Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lsyean

Small Flies At Bathroom Drainage Hole

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i think these toilet small flies are attracted to water puddles in your bathroom. maybe u can try to wipe dry all wet spots before u leave ur bathroom after each use for the next 1 week. see whether the situation will improve. if not, there could be possibility of water blockage underneath ur floor trap.

I encounter the same situation before. They are called sewage flies. Found a solution that works very well for me.

Pour boiling hot water into the drainage. Ensure the side walls are scald. After that, pour bleach to the side walls and leave overnight.

Hope this works for you. :)

Hi!

Celte pointed out a gd pt regarding pouring bleach...but may I add for a cheaper solution: spray some insecticide before ur bedtime into those floor traps, mainly those side Walls, to eliminate those sewage flies lor! V effective...u jus got to spray off those 'deads' in d morning upon entering into ur bathrooms lor!! :)

Edited by tuasbird

I would just spray Baygon directly into the drain hole to kill the larvae and eggs. I usually igonore the adult drain flies as they will die out after a few days.

Need to spray the drain hole at least once a week otherwise the adult fly that flew in from dunno where will start the cycle all over again with a hundred baby flies hatching from the drain hole in days.