Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yaolong

'kai Guang' (开光) For Guan Gong (关公)

Hi everyone,

my family likes to pray to Guan Gong (关公) in my new house. we have scouted for a statue but we r unsure where and how to do the kai guang (开光)ceremony.

can anyone advise pls?

Edited by yaolong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi everyone,

my family likes to pray to Guan Gong (关公) in my new house. we have scouted for a statue but we r unsure where and how to do the kai guang (开光)ceremony.

can anyone advise pls?

You can try some FSMS or try some temples. There's one Tian Jun temple.

U could do enshrining through reputable temples such as the one at waterloo street. There isn't a specific "price" for such services at that temple. Devotees would normally wrap a red packet & place it into their donation boxes.

But if you would prefer a geomencer, I could recommend you my taiwanese master. He owns a temple too & does assist in enshrining ("kai-guang"). Not sure about his pricing but one of my neighbour got him to enshrine his Guan-Di deity at home.

If you are interested, I could PM you his telephone number (manned by his wife who acts as his secretary).

The other option is the Seng Hong temple at Arumugam Road. U could look for Master Qiu-Shen but I'm not sure about the pricing.

best wishes!

Edited by edenstrauss

U could do enshrining through reputable temples such as the one at waterloo street. There isn't a specific "price" for such services at that temple. Devotees would normally wrap a red packet & place it into their donation boxes.

But if you would prefer a geomencer, I could recommend you my taiwanese master. He owns a temple too & does assist in enshrining ("kai-guang"). Not sure about his pricing but one of my neighbour got him to enshrine his Guan-Di deity at home.

If you are interested, I could PM you his telephone number (manned by his wife who acts as his secretary).

The other option is the Seng Hong temple at Arumugam Road. U could look for Master Qiu-Shen but I'm not sure about the pricing.

best wishes!

yes i m interested. pls PM me the numbers... thanks alot... appreciate ur help...

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:30 AM, kelvintzy said:

hi! any experts for kai guang and their reviews please?

I thought going temple is a standard answer to kai guang ?

im sorry to be abit long winded but just wanted to be sure. I have heard stories of temples either just ringing the bell and giving u back the item as "kai guang" already. also heard stories about masters enchanting the item with a Yin spirit instead of the intended function. that's why want to ask for recomendation

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, kelvintzy said:

im sorry to be abit long winded but just wanted to be sure. I have heard stories of temples either just ringing the bell and giving u back the item as "kai guang" already. also heard stories about masters enchanting the item with a Yin spirit instead of the intended function. that's why want to ask for recomendation

Bro

You hit the point !  Good discussion

a) Go temple ring bell, monks chant inaudible words  -become kai guang ? Honestly I am one of them ..till now is the kai guang spirit with us in the family ? I am still waiting for recommendation. Never be afraid to own up on this issue

b) did you ask your parents how they do it when they have their own items to kai guang ?

c) During vesek day, I accompanied MIL to bukit merah thai temple (1st time there) - there are many worshippers carrying amulets chanted by monks ..red packet any amount and deposit into "election box look-alike" . So after chanting, amulets better ?

I would say "kai guang" is more of psychological effect. It is difficult to see or sense "power" within the items (amulets , statues, etc). But I do respect the masters at temple to do it ..well if no one complains about effects, it is harmless right ?

The question is "which master" is best in kai guang ..no one knows. I guess you have to try it.

Sharing my experiences and stories ..

1. my hdb has an altar with 2 statues : one is tua pei kong (since young days) - who kai guang no idea - well I can ask my mum. The other is a photo frame of a monk (not picture) - those dotted shapes like a monk ...my mum told me my late-dad asked thai monks to chant long long and dot the WHOLE picture at the same time. I was NOT there to witness it.

2. hdb - recently during this cny 2016, TV or internet programs talks about "request the presence of cai sheng yue at home" ..we didn't follow elaborate drills, just go joss-stick shops - buy a cai-shen yue picture with joss sticks around $8.80, at certain time, after playing mahjong, we light up joss stick, follow directions (without compass) and request the presence of cai sheng yue ..and the picture with blue tac is stick to altar ..was there any effects ? I won't know ..but during the cny period ..I got a extra new tenant. !(BTW getting tenants to rent hdb flat very tough now hor) - so you see did I kai kwang the picture myself ?

3. My condo house a Kwan Yin statue. When I first bought the condo many years ago, wife and me go bugis shop to buy a statue. Then we go bukit Gombak kwan yin temple and a monk just chant (both of us kneel down). It was placed at my place when I check with a fs master. After 10 years, I got to know a Thai lady who provide altar fs service. She came my place and say the previous kwan yin location at my condo was placed wrongly. She also said please get a smiling kwan yin statue ..etc So I discuss with wife and bought a new one to replace the old one. Thai lady also do kai guang. So I have this new statue until now.

Was it better ? I have no idea in scientific way.

I hope my stories will guide you in any ways. Please feel free to discuss as this is a forum.

And I won't be surprised if anyone do ask me for thai lady contact number ..LOL ..WE SHALL SEE !

actually, after a long time I waited for a recommendation of FS master, I searched on Carousell and found a seller who claims to have FS items that are KGed already. I decided to give it a try, since the items were quite affordable to me. Bought a Ju Bao Pen and collected over the weekend. And to my surprise (a pleasant one), today I striked 4D first prize $2 big $2 small on my car plate. actually my first time striking 4D in my entire life. not sure if its the item, but I totally agree with what you say, maybe its not about how good they are, but the affinity you have with the FS master or in this case, the carousell seller. ;)

got more than 20 PMs since last week to ask for the seller contacts. LOL. as I don't log in frequently, the carousell seller name is anggugu , but don't tell him referred by me because I didn't tell him I striked 4D. =P admin please remove if inappropriate.

5 hours ago, kelvintzy said:

got more than 20 PMs since last week to ask for the seller contacts. LOL. as I don't log in frequently, the carousell seller name is anggugu , but don't tell him referred by me because I didn't tell him I striked 4D. =P admin please remove if inappropriate.

Guess everyone likes to win 4d. Unfortunately I only buy $1 a year during cny. LOL

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:43 PM, kelvintzy said:

unfortunately didn't kena the 7mil TOTO. LOL. bought another Pixiu from him.. hope tonight bo bi kena 1 big one

I also wish forum member like yourself WIN BIG BIG ..huat ah.

may your pixiu win every draw and you are the only ONE winner in SG. In that case, all OTHER SG gamblers siam ah. Let one person win will do. LOL