but I personally felt that the work done by your plumbers aren't acceptable.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi psk,

I read through both your episodes 3 & 4, and I believe that u need to turn off the "tap" (not the red valve) connected to your water bidget.

Otherwise, the water pressure could cause leakage from it. We turned off the tap connected to the bidget all the time when it's not in use as we wanted our gadgets to last.

If after turning off the "tap" and leakage is still taking place from your water bidget, then it's indeed the bidget that's faulty.

Experienced plumbers would know this as it is common knowledge. U might want to ask your plumber this : why install the " tap" to the bidget & not install it directly to the red valve? There's a purpose for its installation. Not there just for show.