Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cyfis

Average Spending On Furniture

Hi I am quite new to Renotalk here,

I am currently needing to buy some new pieces of furnitures for my home and just wondering what is consider the usual spending on furnitures nowadays,

been to so many furniture shops and wide range of designs and quality, we want something that's simple function and yet, good material and durable that will last.

This is our wish list:

- office chairs x2

- Sofa 3 seater, and 2 couches

- Coffee table x1

- Dining table x1 and chairs enough for 6 people

- Outdoor furniture table x1 and chairs x2.

- TV console cabinet x1

- Bed mattress x1 (king)

- Bunker bed + single mattress x1

- Sofa bed for guest x1

What will be the rough cost estimate?

I am hoping to spend no more than 9k for all these items - can I expect good quality and reasonably nice furniture with this price?

Thanks for all your input! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by cyfis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Tink u may need slightly more money for your list of furnitures.. 9k sounds abit tight considering there's quite alot of stuff u wanna buy.. ur king sized bed can already cost u 3k..

Tink u may need slightly more money for your list of furnitures.. 9k sounds abit tight considering there's quite alot of stuff u wanna buy.. ur king sized bed can already cost u 3k..

Ya I just gotten my mattress, and already caused $2+ k damage. We tried to look at branded vs. non branded and there's really difference. We are both particular about quality of sleep...so mattress quality can't compromise....

It's sealy, very comfy and cushy.

Just say to ourselves it's "happy money" :dancingqueen:

Realize me and hubby can be quite choosy and particular about quality.

Looks like 9K will be a tough journey for us...10K possible?? :drunk:

Edited by cyfis

Other than your king bed, the following items will cost you quite a bit.

- TV console cabinet x1

Buy these items first, as they are used most often, then after that use the balance for the remaining items.

I think 12k would be a reasonable amount to cater for, with possibly some left over.

Hi I am quite new to Renotalk here,

I am currently needing to buy some new pieces of furnitures for my home and just wondering what is consider the usual spending on furnitures nowadays,

been to so many furniture shops and wide range of designs and quality, we want something that's simple function and yet, good material and durable that will last.

This is our wish list:

- office chairs x2

- Coffee table x1

- Outdoor furniture table x1 and chairs x2.

- TV console cabinet x1

- Bed mattress x1 (king)

- Bunker bed + single mattress x1

- Sofa bed for guest x1

What will be the rough cost estimate?

I am hoping to spend no more than 9k for all these items - can I expect good quality and reasonably nice furniture with this price?

Thanks for all your input! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

allow my kapos here. if ya not concerned bout quality/ deliveryman's attitudes, try: bedsg.com.

furnitures mah...i had purchased fm a office-furniture retail shop at apollo centre sometimes back in 2001 oct...a study table + 2 low cabinets = less than $500, and these lasts us for until we threw em away in jun this yr prior to shifting into our new place - a wholesome 9yrs+! :sport-smiley-018: thinketh this shop has relocated to opposite the parliment house or somewhere near :unsure:

sofa 3 bedder or sofabed - i myself bought both fm Seahorse Hecom. 3 months nia but so far so gd. both costs less than $800 but if ya going round the island, you maybe able to find some of their retail shops selling the 3-seater sofa @ $319+ as opposed to the usual rsp $499 (price which i'd purchased at :furious: )