Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
airconlin

Ikea Kitchen Cabinet With 25 Years Warranty

Has anyone used IKEA Kitchen cabiniet for more than 6 months and give some comments?

IKEA products give many people an impression that it is not durable, I have used their bookshelf and computer tables, the quality is just so-so, can throw away after 5 years with no pain but happy.

However the recent visit to their Tampines store and find those S$4000-6000 per set Kitchen cabinet is quite attractive, and the staff told me that the worktop can customized according to my kitchen size, just the cabinets are factory made. However they have cabinet size from 30cm width to 80cm, so we can just choose different size, in the end if there is a gap, should be less than 20cm, and they can use a same color board to cover this gap.

One difference from contractor made cabinet is IKEA base cabinet does not need a cement base.

I have not decided whether to try it, anyone try these IKEA cabinets before, could you please share your experiences, thank you!

Their product page is here: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/10470/

Also I found this page in the IKEA website:

http://www.ikeafans.com/kitchen-planning-guide/ikea-kitchen-quality.html

Edited by airconlin

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have my Ikea kitchen for 1 year 10 months now. Here is the photo :

http://tamarindthings.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html

I am happy with it. It was cheap because there was a very good promotion back then. The quality really depends on the type of doors and countertop that you choose. I chose the most expensive countertop which is LG Hi-macs which is very good, and the abstrakt high gloss door which looks very good. The cheaper doors will not be durable. The 25 year warranty covers manufacturers defect only, it does not cover normal wear and tear.

Note that Ikea uses an external contractor to install the cabinets. It is best to contact them and arrange an installation date before you purchase the cabinets. Installation is additonal 5%, delivery costs extra.

The reason why I chose Ikea is because they will always be around. The cabinets, doors, etc can be replaced without the need of hacking the whole kitchen. My previous so called designer kitchen lasted only 10 years, the cabinet under the sink rotted and I had no choice but to hack the whole kitchen.

Edited by frostyapple

i read from some american websites, they love ikea kitchen cabinet n many carpenters from germany recommended ikea kitchen, said it was affordable yet durable. i was confused as there is little positive feedback abt the same product in singapore. i was told bc here its easy to get custom-made kitchen cabinets so why bothers buying ikea stuff? most recently, one said ikea charge installation fee per sqf --> which is bad. but if what u said is correct, then its not that bad.. many custom-made cabinets have their fair share of questionable quality.

i read from some american websites, they love ikea kitchen cabinet n many carpenters from germany recommended ikea kitchen, said it was affordable yet durable. i was confused as there is little positive feedback abt the same product in singapore. i was told bc here its easy to get custom-made kitchen cabinets so why bothers buying ikea stuff? most recently, one said ikea charge installation fee per sqf --> which is bad. but if what u said is correct, then its not that bad.. many custom-made cabinets have their fair share of questionable quality.

Yes Ikea charges $28 per feet of installation charge.

People who wrote negative feedback never actually installed Ikea kitchen. It is true that most people in Singapore get custom made kitchen cabinets, I haven't heard of anyone who has installed Ikea kitchen except myself.

I am definitely comfortable with iKea products. The only problem I have with them is that the cabinets are not customizeable. So, if the measurements are off, they would just cover it up with a board. What a waste of money and how ugly would it be!

On 1/3/2012 at 10:43 PM, frostyapple said:

I haven't heard of anyone who has installed Ikea kitchen except myself.

I had someone installed it before, so far its been 8 years according to him and no issues