Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MetalTab

Keeping The Sun Out

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

why not just use a curtain or a blind? Simple stuff works best

It is different where the shade, whatever material used, is installed outside or inside the window.

Just my two-cents worth of thought.

Cheers!

the shade sails are not at all popular here; and guess I have to re-look my options with some polycarbonate and screen shade...

I have ordered shade sails online from australia. The delivery was prompt and quality was very good. I put the shade sail covering my outdoor decking, so I can laze on my outdoor sofa without too much glare from the sun. It provides ample shade and still allows strong air circulation. maintenance is also easy, since it is relative free from algae/fungus growth. Aesthetically, it also very intesting. Most importantly, it is cheap and easy to install. just need to get turnbuckles and calibrina rings from DIY stores. You can even remove it to wash!

I have ordered shade sails online from australia. The delivery was prompt and quality was very good. I put the shade sail covering my outdoor decking, so I can laze on my outdoor sofa without too much glare from the sun. It provides ample shade and still allows strong air circulation. maintenance is also easy, since it is relative free from algae/fungus growth. Aesthetically, it also very intesting. Most importantly, it is cheap and easy to install. just need to get turnbuckles and calibrina rings from DIY stores. You can even remove it to wash!

Wow that sounds interesting!

How much did you pay for them and how big were they?

Please provide more details; like the structure/anchor points needed (can DIY this?), instruction sheet or video provided by seller? and which website you visited?

I believe the brand in Australia is Coolaroo.

There is also a Singapore company (Advance Canvas Industries) doing something similar.  I will call them to provide sun shade solution for me.