Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cjred

House Wacking And Renovation

Hi Cjred,

You mind showing me a photo of how your whole shower faucet looks after installation? Is the water inlet at the attachment part to the wall? Do you need a false wall?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Cjred,

You mind showing me a photo of how your whole shower faucet looks after installation? Is the water inlet at the attachment part to the wall? Do you need a false wall?

Nah, mine is exposed! too small to create false wall.

Cjred, you should write a review of your ID already!!! :notti:

Yah anyway here is my review with 9 Lives.

Though a good result i still have problems especially "additional" request not taken action/doing, delays (yes delayed by 10days). My greatest annoyance with them is customer service and prompt response they surely don't know when to notify.

Ratings below:

0. Hacking - 10/10 This one is best! price is competitive and they do it fast!

1. Carpentry - 9/10 Yeah their sub-con is very good fast and top quality. The china guys are nice and patient also. and this did the assembly in just a day!

2. Plumbing - 9/10 This one from them and it's all fine.

3. Electrical - 7/10 There were problems in this area especially putting the double sockets so high! And electric tripping. luckily i was constantly checking on the progress.

4. Plastering - 10/10 Their guys are very fast on this and made my rough place very smooth!

5. Painting - 5/10 Their painting is mediocre so mediocre that i can paint even better. Some of their guys love to drip paint everywhere especially with my hansgrohe tap! !*(@&*(@$. And the touch ups are even worse. They paint unevenly and can see the single and double coat unevenness. The other guy used the wall paint to touch up my doors! omg i was so angry with this and i can see the unevenness! so i have to touch up myself to rectify.

6. Windows - 9/10 should be 10 but the delay was so unacceptable.

7. Solid surface - 9/10 because of the freaking delay!

8. Tiling and wet works - 10/10 Fast and quick and superb quality.

9. Customer Service - 4/10 Although they are nice guys, i would say CS part as "sucks" because they often don't respond to requests and other additional that you'll feel your project is in lowest priority. I requested some stuff like repair windows, seal up the "HOLE" outside my house (which i'll do by myself already so that it will be DONE), Touch up and sand some areas or to make it short "Finish the project right and COMPLETE" and btw i gave the last cheque and never heard from them already. So i'll do this touch up on my own (I can do it anyway). Luckily me and my wife are very patient customers we made their life easier but they made our lives difficult afterwards! zzzzz

10. Project management - 4/10 Delays, delays and delays with no notifications

Recommend? Maybe but you need to be ruthless to them haha.... They did a great job on my place but its not done up completely. It's up to you all to try 9 Lives. Just take note on my comments. :notti::unsure:

Edited by cjred

Most of the time problems arise when make full payment, regardless if it is renovation or other things. Once payment is cleared, they will not care/bother what comments you made to them.

Most of the time problems arise when make full payment, regardless if it is renovation or other things. Once payment is cleared, they will not care/bother what comments you made to them.

Yep most of the time haha. Anyway i had lots of BARGAIN so no complains at all LOL.

Edited by cjred

Cjred, I can totally connect to what u have written. (9 Lives customer too)

ohhhh they are like that... i think they have too many customers to handle. But nevertheless they must improve on their customer service.

Anyway my I.D quoted me around 28k for the whole house.

Items Included.

1. Sliding windows in living room and room1 with wrought iron grills
  2. Full hacking of house + downloading of debris
  3. Rebuilding wall for bedroom 1 and master
  4. 3.5ft high wall partition for kitchen
  5. Full plastering and painting
  6. Floor tilings of whole house
  7. Wall tilings for toilet
  8. Rewiring of whole house
  9. Carpentry works (1 Wardrobe, Kitchen cabinets and solid surface)
  10. Installation of stuffs
  11. Full re-piping

We hold these items for now due to budget:

1. 2nd wardrobe
  2. Long cabinet for master bedroom
  3. Shoe cabinet for living/entrance

:thumbs up:

Hi cjred,

I saw from your original floor plan that the wall between the bedrooms was not level so the quote include hacking & rebuilding the wall to straighten. Did they hack the entire wall & rebuild or just hack the part that is recessed then build the wall just at that part?

Hi cjred,

I saw from your original floor plan that the wall between the bedrooms was not level so the quote include hacking & rebuilding the wall to straighten. Did they hack the entire wall & rebuild or just hack the part that is recessed then build the wall just at that part?

Hack everything then build a new one. its like an "S" type wall LOL