Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

My Newly Installed Wc (Toilet Bowl) From Lucky Khoon (Joo Chiat)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi psk,

Thanks for sharing your feedback in your blog. I went to your episode 2 & saw the photographs taken of the product outcome.

It's shocking but I personally felt that your contractor (designer/ contractor) is to be held responsible too. Since he was the one who recommended lucky khoon, he should be getting the problems solved instead of having u go down & running around in getting problems solved.

& what I didn't quite understand is how come your contractor who recommended lucky khoon as his preferred choice, ended up not engaging lucky khoon's plumbers to do the installation & gotten another team of plumbers instead?

As home owners who have a bit of DIY knowledge on plumbing, we felt that the plumbers did a very bad job on installation & is every owner's nightmare to engage them. Everything that they installed in photos is slanted & not upright & straight - seems to suggest a lacking in skills as they do not know how to assemble parts using other plumbing essentials like T joints etc etc.

From lucky khoon's name card, they have a huge team of plumbers running around for renovation projects as they do cooperate with renovators & designers.

There are many gray areas here when your contractor didn't get lucky khoon's plumbing team to do the installation. I believe that if your contractor has gotten lucky khoon to do the installation, whatever that's lacking could be rectified on the spot by their own guys. After all, I don't think lucky khoon's plumbing team would deny customers of a hose readily.

And what I could not understand is why can't the plumbers supply the missing hose on the spot? Seasoned & experienced plumbers should have such spare parts in their van of inventory.

I seek your kind understanding that this is my view even though I have a less than satisfactory experience as a customer with lucky khoon's after sales service. I m not taking sides with lucky khoon but I personally felt that the work done by your plumbers aren't acceptable.

Thanks. I went through the problems one by one with the plumbers, the boss and the boss of my contractor. This was why it is crucial that Lucky Khoon's people should come down to make a clarification. I waited for more than 2 weeks. I went down to Lucky Khoon showroom in Joo Chiat at least twice. No response from them. I only need them to come down to explain and help fix the problem and not drag his feet. If not, I would not have spend this unnecessary time blogging the issues.

Edited by psk

Hi psk,

I read through both your episodes 3 & 4, and I believe that u need to turn off the "tap" (not the red valve) connected to your water bidget.

Otherwise, the water pressure could cause leakage from it. We turned off the tap connected to the bidget all the time when it's not in use as we wanted our gadgets to last.

If after turning off the "tap" and leakage is still taking place from your water bidget, then it's indeed the bidget that's faulty.

Experienced plumbers would know this as it is common knowledge. U might want to ask your plumber this : why install the " tap" to the bidget & not install it directly to the red valve? There's a purpose for its installation. Not there just for show.

Thanks for the advice. You know, as a layman, I do not know the technicalities. I can only rely on common knowledge and logic. My plumbers had shown up and it's one story against the other. And, Lucky Khoon suppliers are not showing up and kept not keeping to appointments.

Episode 5: The last straw - enough is enough

Please read my blog.

Hi psk,

Did u turn on completely for the main pub water supply outside your flat?

To test out if your shower head is faulty, unscrew the shower head from the hose & turn on the heater. If there's very little water coming out from the hose, it's nOthing to do with the shower head.

Can u see the main water supply from your toilet? It's normally identified with a huge Fat water pipe.

I m asking u about the huge fat water pipe as that's considered as the "main" water source.

If your heater is the first to be connected to the huge fat pipe, then u shouldn't have this issue.

But if there are many intermediate pipings, those "sub" thinner water pipes that are furthest away from the main fat water pipe, will get lesser water supply.

And how about other water points eg toilet sinks, kitchen sinks, etc?

Is the water supply from these other sources generous? Or trickling too?

Edited by edenstrauss

By the way, do not pay your contractor yet. He cannot just conveniently pass the buck to lucky khoon becox he is pushing the blame on the supplier.

His plumbers didn't do a good job.

If u want to, u could grant him permission in getting you a replacement shower head, get him to install on the spot & if the same issue occurs, u could chew him up on the spot being irresponsible & even not pay him for the plumbing fees cited in your quotation. His people did a bad job.

Hi psk,

Your photographs looked quite blurry. I cannot make anything out of them.

Did u order lucky khoon's inhouse wc, Lycia?

The one with rectangular buttons for flushing? R there any cOncerns with those buttons? Photographs looked blurry.

What about the water bidget? And the toilet seat?

Hi psk,

Your photographs looked quite blurry. I cannot make anything out of them.

Did u order lucky khoon's inhouse wc, Lycia?

The one with rectangular buttons for flushing? R there any cOncerns with those buttons? Photographs looked blurry.

What about the water bidget? And the toilet seat?

Thanks, edenstrauss for all your responses.

The main question is still this: after the weeks of delay and after my contractor contacted Lucky Khoon and made arrangement for them to come down, why did they not not turn up for the appointments? Why did Lucky Khoon now want the supplier to come? It's like that is not their problem anymore once the products are sold.

Yes, I bought the wc from Lucky Khoon. Sorry the photographs looked blurry because I am not able to spend too much time on taking good pictures as I have a full-time job.

Edited by psk

By the way, do not pay your contractor yet. He cannot just conveniently pass the buck to lucky khoon becox he is pushing the blame on the supplier.

If u want to, u could grant him permission in getting you a replacement shower head, get him to install on the spot & if the same issue occurs, u could chew him up on the spot being irresponsible & even not pay him for the plumbing fees cited in your quotation. His people did a bad job.

Sorry for having this impression: you keep pointing the focus away from Lucky Khoon and kept pointing finger at my contractor. I had the plumber to come down to fix the problems related to their work. I have also tested the work done by my contractor. Yes, my contractor has to take part of the blame but Lucky Khoon cannot be totally absolved from this yet until they have explained to me the root cause. I have isolated possible problems (eg leaking at joints). That is why my contractor suggested Lucky Khoon to come down. They kept dragging their feet, did not turn up for appointments.

Edited by psk

You dismissed totally the blame on Lucky Khoon without knowing fully the events leading to this situation that I am in now? Right now, I am getting all parties involved to find out what exactly the problem is. My contractor has responded. Where is Lucky Khoon despite several attempts to get them to come down?

Edited by psk

I m asking u about the huge fat water pipe as that's considered as the "main" water source.

If your heater is the first to be connected to the huge fat pipe, then u shouldn't have this issue.

But if there are many intermediate pipings, those "sub" thinner water pipes that are furthest away from the main fat water pipe, will get lesser water supply.

Thanks, edenstrauss. I appreciate your attempt to help. I have very little knowledge of such technical work. If I knew, I would not have engaged a contractor or have gotten myself in the situation I am in right now. How many people renovating their house know about the fat pipe and its relation to the source and the intermediate pipings?

All I need is for Lucky Khoon people to turn up and explain things, identify the root cause and crucially, fix the problems. But they have not responded despite my contractor's attempt to make arrangement. I have even applied leave to wait for them only to know that they were not turning up.

Edited by psk

Sorry for having this impression: you keep pointing the focus away from Lucky Khoon and kept pointing finger at my contractor. I had the plumber to come down to fix the problems related to their work. I have also tested the work done by my contractor. Yes, my contractor has to take part of the blame but Lucky Khoon cannot be totally absolved from this yet until they have explained to me the root cause. I have isolated possible problems (eg leaking at joints). That is why my contractor suggested Lucky Khoon to come down. They kept dragging their feet, did not turn up for appointments.

Hi psk, I m sorry if I came scr