Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Yup I fully agree not the bigger the better de.. Those too big tv with short clearance distance is for 斗鸡眼 people one so that they can 看开一点

I thinking to get a 46" but need to see budget if not enough $$ then maybe get 42" mbr I think 32" is good enough for me liao.

Btw hor.. Who is TS ah? (had been wanted to ask le) hehe

I hope it's not sarcasm or name-calling you were intending by the above first sentence. Kind of discriminating.

Buy a TV that is suitable for your home. And know how comfortable you are with your budget and floor layout to accommodate the TV.

Big is definitely better in general if you want to enjoy a good show. Question only is, do you have the $$$ to spend and can your home take such a big screen?

But if you don't appreciate or watch too many shows, then of course, a smaller TV may suit you better.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I hope it's not sarcasm or name-calling you were intending by the above first sentence. Kind of discriminating.

Buy a TV that is suitable for your home. And know how comfortable you are with your budget and floor layout to accommodate the TV.

Big is definitely better in general if you want to enjoy a good show. Question only is, do you have the $$$ to spend and can your home take such a big screen?

But if you don't appreciate or watch too many shows, then of course, a smaller TV may suit you better.

chill chill.

I agree....TV is subjective thing.

like i said to TS, you have to know yourself before you know what TV to buy.

Are you the spend less than 15minutes per day on TV kind of person? if yes just get a 2nd hand. CRT works too.

If you are the daily watch mediacorp tv channels only, check the viewing distance for STANDARD DEFINITION.

If you are the movie buff but watch VCD only, its time to consider going DVD/Bluray

If you are the movie buff like most techies are....and watch alot of HIGH DEFINITION TV, then go for viewing distance according to 1080P

If you are a perfectionist, there is only one calculator to use.

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entertainment/home-theater/hdtv-set-up/

and I quote from THX itself

"If your HDTV is going in a living room with limited space, THX recommends the following:

35 inch class TV = 3.5-5 feet away

40 inch class TV = 4-6 feet away

50 inch class TV = 5-7.5 feet away

60 inch class TV = 6-9 feet away

It might seem that THX is recommending a very large screen size for your room. But, it’s important to note two things: 1) THX screen size recommendations are based on recreating an immersive cinematic experience, and 2) the biggest complaint among TV buyers is that they wish they had bought a bigger set."

so if you're like me, stuck with a 2-2.5m distance, best bet is to get 42"-47" and then complain about "I wish I bought a bigger set" :sport-smiley-004:

Opps... sorry if my meant to be joke offended anyone.. but i guess noone here falls into that category cos all the people in here are so knowledgable :yamseng:

btw after reading all the sharing on the TV distance, i also found this picture which also helps to explain, also very easy to understand for simple minded people like me...

TVviewingdistance.png

after my rough calculation, think i will go for 46" :sport-smiley-018:

Hope you enjoy my sharing, though some of the photos could be common as they were featured in magazines before but they really gave me some inspiration and ideas for my own place... :sport-smiley-018:

Hope you enjoy my sharing, though some of the photos could be common as they were featured in magazines before but they really gave me some inspiration and ideas for my own place... :sport-smiley-018:

Nice sharing...Those "industrial" ones look really cool..

pinkwhale, love your huge WIW-to-be *shakes hands* dribble.gifsome of the photos you have shared look to be of a hdb flat, so it should be do-able for your purposes too :)

We bought a new item today...we simply love it, hopefully it is suitable for our theme...

no ID to consult... we only can agar agar...

actual color differ, keep some suspense for it ba

IMG_1586.jpg