Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snake

Changing Of Carpenters By Id

I have confirmed my ID on 13 Sep 2011 and till now he has not firmed up a carpenter to do our carpentry. We had a lot of carpentry and we had emphasize that we are very particular about the workmanship and yet the carpenters (2 groups of them)just disappeared. They had not started work, they just came down for the measurement and we spent time to describe what we want to them. He arranged a 3rd group to go to my place last Sat to measure (without our presence) and it's not even confirmed if they will be able to deliver the job on time. I am very very tempted to strike out the carpentry scope from his scope by my hubby is concerned that he will not managed the rest of the jobs properly. Any advice or suggestions?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Disappear...are they from the same company? Some carpenters they have different person to go to the site. For example, the boss of the carpenter will go down to take a rough dimension so he can give the id a price. Once the Id confirm with him, the boss will get his carpenter to go down to take the site measurements.

If you have sign up the whole contract including the carpentry, I doubt they will let you take out from the contract, they might ask you to compensate. Btw no harm trying if you are really afraid of they can't meet the timing or workmanship. It's good if u can call up your id and check with him what's happening to the carpentry.

Just called up my ID. He gave the reassurance that he is doing his best to find the carpenter that can meet our timeline and requirement of the finishing. I told him frankly that if he can't do so, I will find my own carpenter.

What I meant was he brought carpenters fr 2 different companies to do site measurement and the 3rd one just did site measurement on sat. The 1st didn't ans his call after meeting us (owners) twice and the 2nd one cited that he doesn't have small lorry as a reason why he cannot accept the job. My place has a basement carpark for unloading and cannot use big lorry.