Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Types of floor tiles

800 by 600??? Seems like the resolution of the monitor leh. Why not 1024 by 768 too hehe.

Guess alot of people nowadays are using homogeneous. Scan through my neighbours' home at my floor and the whole row of them are using except one.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
To add on to Ah Keong's very informative article on the different types of flooring, there's another material call Minicrystal Stone .. or otherwise known as crystallised glass material.

As opposed to marble, it has a water absorption indicator of almost zero. I poured red wine on it to test. It wipes off clean.

There are just sooo many types of materials to choose from nowadays, it can be confusing.

Just remember, there is no perfect material. Everyone has its pros and cons. We just have to evaluate to detemine what we can accept, and what we can't, then decide on the one that's most suitable. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi,

I am being warned by my contractor that choosing a 300x600 homo tiles tends to have warping problem than a 600x600 or 300x300 tiles. Issit true? Does anyone has homo tiles warping experience?

Just wud like to revive this thread... :D

Lately I learnt about this other kind of flooring that's being used in the residential developments in Sentosa - Limestone tiles.

Does anyone have any feedback/experience on such flooring material?

:yamseng:

Just wud like to revive this thread... :D

Lately I learnt about this other kind of flooring that's being used in the residential developments in Sentosa - Limestone tiles.

Does anyone have any feedback/experience on such flooring material?

:yamseng:

Hello RT folks! Any help wif this? :D

Anyone has more info on Minicrystal Stone .. or otherwise known as crystallised glass material? I am thinking of using that for my living room. It cost S$10 for a 600X600 whereas homogenous tile only costs around $3.50 for the same size.

A survey of which type of floor tiles people use

Subject: Use of National Tiles on the Flooring, Facing, Columns and Walkways of your projects.

Dear Sir,

We take this opportunity to inform you that National Tiles are manufactured in Pakistan with the revolutionary “Extrusion and Split Technology” in technical collaboration of M/s. AGROB Anlagenbauy GmbH of Germany and fully comply with German Standard DIN specification No. 18166. National Tiles are fired for 46 hours at a very high temperature (about 1,1800C) in a 104 Meters long, Tunnel Kiln which makes them vitrified with incomparable strength.

You may also visit our website: www.nationaltiles.com

National tiles are fired at a very high temperature (about1,1800C) in a Tunnel Kiln 104 Meters long, which makes them vitrified with incomparable strength. It is worth mentioning that National Tiles are vitrified and it has less than 3% water absorption and are highly resistant to acid/alkali and chemical reaction, abrasion and frost. Apart from elegance and durability the National Tiles are maintenance free, as compared to other building materials, therefore National Tiles are the ideal choice for facing & flooring.

It would be pertinent to mention here that National Tiles is extensively used by DHA, CDGK (Pakistan) as well as Municipality of Dubai and Abu Dhabi in UAE. The main salient features of Tiles are mentioned hereunder:-

Built-In Grip

Rear of each National Tiles have dove tail form of ribs / groves which provide for more secure and permanent grip / adhesion on wall/facing.

Corrosion Resistant

Will not corrode due to vitrification, chemical property and crystalline structure.

Water Absorption

National Tiles are vitrified as such its Water Absorption is less than 3%.

Sun fast Colours

No Colour change after continues exposure to strong sunlight. Is also works in reduction of heat in the home which will remit in saving of electricity consumption.

Load Bearing

National Tiles have load bearing capacity of 7500 PSI.

Acid/Alkali Resistant / Chemical

National Tiles are resistant to Acid, Alkali and Chemicals.

Abrasion Resistant

Very high scratch hardness ensures abrasion resistant and extreme hygiene.

Brutal Strength

National Tiles are fired on very high temperature (11800C) five times longer than normal tiles to make them vitrified solid, hard strong and externally durable.

Special Accessories.

National Tiles is the only tiles which provides matching accessories namely facing strips, Step Tiles, Plain Angle & Skirting Tiles.

Attractive Price

With Split Technology two tiles are produced in one cycle thereby making it possible to market them at an affordable attractive price.

In view of above mentioned facts we request you to kindly see if theres any use of National Tiles on flooring, facing, columns and walkways of your projects deriving all the advantages of a variety of features enumerated above as i assure you that it is the best chice for you.

Thanking you and assuring you of our fullest cooperation and advisory services, we remain,

Thanking you and assuring you of our fullest cooperation and advisory services, we remain,

Yours very truly,

for National Tiles & Ceramics Ltd

Agha Murtaza

www.nationaltiles.com

Anyone has more info on Minicrystal Stone .. or otherwise known as crystallised glass material? I am thinking of using that for my living room. It cost S$10 for a 600X600 whereas homogenous tile only costs around $3.50 for the same size.

i am also looking at this tile but price wise seems abit high... anyone used this before?

hi,

i'd like to know if homo tiles from malaysia are cheaper than the same in singapore? whats the typical pricing of homogeneous tiles in singapore compared to malaysia?

should include concrete/cement floors.

anyways, any info on concrete/cement floors polishing

how much and who does it?

coz my son is gona start crawling and i need to get my floor smooth and lacquered asap! thks!

Edited by blanco

should include concrete/cement floors.

anyways, any info on concrete/cement floors polishing

how much and who does it?

coz my son is gona start crawling and i need to get my floor smooth and lacquered asap! thks!

Hi Blanco,

Have you considered bamboo flooring? they look promising and healthier esp. for baby and toddlers

I attach some pictures

20110420151640.th.jpg

20110420151830.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers

anyone with info on bamboo flooring.. look very interesting..

Hi Poseidon gal,

You might one to check this link

www.styleline.com.sg

Some of the photos I found ;

greenfielddrive.th.jpg

ymca.th.jpg

They have a good quality of bamboo products (for flooring, ceiling, decking and furniture board)

Cheers,

Edited by indira

Hi, I would like to overhaul my existing flooring but i would like to have some opinion. May i know the estimated price different between those few flooring below. I would very much like granite flooring but it seem to have only dark color and it is very expensive. Is it true?

# Heavy duty ceramic

# Homogenous 800 x 600

# Marble flooring

# Granite flooring

# Parquet

# Timber