Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zlia

My Country Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi piggiedearz,

Wow!! Your home is really beautifully furnished and decorated. :dribble: Love everything - the soft furnishings, wallpaper, cabinets, etc..!! You have very good taste. Also drooling over your huge wardrobe. I also want something big like that. Too bad, my bedroom is too small. The most I can squeeze in will be a 6-door size.

Ask you har... your home was featured in some magazine issit? Cos I noticed that some pics are accompanied by a write-up.

Hope to evetually convert my home to a totally french country feel juse like yours - complete with wainscoting, cornices, etc.

Thanks for the pics. Really gives me more inspirations. :dancingqueen:

Hi Kitty jems

Thanks for the compliments! Actually its my first reno so i didn't have that much experience... and becos of budget and 'the husband' :P , i didn't get to achieve what i really wanted. but to have these i think cannot complain liao la haha.

My wardrobe hor is not that big actually... 2 of the doors open up to the bathroom :) then 2 is for the husband. so i only have 3 doors lol. my room is also very small, one king size bed , 2 side drawers and a dresser, balance is walking space only.

Yup mine was featured in home and deco mag in 09 i tink. can't remember. I don't have wainscoting cos its too ex... doesn't fit in my budget. I would love to have it though!!! :D I went for the cheaper version...just do the beading as i really wanted something on the wall :P You are not doing cornices? I think they are quite affordable, u can consider to add them in.

Yup i also searched everywhere for inspiration and ideas when i did my reno. Its important! :) So what is your theme? English? Shabby chic? Mine is not really totally french, cos in Singapore its difficult to achieve french custom made items...usually have to buy imported ones but they are tooo expensive :(

I like the lacy curtains... For me i nv do cornies cos my ceiling height not very high.. Cottage craft have alot if imported furnitures.. Another gd place is laura ashley.. Very ex but very nice

yup imported furnitures are usually very expensive... so have to make do with local ones that have the country flair hehe. my ceiling height is also not very high but i still want cornices as it completes the look. i love laura ashley stuff too!! :D

yup imported furnitures are usually very expensive... so have to make do with local ones that have the country flair hehe. my ceiling height is also not very high but i still want cornices as it completes the look. i love laura ashley stuff too!! :D

Your house is very beautiful. Are your furnitures custom made from Cottage Craft besides the wardrobe? (i.e. shoe cabinet, bed, display hutch, table, side drawers and dresser) Are they very expensive?

Edited by flermodders

Cottage craft got sell furniture like side table, chairs, cabinet... I saw they having sales.. U can go to their shop and see.. Another place is My Manhanttan, Eco link etc

Your house is very beautiful. Are your furnitures custom made from Cottage Craft besides the wardrobe? (i.e. shoe cabinet, bed, display hutch, table, side drawers and dresser) Are they very expensive?

thanks for the compliment. the bed and side tables, dresser are individual pieces from another shop, the rest are custom made from cottage crafts. i would say they are more expensive than normal modern design furnitures, whether bought off the shelf or custom made but still reasonable enough to accept :) are you renovating your house in this style too?

Edited by piggiedearz

Cottage craft got sell furniture like side table, chairs, cabinet... I saw they having sales.. U can go to their shop and see.. Another place is My Manhanttan, Eco link etc

their items even when on sale also very expensive haha. i never bought any of their furnitures except for 1 small vase with flowers :P i went to ecolink before, not bad too but i think their stuff are quite expensive too. never went to manhanttan before. where is it?

thanks for the compliment. the bed and side tables, dresser are individual pieces from another shop, the rest are custom made from cottage crafts. i would say they are more expensive than normal modern design furnitures, whether bought off the shelf or custom made but still reasonable enough to accept :) are you renovating your house in this style too?

I will probably renovate my house in country style. So where did you buy those furniture? By the way, I managed to locate a place at Ubi Ave 1 that sells French classic furniture at reasonable prices.

Still in a dilemma whether to proceed with forest after countrylover shared about her paint peeling issue.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by flermodders

I will probably renovate my house in country style. So where did you buy those furniture? By the way, I managed to locate a place at Ubi Ave 1 that sells French classic furniture at reasonable prices.

Still in a dilemma whether to proceed with forest after countrylover shared about her paint peeling issue.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i bought from the country shop at IFC at sungei kadut, but their quality is very lousy, mine grew mould!! So i would not advise buying from there. Did countrylover say her furniture from forest had paint peeling off? Which post?

So your house is undergoing renovation soon? :) Exciting! :)

i bought from the country shop at IFC at sungei kadut, but their quality is very lousy, mine grew mould!! So i would not advise buying from there. Did countrylover say her furniture from forest had paint peeling off? Which post?

So your house is undergoing renovation soon? :) Exciting! :)

Below is the link to the post : (#379)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12684&st=360

I will be collecting my keys probably in November 2011. :)