Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrox

Our Pigeon Hole

Delivery of the tiles started yesterday and completed this morning. YES... We bought our tiles from 3 suspects ;-)

Sand was also delivered by Mr Lim's workers.

The toilet walls and floors were screed with cement. Ermmm yeah we are overlaying the walls and floor in both toilets. Bye bye to the new HDB tiles...

Erm...you might want to remove your delivery of tile photo for privacy reason. Can see your address :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Erm...you might want to remove your delivery of tile photo for privacy reason. Can see your address :P

hahahaha that is not her address lah :D

haha matrox,

Thanks for pinioning me on Focal :rolleyes:

The woofer looks great...where is the showroom? might pop down and have a look.

For fridge.

firstly: Price is very exp

secondly: too many compartments make things complicated but it maybe sort of organizing for storage.

thirdly: Storage is another factor, more compartments= more dividers for storage= storage will not be as big as conventional 2/3 doors fridges.

Now, for my suggestion..

Brand > Design > Storage (capacity) > Price > freebies (warranty) :rolleyes:

And my furniture also burst my budget .. :bangwall: im crossing my fingers pls god dont make me spend more on my electrical appliances :drunk:

Thanks Enrico :sport-smiley-004: At first I was like "****"! Luckily, Mango is right.

Sleek & Terence

We went down to Mega Store yesterday and I asked the sales guy the same question and he replied... "ermm... very difficult leh" then he started to tell the goodness on the fridge, i.e. the air circulation being separated from the rest and will not have the smell... and vaccum compartment will keep the food fresher and longer without the frozen ice and the "after de-frost taste" and the deep freezer compartment. My husband replied "nevermind I can live with that"!!! Then my husband sternly asked "are you sure you want to buy the 6-door fridge?"

Bro Terrence

I still wanna buy the kitchen accesories from BLUM, haven't include the cost in yet... also dunno how much would it amount to *sigh* :jawdrop:

Bro Terrence

I still wanna buy the kitchen accesories from BLUM, haven't include the cost in yet... also dunno how much would it amount to *sigh* :jawdrop:

Yo Matrox

Understand that IKEA's hinge and drawer systems are OEM from BLUM...not sure about the price diff though. I'm using a mixture of Hafele and Excel HW throughout the house....

Bro Centrino

Read about the IKEA and BLUM but I'm worried about rusting part as I also read that it is not SS? I do not know how to plan the kitchen with the drawers, as in width and height of drawers leh.. Is the standard width 60cm? What about height for deep and normal drawers?

Do not like the standard width, would like something like 1m? :sport-smiley-003:

Plus I do not know if get BLUM, should I be looking at Tandem or Tandembox or the standard and what are the differences?

Yo Matrox

Understand that IKEA's hinge and drawer systems are OEM from BLUM...not sure about the price diff though. I'm using a mixture of Hafele and Excel HW throughout the house....

Kinda upset and unhappy about the renovation -

First

We overlay both toilets and we told our contractor that the pelmet/box up from HDB to conceal pipings needs to be tiled as well. He told us that will be additional cost and would be costly as it's a waterproof pelmet. The pelmet/box up needs to be taken down to tile it and could not be used back as likely than not, it'll be damaged once taken down. But shouldn't his quote include tiling on the box up? Is this considered to be hidden cost? Got people do overlay/tiling of the toilets but exclude the pelmet/box up one meh?

Second

We purchased the gas dryer, hood and hob bundle from City Gas and the gas heater. The guy from City Gas came down to do a site survey before fixing appointment for laying the gas piping. We intend to put w/mm dryer and heater at the service balcony. But we do not have space!?!? According to the City Gas guy, alot of owners are facing this problem with the new HDB flats and many cancellation after placing order for the gas dryer. So for all the marketing of electrical bill savings to use gas appliances, the design of the HDB flats did not take into consideration of space planning for these appliances at the service balcony?!?! Typical of HDB.... From the below picture, the 1st and 2nd intended space to put the dryer is out due to the restricted space and the ugly huge piping. Another option is instead of wall mounting the dryer, we will get a stand, i.e. the dryer will be on top of w/m indicated on the green shaded area. However, this would block the light coming into the kitchen and the hydraulic clothes hanger which will only be able to lowered down to a certain height. If we hang clothes on the hydraulic hanger, it will further block the light coming into the kitchen.

We have planned for a black kitchen and the above restrictions will further darken our kitchen :curse::curse::curse: Not only this, the gas heater will need to be mounted on the protruding wall at the entrance of the service balcony with ugly pipings for the gas, 2 piping for the water to the heater, and 1 more piping to the bathrooms.

So the question now is... should we cancel the gas dryer??

picture.jpg

Third

The progress of the renovation is getting too slow for our patience!!!! Tiling started on Thursday 10th November, afer 3 working days, both toilets have not been completed yet?! Nothing started in the bedroom, hall and kitchen. Only 1 tiler was working yesterday, saying he returned to hometown. Told our contractor, he said he has told the foreman about the deadline and the foreman will take care. I replied saying, you as the contractor is the paymaster of the tilers, you can't leave it to the foreman, you must be in control. Me being your customer must know your plan to ensure that the progress/work must be as per our schedule. Then contractor replied that more men will be deployed tomorrow. I asked how many men will be deployed to ensure that tiling will be completed by Tuesday. Let's wait for his reply lor....

At work, we are fighting with deadlines given by the management and expediting the suppliers and contractors. Why must I expedite and monitor this closely for our renovation?! *fuming* :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

Bro

What did you get from Hafele? Can ask you why did you choose Hafele over Blum?

