Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrox

Our Pigeon Hole

Centrino

Is it the same online shop where you bought the LED?

I'm buying the LED strips (for cove lights) left over from the renovation of one of the forumers. So if the length is insufficient, I'll order the shop you recommended. Initially wanted to buy T5. I went to Light Maker at Jalan Besar, beside lightings.com and was quoted for $800 hanging light with LEDs. Total cost with kitchen, bathroom lights etc, it cost a whopping $2k+ for entire house, excluding cove lights.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sami

I have not started renovation, waiting for permit from HDB for demolishing of wall so I won't be at the new place. You can go to level 4 for the showroom of 5-rm.

I have only started laying electrical wiring for the house... a good whopping 60+ points including relocation of lighting point, power point, installation of lightings and new lighting point and power points.

OIC. Look like u hv done a lot of homework for ur new place :good: btw mind to share where will u get the aircon from leh :unsure: TIA :D

Mango

I'm buying from Perfect Cool... we know the boss.

wah, 60 points is a lot. got a floor plan for that?

Rottenramone

60 points include installation of lights too, all in. I'm doing lotsa carpentry so need to relocate points.

BTW, City Gas having road show at HDB hub, good buy. Juz bought Rinnai's hood and hob, dryer and Marco water heater. Using gas should save alot on PUB bills.

Fren says he uses dryer 2-3 times/week + cooking (but dunno how often) and chock up only $7+ bill on gas. If AC also can use gas... LoL

I'm particularly interested in the wall that you'll be hacking away linking your masterbed room to your second bedroom as I plan to do it as well. Similarly, I somewhat have a structure wall which makes it difficult to hack everything. I'm racking my brains what I can do and how it'll turn out. Looking forward to more pictures!

Happy Renovating!

Thanks Blackcookie

I'm replacing the demolished wall with wardrobe, so the 2 bedrooms will not be connecting. But this will also mean that noise protection will be less as I'm not building up another block of wall. BTW, the wardrobe is for MBR not bedroom 2 :sport-smiley-004: Which means Bedroom 2 will be even smaller cos of this...

Rottenramone

We'll be doing wardrobe in MBR & common bedroom 3, living room and study room (an area partition in the living room), kitchen, shoe cabinet and the toilets vanity counter. Yes, carpentry is the main bulk of $$ in the quotation from contractor/ID. Not as if we have a deep pocket for our budget.

Thanks Blackcookie

I'm replacing the demolished wall with wardrobe, so the 2 bedrooms will not be connecting. But this will also mean that noise protection will be less as I'm not building up another block of wall. BTW, the wardrobe is for MBR not bedroom 2 :sport-smiley-004: Which means Bedroom 2 will be even smaller cos of this...

Rottenramone

We'll be doing wardrobe in MBR & common bedroom 3, living room and study room (an area partition in the living room), kitchen, shoe cabinet and the toilets vanity counter. Yes, carpentry is the main bulk of $$ in the quotation from contractor/ID. Not as if we have a deep pocket for our budget.

But we need lotsa storage :rolleyes:

Rottenramone

60 points include installation of lights too, all in. I'm doing lotsa carpentry so need to relocate points.

i have around that too and mine is a 4 rm only .. -__-"

Hello everyone!!

This is my first post here. Have been surfing here latently picking up tips to reno my new flat.

Hello matrox!

We are going to be neighbours!

Have been visiting showrooms in the block but all are 4 rooms so far.

Have not collected my keys yet. If you are at your new place during the weekend, can I can over to take a look?

Cos need to take measurement to buy furniture... :)

Appreciate help all. Gam Xiah Gam Xiah!

Hi Sami, r u from Blk 127D? :unsure:

i have around that too and mine is a 4 rm only .. -__-"

Ayukie

It made a hole in our pocket right? *sigh* Renotalk recommended electrician charges $3000+ for our electrical works and it's a huge sum of money for a new HDB unit. Luckily we got help from a friend, it definitely doesn't come free, but it helps alot. :sport-smiley-018: