Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MsChoong

Painting

One of the ID that I've contacted just now said the painting might looks different on walls due to reflection of sunlight, thus, it is impossible to have exactly same color..

I wonder how true is that?

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

what brand of paint would you be using?

I didn't grasp your concerns. Colour tones shouldn't be too far off whether there is sunlight or not. It'll be horrendous if your ID tells you that a brown becomes beige in colour when sunlight falls on the walls!

I would highly recommend that you contact Cally Chen from the Customer Service department of Nippon Paint & she would be able to assist you as she is extremely knowledgeable with anything related to paints, Nippon in particular.

While we were selecting colours for our rooms prior to our recent fengshui audit, the colour SAIL WHITE from Nippon's catelogue piqued our interest. However, I observed that when the colour in the catelogue was seen in the dark, there was a sort of creamy undertone to it & when it was subjected to direct sunlight at the balcony, it looked really WHITE, jux white.

As such, I contacted Ms Chen & was very grateful when she explained to me the dynamics of paint colours.

best wishes!

what brand of paint would you be using?

I didn't grasp your concerns. Colour tones shouldn't be too far off whether there is sunlight or not. It'll be horrendous if your ID tells you that a brown becomes beige in colour when sunlight falls on the walls!

I would highly recommend that you contact Cally Chen from the Customer Service department of Nippon Paint & she would be able to assist you as she is extremely knowledgeable with anything related to paints, Nippon in particular.

While we were selecting colours for our rooms prior to our recent fengshui audit, the colour SAIL WHITE from Nippon's catelogue piqued our interest. However, I observed that when the colour in the catelogue was seen in the dark, there was a sort of creamy undertone to it & when it was subjected to direct sunlight at the balcony, it looked really WHITE, jux white.

As such, I contacted Ms Chen & was very grateful when she explained to me the dynamics of paint colours.

best wishes!

Thanks a mil!!

Very informative..

The brand is Nippon Venillex 5000

Thanks a mil!!

Very informative..

The brand is Nippon Venillex 5000

I wouldn't recommend Nippon's Vinillex 5000 unless you have intentions to paint your walls every year or once in 2 years! It's Nippon's cheapest range & many of our Malay neighbours used it becox they prefer to change the colours of their walls every single year for Hari Raya.

For ourselves, we would only consider Nippon's Medifresh becox it gives walls a high gloss finishing, which would highlight flaws if your walls does not have smooth plastering. Stains like hand prints could be easily removed by just using a wet tissue.

OOhh..I see. How much does it cost?

How bout Odour Less those type? More expensive right?

The most expensive is Odourless range. Then I think Medifresh is the next in line after Odourless. It depends on where u go to purchase your paints. Some shops sell their paints at the RRP (recommended retail price) but others give alot of discounts.

I would suggest that u call Cally Chen from Nippon Paint. U would have to choose the option that says "Customer Service" & you'll get to speak to her. She's very knowledgeable & has educated customers like myself which is why I had a greater depth of knowledge even as a home user whose painting my own flat. A humble lady with a sweet voice.

I'm a great fan of hers & am still giving my votes to Nippon where paints are concerned. U could also request for a catelogue through the mailer. She'll send it to you.

Edited by edenstrauss

The most expensive is Odourless range. Then I think Medifresh is the next in line after Odourless. It depends on where u go to purchase your paints. Some shops sell their paints at the RRP (recommended retail price) but others give alot of discounts.

I would suggest that u call Cally Chen from Nippon Paint. U would have to choose the option that says "Customer Service" & you'll get to speak to her. She's very knowledgeable & has educated customers like myself which is why I had a greater depth of knowledge even as a home user whose painting my own flat. A humble lady with a sweet voice.

I'm a great fan of hers & am still giving my votes to Nippon where paints are concerned. U could also request for a catelogue through the mailer. She'll send it to you.

Thanks once again...

Nippon better or ICI? Anyone got any feedback?

