Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Parenthood - How To Have A Second Kid?

Hi everyone,

It has been ages since my last post in RenoTalk, been active in the forum when I was doing my home renovation but now I am busy being a husband and father. I have a daughter who is coming to 3 years very soon and really enjoyed my fatherhood. My wife and I are caught in a dilemma of whether to have a second child, we want to have another one but got worried about the finance and time. My kid is in the playschool right now which I will drop her off before going to work everyday and my wife has a job that need to start work early and sometimes coming home back late. I feel that we should give our daughter a playmate and most importantly a sibling, the idea is on hold with a reason "Maybe next year when our daughter is older and manageable."

I believe most mothers will understand the difficulties of looking after a child when the child chooses mother over father, and sometimes the child can be unmanageable and give a lot of stress to the mother. I realised my wife's temper has worsen over the years but I try my best to accommodate and help her in whichever way I can to ease her burden. When we think of the joy that our daughter is giving us, having another kid will be promising for us but when it comes to the stress, a step back is taken.

It is also tricky to have a second child when there is no one to take care when my wife and I are away for work. Although our parents and in-law are staying very nearby but it may have some difficulties shuttling around earlier in the morning before work.

Is there anyone facing similar issue? Can share advise and experience? Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi sumobear ! I do remember you ! It's been a while since I've posted in RenoTalk as well :D

Right now I am pregnant with my second baby. Having more than 1 kid is definitely something that we both agreed upon even before being married. It is indeed already stressful for me to be pregnant and taking care of my 21 month old toddler. But sometimes we feel quite sad looking at him play alone and wants to give him a playmate.

All I can say is that it requires many sacrifices. For me personally, I am considering taking a lighter work load (possibly part time job). Thus cannot shop as much lor.. :P

We've also decided to have another kid now due to age. Not just me but also while hubby is still "young" and have energy to take care of one. Later when older, want to play with them also very tiring.

It really depends on you and I suggest sitting down with your wife and weigh out the pros and cons and not forgetting the finances ! All the best ! :yamseng:

Hi sumobear ! I do remember you ! It's been a while since I've posted in RenoTalk as well :D

Right now I am pregnant with my second baby. Having more than 1 kid is definitely something that we both agreed upon even before being married. It is indeed already stressful for me to be pregnant and taking care of my 21 month old toddler. But sometimes we feel quite sad looking at him play alone and wants to give him a playmate.

All I can say is that it requires many sacrifices. For me personally, I am considering taking a lighter work load (possibly part time job). Thus cannot shop as much lor.. :P

We've also decided to have another kid now due to age. Not just me but also while hubby is still "young" and have energy to take care of one. Later when older, want to play with them also very tiring.

It really depends on you and I suggest sitting down with your wife and weigh out the pros and cons and not forgetting the finances ! All the best ! :yamseng:

Hi oonik girl...I remember you too!!! We are all senior citizens in renotalk already....aging....haha!

My desire to have a second child is getting stronger each day but it really all depends on my wife as she is going to be the one who needs to bear the most responsibility. My wife and I know that none of us can stop working and we have already try to minimise our expenses as much as possible...looking after a kid is not easy and 2 will be even be a bigger challenge especially when there is no domestic helpers or in-law/parents to help out. Finance is our biggest concern, I believe every parents will want the best for their children but it is a challenge with the given economic. We chicken out several times because of that...