Yo Matrox

Kinda upset and unhappy about the renovation -

First

We overlay both toilets and we told our contractor that the pelmet/box up from HDB to conceal pipings needs to be tiled as well. He told us that will be additional cost and would be costly as it's a waterproof pelmet. The pelmet/box up needs to be taken down to tile it and could not be used back as likely than not, it'll be damaged once taken down. But shouldn't his quote include tiling on the box up? Is this considered to be hidden cost? Got people do overlay/tiling of the toilets but exclude the pelmet/box up one meh?

Second

We purchased the gas dryer, hood and hob bundle from City Gas and the gas heater. The guy from City Gas came down to do a site survey before fixing appointment for laying the gas piping. We intend to put w/mm dryer and heater at the service balcony. But we do not have space!?!? According to the City Gas guy, alot of owners are facing this problem with the new HDB flats and many cancellation after placing order for the gas dryer. So for all the marketing of electrical bill savings to use gas appliances, the design of the HDB flats did not take into consideration of space planning for these appliances at the service balcony?!?! Typical of HDB.... From the below picture, the 1st and 2nd intended space to put the dryer is out due to the restricted space and the ugly huge piping. Another option is instead of wall mounting the dryer, we will get a stand, i.e. the dryer will be on top of w/m indicated on the green shaded area. However, this would block the light coming into the kitchen and the hydraulic clothes hanger which will only be able to lowered down to a certain height. If we hang clothes on the hydraulic hanger, it will further block the light coming into the kitchen.

We have planned for a black kitchen and the above restrictions will further darken our kitchen :curse::curse::curse: Not only this, the gas heater will need to be mounted on the protruding wall at the entrance of the service balcony with ugly pipings for the gas, 2 piping for the water to the heater, and 1 more piping to the bathrooms.

So the question now is... should we cancel the gas dryer??

picture.jpg

Third

The progress of the renovation is getting too slow for our patience!!!! Tiling started on Thursday 10th November, afer 3 working days, both toilets have not been completed yet?! Nothing started in the bedroom, hall and kitchen. Only 1 tiler was working yesterday, saying he returned to hometown. Told our contractor, he said he has told the foreman about the deadline and the foreman will take care. I replied saying, you as the contractor is the paymaster of the tilers, you can't leave it to the foreman, you must be in control. Me being your customer must know your plan to ensure that the progress/work must be as per our schedule. Then contractor replied that more men will be deployed tomorrow. I asked how many men will be deployed to ensure that tiling will be completed by Tuesday. Let's wait for his reply lor....

At work, we are fighting with deadlines given by the management and expediting the suppliers and contractors. Why must I expedite and monitor this closely for our renovation?! *fuming* :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

Looks like your reno does have some progress!! At least I had not come in for the past 1 week.

First: I did boxup for my MBR toilet pipes. The tiler did the tiling on the waterproof pelmet box without problems. The only area they didn't do was the underneath portion which my contractor keep insisting that it'll not hold and when it drops it'll be dangerous. Hence only the vertical sides are tiled.

So I guess yours being those new flats shouldn't have any problems as well for tiling of those boxed up areas.

Second: Buy a w/m with dryer function. Maybe this will solve the issue of placement and space.

Third: Endure and bug your contractor!! I give several calls within a 10mins time span should my contractor don't pick up the call. And importantly, don't release payment if you are not happy with their work. No point giving all the money upfront and they don't do a good job.

I do not know how to plan the kitchen with the drawers, as in width and height of drawers leh.. Is the standard width 60cm? What about height for deep and normal drawers?

Do not like the standard width, would like something like 1m? :sport-smiley-003:

Plus I do not know if get BLUM, should I be looking at Tandem or Tandembox or the standard and what are the differences?

What we did to our kitchen cabinet, which is mainly pullout drawers, with different width and height and get our carpenter to install the BLUM blumotion mechanism. This way, we didn't get the tandembox but only the necessary BLUM blumotion soft closing hardware . As such, we were able to custom made each drawer with different width and height.

I think tandem is just Blum drawers with blumotion mechanism. Whereas Tandembox is the tandem plus the metal drawers. (I may be wrong though).

Thanks Reiki for dropping by... Have called up Blum and they mentioned that I should be looking at Tandem for the runners & hinges unless I wanna get the metal support instead of using carpentry for the drawers on the side. Initially wanted pull out basket but realized that having drawers would save alot more yet having the same purpose. Thanks to your blog on your kitchen which gave me the inspiration :dancingqueen:

Bro Gnipihz

Thank you for giving me some comfort... contractor says the the tiles would be too heavy for the boxup/pelmet and surface is too smooth? However, what has the surface gotta do if you were to do the cement screed? Or is screeding not do-able on pelmet? $460/toilet just for the waterproof pelmet is too expensive for me!! :curse: It's chopping on carrot lor 8| 8|

Tandem, Tandembox plus and Tandembox intivo all come with Blumotion anti slam/soft close runners. The difference is in the design of the drawers on the side. For a clearer idea, visit the blum showroom and see for yourself. The runners come with different weight capacity. That is important coz if you purchase the runners with the wrong loading capacity you may experience that pulling the drawer in and out may not be that smooth and quiet due to overloading.

If the design of the sides of the drawers are not critical then get the Tandem drawers.

This is a sample of the Tandembox intivo

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Bro

What did you get from Hafele? Can ask you why did you choose Hafele over Blum?

Yo

Hafele is provided standard by my carpenter so the kitchen hinges uses them.... I actually bought the drawer systems (just the soft closing rail) from Excel HW and the carpenter customized the drawer based on our size requirements.As for the TV console, I provided them with the Samsung Irex hinge from Excel HW....

82d0a1ed.jpg