When we checked with renovators in the course of shortlisting contractors for fabricating the wall between my common bedrm & mbr, they told us both brands of paint are equally good & it's all up to individual preferences.

However, some of ICI's paint has a soft sheen finishing whereas Nippon has a high glossy finish (3-in-1 medifresh range) that has great adhesion to cover hairline cracks.

And on a candid note as a satisfied customer, I need to share with u guys that as someone who craves for knowledge, Nippon has outdone ICI when it comes to customer service support. Most of my hubby's relatives swear by ICI. However, the ICI customer service reps were unable to address ALL my concerns as a home user for paints.

Nippon is definitely a much stronger contender when it comes to painting for home users as they had excellent customer service support. Apart from my observation of Cally Chen's great patience when I called her up at least 20 times already to clarify on colour tones in view of fengshui requirements, she was able to substantiate all her recommendations & suggestions with logical explanations.

She has also extended herself in providing very salient advice & recommendations for Nippon's products when I called up whining about the aftermath of ceiling leakages arising from irresponsible renovators for the unit above ours. And as expected, her explanation made her suggestions absolutely credible.

I've also dealt very briefly with their sales rep for painting services & would like conclude that Nippon's staff are well-groomed for their work roles, which is definitely good news as we customers would stand to benefit from their knowledge & service.

As such, I would definitely recommend Nippon Paint in the capacity of a home owner :)

Edited by edenstrauss

I think they are more or less the same..

Only the ID proposed Nippon paint

Hi MsChoong,

U r most welcome! :) Knowlegde sharing & exchanging information is one of the important objectives for forums. So when I hand out (hopefully) relevant information, I sincerely hope that it would be of some form of help to the readers. The reason being that we ourselves had rough rides in the absence of information. As such, we had the idea that it would ease out unwanted stress & confusion for readers & help them make an informed decision.

If you go through both ICI & Nippon colour brochures, u will noticed that both paint companies have their own preferred IDs. So that explains why ur ID uses Nippon paint.

U might want to take a look at 2 of these threads where I've mentioned about Nippon's products with photographs:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40463&view=findpost&p=637078

(http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40273&st=0&p=632908&hl=nippon&fromsearch=1entry632908)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40270&st=0&p=632883&hl=nippon&fromsearch=1entry632883

Once we start painting out home, we would also do a new thread on Nippon paint, oil-based sealer & also scraping off hardened "debris" from the ceiling arising from leakage.

Nothing impressive but DIY can be very strenuous on us layman so if we need to do it, we have decided to publish our experiences in the forum. :P

U might want to take a look at 2 of these threads where I've mentioned about Nippon's products with photographs:

http://www.renotalk....ndpost&p=637078

(http://www.renotalk....=1)

http://www.renotalk....=1

Once we start painting out home, we would also do a new thread on Nippon paint, oil-based sealer & also scraping off hardened "debris" from the ceiling arising from leakage.

Nothing impressive but DIY can be very strenuous on us layman so if we need to do it, we have decided to publish our experiences in the forum. :P

Hi edenstrauss. I really appreciate all your sharing. I see that you are recommending nippon. Thanks for that.

Btw, can we request for nippon paint from an ID/Contractor who's using ICI? Or each company must die die use that particular painting vendor, sort of like an exclusive partnership or franchise.

Thanks for your help...

Hi edenstrauss. I really appreciate all your sharing. I see that you are recommending nippon. Thanks for that.

Btw, can we request for nippon paint from an ID/Contractor who's using ICI? Or each company must die die use that particular painting vendor, sort of like an exclusive partnership or franchise.

Thanks for your help...

If I've not interpreted incorrectly, most ID firms would have contractual agreement with a particular brand of paint manufacturer to use their paints during renovation.

Hoever, from the business perspective, it'll not be prudent for an ID firm to forgo money-making opportunities becox they couldn't match customers' painting requirements.

Before you sign on with any renovator, I would suggest that you check with the him/ her if they could use Nippon paints for your place.

Edited by edenstrauss