Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
YogiBubu

Sunshine Court

A couple of IDs don;t recommend hacking. I want to open up the kitchen. Too small, like hawker stall.

Hi,maybe hacking needs a lot approval from hdb..Very the leceh..

Very stressful seeing all the actual photos..Haizz :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Can heck that away? I thought it might be something structural.. I also find the space redundant if we need to install window and grill at the service yard. haha

Eh.. i wanna heck away that 2 pc of wall and make it into a open concept kitchen..

Interesting but whats the damage in doin so..

Btw thanks for the photos..

Yogibubu also from blk D rite?

You received any letter from HDB regarding our key collection?

I waiting and waiting everyday.. hahaa

Yup blk D, no letter yet

How you all go about asking the ID/Contractors to quote?

Jus provide them the plan and ask them work their magic and price?

or you will draw out the things you want and ask them to quote?

We have met up with one ID whom my colleague recommend then she went thru the ideas with us, now waiting for her quote...

I don't have any idea how to ask other ID/Contractors to quote, want to get a initial quote to have a feel of their pricing before we arrange for a meeting.

Very dilemma coz I already have an idea how to do my house, have sketch something out too...

Me also in the same situation..get a few more quotes b4 so at least can make comparison.. I just got a new msg fr hdb.. Appointment of key collection will in a few weeks time..more stressful

Me also in the same situation..get a few more quotes b4 so at least can make comparison.. I just got a new msg fr hdb.. Appointment of key collection will in a few weeks time..more stressful

How you get quotes? jus email or you meet the Id?

We also very stressed.......

You taking loan from HDB? your HLE approved?

How you get quotes? jus email or you meet the Id?

We also very stressed.......

You taking loan from HDB? your HLE approved?

I've taken up hdb loan, mine approved oreadi..

You can email them for the quotes but only some will entertained you..then you see for yourself..

If you interested then can meet up.

Got my keys today...

went into the flat...have a look around...

Here are just some of the points...

Master room

VERY SMALL... The long corridor ate into the master room area, looks more to a L shaped room with that wasted corridor.

The light switch is located just outside the toilet entrance (it really create a problem as this is where we plan to make a build in cupboard). The switches would be hidden in the cupboard, yes you will not believe it but it is done this way.

The MBR toilet space is quite huge but due to the odd layout / position of the WC and also the wash basin, it have made building of a vanity table quite tiny in size, we cannot plan for a bigger vanity table. Its lucky that we dont indent for doors to the toilet as swing doors would have taken up too much space. There is a tiny window that leads to the air con ledge. IF open this window, other pple can peek into your MBR toilet... If not using the toilet, can consider to leave this window open as it really let wind in...

The 3 room flat besides our block, one portion is able to see at least half of my MBR and maybe 1/4 of the room besides my other BR (positional sense due to space constraint, nothing much I can do about it except to install curtains / blinds to block out the view.

Due to this positioning, the MBR seldom get wind blowing...as it really block out the wind direction.

Room beside MBR

as mentioned earlier, the 3 room flat besides can view 1/4 of this room. Ventilation wise, this room is unblock, if windows fully open, can really feel the wind..

Room that is beides the living room, furthest away from MBR.

This room is the best. Allow the most wind in and is really unblock. But room is really tiny in space. One cupboard, one bed...thats it.

Living room.

The wiring connection, to tv is not what we expected it to be in terms of position. It is in line with the door, same pane level, in terms of position. But well, to spend extra money rewiring, makes no sense to rewire.

The windows, when fully open, is full of wind!! very cooling.

Kitchen

Forget about space...its really narrow and the door opening is located at the centre, making it hard to install sliding doors or two panel doors. The waste rectangle corner besides this door, is a totally out and waste of corner. Too small to put refridgerator...can consider to put shoe rack though.

the door and window leading to the service yard, we are planning to remove it totally to allow more wind and more light and to create some space.

As for the service yard, only can do sliding windows, casement windows are out as the hanging poles outside your service yard block the opening path of casement window.

Can consider to do grill though

let me see if i can post some pictures later.