Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PoppyLove

Our Adventure

haha angelbutterfly,

Did u get it from Starworld Lighting Sdn Bhd? or just window shopping n grab whatever is nice?

Is that "really" that cheap getting lights in Singapore?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha angelbutterfly,

Did u get it from Starworld Lighting Sdn Bhd? or just window shopping n grab whatever is nice?

Is that "really" that cheap getting lights in Singapore?

Nope, i didnt buy from starworld n went to few shops to choose. I didn't anyhow grab and we did choose carefully. Its juz that now it looks a bit low after we took out n try to hang at home. Hubby said electrcian shd b able to advise 2moro as we like it n wanna try some methods to keep it.

The hanging pendant lights we saw in Singapore are too costly! Nothing compared to JB.

Credits to PoppyLove for the store's address. Bought a total of RM935 worth of lights at Starworld and also another RM420 from another shop further down the street. (coincidently i got the same MBR lights as PoppyLove and dining lights as Angelbutterfly)

Its really cheap. But please remember to declare goods at custom. Per person per day for goods from JB is SGD50, after that they will tax. But after some "magic", i believe you dont really need to pay alot :D

Wow... It sure has been an adventure for us :) Been very busy with the reno :) So far so good with no glitches :) And the house is almost done. Just couple of last min things.

Hi poppylove, could u share the place that u bought ur pretty ceramic stuff? Please! I fall in love with all of them at first sight. :(

Here are some pictures of the original house. Very disappointed with the seller. Left behind all their furnitures despite being told to remove everything and nothing inside the house. The house was filthy!!!

imageboq.jpg

Edited by PoppyLove

Looking back at pictures of the old kitchen, I can still vividly remember the musky odour in the flat, especially the kitchen. And i kept on gagging. I couldnt last 5 mins in the kitchen. Nothing in the flat could be saved.

I plastered smooth the whole kitchen instead of having tiles. Bcoz i want that lofty sleek finish. Before i decide on it, i had visioned sleek finished light grey painted walls with sheen. Black suspended cabinet with lightings & glass backing and black granite top. The light colored walls will give a pop to the black cabinet and tiles and makes the kitchen look a tad bigger :) The dim kitchen cabinet lights will give out the sheen of painted walls :)

The kitchen is small. But i was adamant to have my kitchen cabinets in black :) Being opinionated, I still went ahead with black. Managed to talk my contractor into giving us the $5.80 italian tiles instead of the $2.30 tiles without any top up :)

It's now almost done. Awaiting for my breakfast table and blood red glass backing. Why red? I just need a pop of color :)

Edited by PoppyLove

The idea of this flushed glass panel is to create an illusion of a bigger space. To connect the living and kitchen but retain the privacy. Dun want the flow from my open concept balcony to end abruptly at the walls :) Hence, i just hack a small opening and had a glass panel flushed with the walls :) No frame as i want the sleek flushed look :)

Edited by PoppyLove

Remember the MBR toilet? Irksome!!

I refuse to have shower screen only bcoz i dun want to be cleaning it and wiping it dry everyday, all the time. Being in the toilet, it'll get wet each time we shower or do any business :) And i cant stand the sight of even 1 dot of water on taps and glass :P So, i decided not to have shower screen :)

Edited by PoppyLove

Our initial plan was to have a balcony door. But we took the chance and go for an open concept balcony. We were quite skeptical it doesnt turn out good. Afraid it looks too bare and boring. But after the parquet were done, I'm stoked to see how well it turned out to be :) Creates such a spacious space for my 5-rm hdb pigeonhole :)

Have yet to put indoor fountain, plantsand paint the stone carving wall black.

Edited by PoppyLove