Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renotm

How To Match Light Pink Marble Flooring To Earth Colors Wall?

Hihi,

Any advice on how to match light pink broken marble flooring to earth color walls?

Just got a resale 4rm which come with the marble flooring. it is in pretty good condition and seems like a waste to hack it off.

Any suggestion or advice is great appreciated!

TIA!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

R u able to take a photograph of your pink broken marble flooring to reflect its actual colour?

Here's the photo:

Left taken at night with white light, Right taken in the day with normal daylight.

Sorry can't show better picture, coz current owner still staying there, didn't want to invade their privacy.

Pinkbrokenmarbleflooring.jpg

Edited by renotm

I think that the marble looks really nice. But I am not certain that earth color for the wall would work well with it.

If this is my house, then I would use white color with tone that matches either the light-grey shade of the marble pieces, or tone that matches the darker-brownish pieces. Doing so, the room or area would look bigger, and this also makes it easier to select the colors for the furniture and carpentry.

Just my two-cents worth of thought.

Here's the photo:

Left taken at night with white light, Right taken in the day with normal daylight.

Sorry can't show better picture, coz current owner still staying there, didn't want to invade their privacy.

Pinkbrokenmarbleflooring.jpg

oooh, the pinkish hues of the broken marble flooring still looks good. :thumbs up:

But when u talk about earthy tones, are u referring to those brownish, beigey sort of colours?

White is definitely a safe choice becox it'll match with almost all the tiles regardless of colours. But I do understand that it might be "boring" & u would want your own colour schemes rather than taking after what your sellers did for the flat.

However, if u are going for earthy tones, would u consider Nippon's Lily White? That's if you still consider that as an "earthy" tone.

It's a milky beigey sort of shade if you refer to their colour brochure. It depends on which range of the Nippon paint u might want to consider becox the shade of lily whites varies. e.g. 3 in 1 medifresh's lily white is alot more saturated (intense) as compared to Vinyl Silk's when u refer to their colour brochure.

Would u be having a feature wall?

the tiles look nice! mine is pinkish marble tiles. i paint my walls using medifresh white. wanted something more modern yet easy to match furniture.

you can consider lily white...more of yellowish white..which is more warm and cosy....also depends what colour of furniture you plan to place on it.

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! :D

Personally I am not a "pink" person, but it is really a waste to hack away the nice marble floor.

With that being said, this means any shades of blue, green is kinda out, right? :(

Hi edenstrauss,

I went to Nippon website, but dun seems to see the Lily white color?

Anyway, I look at some of the colors that I may consider, what do you all think? Still wanting something darker but mostly can't with the pink floor. :angry2:

Pinkbrokenmarbleflooring2.jpg

As for feature wall, I am considering but is thinking along the walnut color line. Current owner has a build-in shoe cabinet and full-length wardrobe that I intend to keep. Both are dark walnut color. Or do you have any suggestion? :P

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! :D

Personally I am not a "pink" person, but it is really a waste to hack away the nice marble floor.

With that being said, this means any shades of blue, green is kinda out, right? :(

Hi edenstrauss,

I went to Nippon website, but dun seems to see the Lily white color?

Anyway, I look at some of the colors that I may consider, what do you all think? Still wanting something darker but mostly can't with the pink floor. :angry2:

Pinkbrokenmarbleflooring2.jpg

As for feature wall, I am considering but is thinking along the walnut color line. Current owner has a build-in shoe cabinet and full-length wardrobe that I intend to keep. Both are dark walnut color. Or do you have any suggestion? :P

hmmmm, all the earthy tones that u've copied in your previous comment are the modern contemporary colours which r very popular among home owners. We had many friends who used a twin combination of such colours becox if u use 1 single tone that's darker in shade, you run a risk of a gloomy looking & dimly lit home. I'm sure u wouldn't want a home that looks dark & gloomy...

But from my computer screen, I think Worn Path which is a grayish tone might work if you could go for an even lighter gray. However, gray for the entire living room is errrr, too gloomy for me. And we humans might jux be affected psychologically when we returnt to a home that looks "dark".

And most of these earthy shades go along very well with walnut coloured furnishings.

Peaceful is a new tone, a very subdued & diluted shade of yellow.

I managed to find the LILY WHITE online for you. Under the 3 in 1 medifresh colour brochure. here goes:

http://www.nipponpaint.com.sg/products/interior-paints/3-in-1-medifresh-anti-bacterial

However, I noticed that the colour isn't accurately reflected becox of different monitor settings. It's better if u could obtain a hard copy of the colour brochure...

Do you want to contact Cally Chen from Nippon Paint's customer service department? U could request for a colour brochure & at the same time, you could try to ask her if she could recommend you a few colours or suggest what works for your pink marble? U might want to ask her if she could take a look at the photo of ur pink marble flooring. Otherwise, it's very difficult to imagine what colours would work. (the very first time I read ur new thread, I imagine that ur flooring resembles pink coloured jade or pink quartz :P )

I'm a great fan of hers becox she is very professional, patient & knowledgable when it comes to paints.

If u r interested, u could drop by & take a look at some of the threads where I've mentioned Nippon Paint & their other range of products e.g. plastic dropsheet

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40273&st=0&p=632908&hl=+nippon'

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40270&st=0&p=632883&hl=+nippon'

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi edenstrauss,

Thanks for the comments! These colors I chose was based on the pink marbles flooring... my original plan was to hack the flooring when I get a place so that I can have more colors in different part of the apt to my liking... But since I bought this unit with a still-in-good-condition pink marbles, I will have to either bite the bullet and still go ahead with the hacking or be limited by the choice of wall colors. (and Pink is DEFINITELY not one of them. :~ )

Current owner has one of the living room's wall sunflower-yellow which does brighten the area, and all the rooms white (guess they also find it hard to match colors to floor LOL). But since my current place is also light yellow/sunflower-yellow in the living room, I wanted a change. My last option is just paint the whole place (diff shades of) white. :blink:

Can you PM me Cally's contact? At this point a professional help in color matching is a great idea!

Actually do you think walnut colored furnishings matched the pink floor? :unsure:

Hi renotm,

Do u have a renovator? If you have already engaged an ID or contractor, you should seek their opinions becox they are supposed to be experienced enough to provide you with some suggestions.

U could google up nippon singapore's main number from any search engine, call & select customer service. U'll be directed to her.

since your tiles are already pinkish, painting the walls pink would definitely be too overwhelming with pinks. And to be honest, pink can dim out the room like strong shades of yellow. Which might possibly be the reason why your seller painted the feature wall yellow & the rest white to brighten up the place.

In our case, we painted the entire living room 1 single colour i.e. earth yellow (nippon's 3 in 1 medifresh) & the entire room is "swallowed" up by the strong yellow. and natural lighting is definitely dimmed out. But we haven't a choice becox of our fengshui requirements.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi I can recommend you this painter cos they are good.

They have a variety of colours and can even give you some nice ideas.

They are not expensive and can paint your house in a day. I liked the way they did my friend's house and am taking them now for my home.

You can call them if you want to get an idea of the quote: ***

They are not expensive and can paint your house in a day. I liked the way they did my friend's house and am taking them now for my home.

Hi Relynn,

Thanks for the recommendation! Can PM me their contacts? Though it will be a while before I could contact them... still a long way from getting my keys. :P

Thanks!

Hi..can pm me the contacts? Thanks