Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dreamygal

Help With Floor Plan

Hi,

I've just got a resales 5 rooms at Serangoon. Moving there because i wanted to register my girl in a nearby primary school in 2 years times.

My hubby do not want to hire a FS master and since i am a full time stay home mum and do not have income, so i better shut up and not ask him to spend a bomb on this.

Would appreciate if anyone could give some advise and help if there is any big major issue i need to take note on, especially if it impact harmony in the house, hubby's opportunities and health.

Is the position of my stove and sink ok?

And i heard that if i place the study tables for the kids in the direction that is good for them, it can help them to focus better? Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Below is my floor plan. My first appointment on 11 Oct. Need to move in before school starts in Jan. Hope everything will be smooth smooth. :)

floorplanwithplan.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

House facing is north.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Dreamgal,

I am not a FS master. But over the years of renovation experience and from my client's master. I know that stove and sink in kitchen can face each other ( means opposite side facing each other ) as for you kitchen i think its fine. As for some master they have the FS compass to check where you stove need to be place. ( apply to some master only ) because for my master he always tell me that kitchen is the most important place where all the money come from.

As for the study table, why dont push all the way to the wall?

Anyway, hope there are some expert to advise you on this. :yamseng:

Hi Dreamgal,

I am not a FS master. But over the years of renovation experience and from my client's master. I know that stove and sink in kitchen can face each other ( means opposite side facing each other ) as for you kitchen i think its fine. As for some master they have the FS compass to check where you stove need to be place. ( apply to some master only ) because for my master he always tell me that kitchen is the most important place where all the money come from.

As for the study table, why dont push all the way to the wall?

Anyway, hope there are some expert to advise you on this. :yamseng:

Thanks DouglasHoh,

Thanks for your response. :)

Initially I want to do only 1 row of cabinet (along where the sink is). Then an island for the stove and working area, but I read the stove should not face door and I've got the kitchen door and toilet door there, so push the stove to face the wall. Anyone know more about stove facing?

For the study table, I wanted a more classroom style. Will get a mobile big white board for teaching, so better they face this way and not the wall. Easier for me.

And i heard that if i place the study tables for the kids in the direction that is good for them, it can help them to focus better? Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Study table stays as far as possible away from TV set.

Table near window to "borrow" natural light and wind.

Sit face door if possible, 30-60 deg also can, so no surprise passer by to tap on her shoulder suddenly.

Remeber the old saying "reap what you sow" = hardwork pays.

Edited by bepgof

Study table stays as far as possible away from TV set.

Table near window to "borrow" natural light and wind.

Sit face door if possible, 30-60 deg also can, so no surprise passer by to tap on her shoulder suddenly.

Remeber the old saying "reap what you sow" = hardwork pays.

So my table position quite good... Hee... ;p

I even choose to put the computer in my own room so that there is even less temptation... Haa... We will work hard. :)

I'm quite busy lately and do not have much time to share my comments. Hence, I am directing you to this article / video and hope it will shed some lights to locate the favourable and unfavourable sectors / directions.

http://www.masteryacademy.com/estore/itemdetail.asp?iid=148

Just sharing what my FS told me when he audit my house.

What's your husband kua number?

The placing of certain things in the house is closely related to your husband kua number and will affect your

1) wealth

2) health

3) harmony in the house

4) career

5) study

So better do some studies if u wish to DIY.

Hi chronograph,

Thanks for your advise leh. Seems like its really not easy. Haiz... :o

Maybe i should just go with whatever i like. Save me all the headache.

For apartment unit, the FS is more or less fixed once you purchase the unit as you cannot change the location of you main door. Can you change the external environment as well ? No, you can't.

Don't worry about what you place or do not place as they will not affect your feng shui ie. ornaments, paintings, cyrstals, wall colours, furniture colours etc do not decide your house's feng shui at all.

As for whether your kids can excel in studies, a lot is already decided by their bazi charts.

If your hubby does not want to consult a FSM, I think this could be a wise decision. Even if you get a FSM, chances are that

you get defective advice as the std of FSMs in S'pore is very low. This is the sad state of the industry here.

For apartment unit, the FS is more or less fixed once you purchase the unit as you cannot change the location of you main door. Can you change the external environment as well ? No, you can't.

Don't worry about what you place or do not place as they will not affect your feng shui ie. ornaments, paintings, cyrstals, wall colours, furniture colours etc do not decide your house's feng shui at all.

As for whether your kids can excel in studies, a lot is already decided by their bazi charts.

If your hubby does not want to consult a FSM, I think this could be a wise decision. Even if you get a FSM, chances are that

you get defective advice as the std of FSMs in S'pore is very low. This is the sad state of the industry here.

高人