Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PoppyLove

Our Adventure

And i want a clean look, so i go for white walls with black feature wall. Imagine a dimly lit home at night, watching the tele with black background. Ooh la la!!! :D

Contractor suggested a feature wall. But i dun wanna be stuck with a wooden feature wall for as long as i live here. And almost everyone has a feature wall for their tele nowadays. So 3-5 yrs later, when we go visit our frenz and families home, they are all identical; feature wall for their tele. I find it lame :P (sorry no offense... To each his own :))

Edited by PoppyLove

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We're going for the nyc loft look this time :D Hence, we spent quite a bit on hacking. I want to create an illusion of a bigger open space.

The parquet guy kept on asking me am i sure this is the color i want? He made me rethink for a moment. But i went for it. I dun care if not many do this color :) I want it means i want it :) And **** yea!!! Not the slightest bit regretted my decision :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by PoppyLove

Hacked the wall which separates the balcony and study room which i had converted to a living room and raised suspended L-shape platform where we gonna watch tv and have movie nights :)

Mounted a glass panel. So i can see the balcony from where i watch the tele and vice versa. Love the spacious and open concept i'm trying to achieve :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by PoppyLove

Hi, do u mind share with me ur ID or contractor? U seems to envision alot, wonder do u got any 3D drawing before e reno starts? Else, ur contractor must b v good too inorder to share e same pictures in ur mind without a drawing :)

I am my own ID :P hehehehehehehe... I just dun believe only IDs can create a better home. So save the $$ on IDs :P

I basically work closely with my contractor. And yes i must say he's good coz he captured all the details and the look I had envisioned :) No 3D drawing as i didnt request for any. I trust his work coz i only hv to tell him and he got what i had pictured :) the only 3d drawing he made for me was the kitchen cabinet coz he was rather skeptical on the black color i wanted for my small kitchen :) He just want me to have a rough idea on how it looks visually :)

Hi, do u mind share with me ur ID or contractor? U seems to envision alot, wonder do u got any 3D drawing before e reno starts? Else, ur contractor must b v good too inorder to share e same pictures in ur mind without a drawing :)

From my contractor :)

He told me abt the wood, but i had forgotten :( But according to my frenz, it's good :)

poppy, do u know what type of wood u used for ur parquet floor? is the wood flooring guy from ur own contact or from ur contractor? thanks.

You still want my contractor's number? :)

Hi PoppyLove,

If he doesn't, I will take his spot, please pm me your contractor's number. Thanks! :P

Your place looks really good! :thumbs up:

Edited by renotm

You still want my contractor's number? :)

Poppy, i want it! So sorry I thought u not comfortable sharing initiately so i nv ask liao. Thanks so much, pls pm me :) Btw, if not too much to ask....u mind share ur quotation with the breakdown? I see u cover the breakdown portion at the start of this blog. Thanks again :sport-smiley-018:

From my contractor :)

He told me abt the wood, but i had forgotten :( But according to my frenz, it's good :)

I intend to do my future home entirely with timber floor except kitchen and bathroom. I've seen how laminate flooring works, half a year to within 2 years....it sure will turn into nightmare...so timber is better. Now i'm still researching the cost of timber floor.

Alamak!!! Ur scaring me coz i hv laminate flooring for my 3 bedrooms :( Krono Original laminates with 15 yrs warranty.

I will pm u shortly k.

Poppy, i want it! So sorry I thought u not comfortable sharing initiately so i nv ask liao. Thanks so much, pls pm me :) Btw, if not too much to ask....u mind share ur quotation with the breakdown? I see u cover the breakdown portion at the start of this blog. Thanks again :sport-smiley-018:

Alamak!!! Ur scaring me coz i hv laminate flooring for my 3 bedrooms :( Krono Original laminates with 15 yrs warranty.

I will pm u shortly k.

poppy dont scare, hope mine is an individual case. But let me share with u, can't rem the brand i use but the laminate floor really can't stand water at all. Say if u drop a few drops or puddle of water leaving on the floor and forget to wipe immediately, the surface will pop pretty soon. U can't always keep track of such small details right. Then came the next problem, the climate of our island is unpredictable nowadays, the temperature will caused the laminated pieces to shrink or expand randomly...this will caused a obvious gabs between the laminate pieces. Ok...i think i scare u liao...but like i say, mayb mine is a cheap laminate floor bah. :dunno:

Forgot to mention this, all this happens within a year. :furious:

Edited by denimart