Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renman2735

Advice On Pet Screen?

Good day to all and especially pet lovers!

I'm now nearing the final decision for little bits of reno here and there, and one thing I need to get sorted is some sort of safety screen for my windows to keep my cat safe.

I used Magnetic screen in my old home, and had an assessment for new place. Unfortunately I found it a bit pricey compared than a few years ago, and the sales person refused to negotiate at all on the price, saying it was already very good price (which I find a little odd, as I'm in sales myself and know that's not quite accurate)

I've looked at invisible grille solutions, but given that the distance between bars need to be so close that it kinda defeats the purpose of 'invisibility', it would really not be the solution.

I know about doing wire meshing myself, however I'd like something a bit more aesthetic.

Could someone please offer me some alternatives to investigate?

Thanks and best regards!

RM2735

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I know this dilemna :)

We put up bamboo chick between the living room and balcony. The windows came with ledges outside, and are laid with spiky cat-traps from $2-dollar kind of shops. Main gate has white mesh on the lower 1metres, attached by cable-ties, and not terribly bad-looking..

So far so safe ;) Hope this helps.

I know this dilemna :)

We put up bamboo chick between the living room and balcony. The windows came with ledges outside, and are laid with spiky cat-traps from $2-dollar kind of shops. Main gate has white mesh on the lower 1metres, attached by cable-ties, and not terribly bad-looking..

So far so safe ;) Hope this helps.

Hi Rummi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have pictures I could have a look at to visualize what you mean? Who did you get to do to the work for you?

Cheers!

Cat-traps aka spikes are from DAISO.

White mesh u can buy from places like Homefix, then cut and tie to gate yourself.

Bamboo chick, i did together with my bamboo blinds on balcony... many contractors can do for u, no need any particular one ;)

Send u a message on pic.