Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
okaykay

Disappointed With Scanteak

After many many months of furniture shopping, I finally decided to buy a TV console from Scanteak. Considering my dining table and chairs were also bought and delivered perfectly, I had all the confidence when I decided to also get a TV console from them. It has really been completely disappointing. Last week, the TV console arrived with the shelf slanted. I was really surprised but I suppose bad luck happens so I waited for my replacement this week. Finally, it arrived as promised, a week later. When the item was delivered, it looked like something that had been rejected from another customer. Unlike my first one, it looked used and old. I decided not to be picky about it. When the delivery guys turned the piece over to stick the padding, I noticed that the underside was dirty. Definitely, an old piece. Then, where I place the DVD player, there was a sharp nail protruding out. I told the delivery guy and he took a hammer and hammered the nail in. Of course it dented my new TV console. I am absolutely disappointed with them. I am sure there are many satisfied customers out there but I suppose I am the unfortunate one. Absolutely disappointing. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After many many months of furniture shopping, I finally decided to buy a TV console from Scanteak. Considering my dining table and chairs were also bought and delivered perfectly, I had all the confidence when I decided to also get a TV console from them. It has really been completely disappointing. Last week, the TV console arrived with the shelf slanted. I was really surprised but I suppose bad luck happens so I waited for my replacement this week. Finally, it arrived as promised, a week later. When the item was delivered, it looked like something that had been rejected from another customer. Unlike my first one, it looked used and old. I decided not to be picky about it. When the delivery guys turned the piece over to stick the padding, I noticed that the underside was dirty. Definitely, an old piece. Then, where I place the DVD player, there was a sharp nail protruding out. I told the delivery guy and he took a hammer and hammered the nail in. Of course it dented my new TV console. I am absolutely disappointed with them. I am sure there are many satisfied customers out there but I suppose I am the unfortunate one. Absolutely disappointing. :(

You should have feedback again & ask them to bring back..

Today i just bought 2 single bed frame for my 2 kids to be delivered in Dec...

Hope will turn out ok..

my wife and I will unlikely to buy from them again. few years back, saw a touching ad where the son grew up and remember back the time the dad gave him the scanteak table where he crave some lovely sketch inside the drawer.....

went out to get a similar table from them for my son and daughter. 2 months down the road, the table top start having a bubble like hump. It then crack and split and the top layer has a a big hole. now my son have to put a cardboard on top in order to do his homework.... :furious:

after 1 year plus, the hoe just get larger and larger, you can see that the bubble is coming out and cracking the rest of the table top...

guess some ads are just misleading....my ikea table last longer without the cracks and spilt.

Bookshelf installed by who? I realize for ikea stuff, getting them to install especially big items are safer...they also have weight specification, they are quite accurate, once you exceed them, they start to bend....ikea vs scanteak big price different so my expectation quite different

This probably won't help you now, but one thing I've learnt is that you have to be a bit tough and demanding when it comes to this.

A lot of us tend to be very nice, don't want to trouble people, or afraid to offend people. And I think many people take advantage of that. However if you paid for something then you need to assert your rights too. In dealing with lawyers, bankers, contractors, and yes, sometimes furniture delivery, I realise that even though you are normally a decent person, some will take your courtesy and consideration not as something to be grateful for, but a sign of inferiority and something to take advantage of.

In your case, something very old, nail protruding out etc would have been clear cut cases for rejection. I also tell people ahead of time that I intend to post my experience with them, on my blog or on this forum or similar fora. That usually helps. Just make sure you do follow through on this! Send them a courtesy link :-)