Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

The One With The Gargantuan Task

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks, eden! :)

Meeting electrician and plumber this week. All will be done by this weekend :sport-smiley-004:

Plasterboards and ceiling people will be coming next week. Wardrobe people also next week.

If all goes according to schedule, we might.. *fingers crossed* might just make it in time for move-in! :good:

The plastered effect is nice! :dribble: Must introduce your plastering team to me when I get a chance to do my house next time! :lol:

Everything seems back on track despite the delays. *phew* keeping my fingers crossed for you. Jiayou!

everything looks nicely plastered and i dont want to be a wet blanket but i really hope they can meet your deadline. eg my carpentry is still being manufactured and not ready to install after 1 1/2 weeks so we're all just twiddling our thumbs as nothing can be done until then. rolleyes.gif

Hey sleek, nah no wet blanket, don't worry. We are just hoping for the best! ;)

Spoke to the carpenter myself today and he said he will try to rush it out within the 2 weeks. *fingers crossed* :unsure: He didn't gasp and say, "Cannot lah! Siao..." So i'm quite thankful for that. :P

We are not doing the wardrobes for all the bedrooms with him, so hopefully that alleviates his load a lil :P

ID/Contractor Selection (Part 3)

The saga continues with B...

• Called me to ask for feedback. I thought that was his saving grace. Boy, was I wrong! :bangwall:
  • Asked me to send email to his management (regarding the refund of the 3D fee) and cite the reasons why we are not continuing with him.
  • I did. Guess what? He called me to say I put him in a bad light when everything was what I had told him over the phone and it was all factual. (Talk about denial.. )
  • Asked me to resend another email to ‘clear the air’ otherwise he can’t help me get back my refund. Naturally, good natured me can only be poked so much. I blew my top at him. :angry:
  • To make matters worse, he told me they will deduct from the fee for the designer’s wages since they gave me more than 10 drawings in total. (incl the rectifications for HIS errors) :angry:
  • I was literally going :curse: at this moment. (Nowhere in the 'contract' that we signed stated that deductions will be made for designers' remuneration)

Long story short..

• I was prepared to go to RADAC with this. Lady at RADAC said they will mediate for me if there is no reasonable resolution.
  • Gave him 2 weeks to settle this case, after he told me some story about how his boss needs to check the number of drawings they gave us, blahblah...
  • After 2 weeks, asked him the status of my case. He asked me to call his management, says he doesn't know anything.
  • I did. Management gave me back the full amount. No questions asked.
  • Says alot about the ID, doesn’t it? (And of cos, my trusting nature.. :P)

And with that, the saga with B is over. Thank goodness! :bow:

Mum was quite happy with C and his design ideas. Signed on with C eventually and are waiting to see the results. Keeping fingers crossed that the end result will be worth all the drama! ;)

sorry im late! busy with work overseas.

Glad eveything has been solved! gona spend some time to catch up on yr blog..

sorry im late! busy with work overseas.

Glad eveything has been solved! gona spend some time to catch up on yr blog..

Haha you're not late at all... Grab a chair and join us! :yamseng:

[i notice what you quoted.. Haha :P Yeah, it was finally solved!]

With exactly two weeks to go, we are still left with -

• Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • Carpentry
  • Painting

If I trust what the ID says, electrical and plumbing should finish by this weekend. Fixing of lights and sanitary ware will happen next week.

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Zoom zoom! ;)

Can't believe I'm moving in 2 weeks.. And I'm not packed! At all! :P

hi buddy,

sanitary is completed easily if there are no hiccups.

:rolleyes:

Yeah.. I'm trying to minimize hiccups.. Attending all the meetings my ID has with the different trades. Two heads/eyes/ears are better than one! :good:

Two days in a row been having lunch at 3. Who knew meeting with carpenter, electrician and plasterboard people will take so long? Each of them took at least 2 hours! :wacko:

These two weeks are really no joke. Zoom zoom to get things changed and delivery arranged! :sport-smiley-004:

Yeah.. I'm trying to minimize hiccups.. Attending all the meetings my ID has with the different trades. Two heads/eyes/ears are better than one! :good:

Two days in a row been having lunch at 3. Who knew meeting with carpenter, electrician and plasterboard people will take so long? Each of them took at least 2 hours! :wacko:

These two weeks are really no joke. Zoom zoom to get things changed and delivery arranged! :sport-smiley-004:

Last two weeks to finish line! Under your watch, I'm sure everything will be right on track, with minimal (zero) hiccups! Once electrician and plumber finish their work, the rest of it will be just deliver, assemble, deliver, assemble. Hang in there pallie! :good:

Thanks! :)

Y'know after 4 weeks of wet works, I'm still hearing drilling, knocking, scraping in my head.

I really can't wait til next weekend! The end will only be in sight after next weekend. :good: Hope it zooms on by! :P

Edited by schiz0id

Electrician and plumbing both couldn't finish the house in 2 days so they're taking another day on Monday to complete the whole house. Ceilings are going up whole of next week too. After that it'll just be installation of stuff and we are done. ;)

Also found out yesterday that there are very nasty people living in my block. Shall divulge more when renovation works are all done. Now just keeping fingers crossed that our renovations can continue for the next 2 weeks.

But I'm very thankful for nice neighbours all around me. That's most important. :)

Happy weekend, all! :sport-smiley-018: