Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

hi again.. i wanna ask you.. your WIW is not in your master room? did you create one common room to WIW? sorry for asking so many question...

Hi blackswan0

Sorry I missed out to reply you.. I had just pm-ed u my contractor contacts.

Regarding my WIW, it is connected to my master room because I had hack the wall between one common room to my master room. And my WIW is making use of the common room.

Thanks for liking my place too :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi!!

Thanks.. They just delivered the sofa to me on sat, workmanship wise seems good, delivery also ok 3 person came and in less than 10 mins everything was done.

How big is ur sofa? Mine is 2.6m and after the sofa delivered it's seem big to me.. Maybe becos my place is so small. Now my sofa feels so bulky...

thanks for your reply.

i will be moving to punggol residences.. =) thus, flat is also small small de..

tentatively, the intended sofa length will be 2.8m.. but, judging from what u say, i got to rediscuss with my hubby liao. =S

by the way, can i know where did u get your coffee table from?

thanks for your reply.

i will be moving to punggol residences.. =) thus, flat is also small small de..

tentatively, the intended sofa length will be 2.8m.. but, judging from what u say, i got to rediscuss with my hubby liao. =S

by the way, can i know where did u get your coffee table from?

Haha coffee table is from ikea! Bought it during their sales period only $29!!!

Hey folks

Need advice!

Today I first time use my Washing Machine - Samsung Washer & Dryer - WD8804

Wash 2 towels and one set of queen size bedsheet, 1st qn : is this load too much for a 8kg wm? How much can a 8kg take?

I know front load wm is very water saving but the water seems too little IMO, I cannot see water splashing at the cover screen at all. The bedsheet just seem wet in the drum but not soak with water at all

2nd qn: is this normal?

I also understand that front load wm is quiet and no or minimum vibration during spinning. But mine was vibrating until the whole machine was out of place.

The spinning speed was 1400rpm or rmp i dunno haha

3rd qn: what could have cause the vibration? Overload? Too fast speed? Or machine is not balance?

Pls advise...

6891920464_5feac68806.jpg

It seems like you seldom do housework at home until you have a place of your own.

A1: I washed queen size mattress set + 2 single blankets + 2 towels with current 8kg top load washer, no problem with that. Front load washer needs more space to "flip" the clothes, so you may want to separate bedsheets and towels, unless the towels you are using are very thin materials. Previously my parents owned a front load washer but machine broke down not long later after we purchased. Maybe we squeezed too many clothes in the machine, it could not take the load.

A2: I realised that too for front load washer, the washer don't fill the water to the maximum, but based on your description, this is not usual. I seem water splashing on the glass panel while washing.

A3: My old front load washer never vibrate until out of place before.

1400rpm is too fast. Suggest you lower it to 800/850, it is enough. U can check the manual for more detailed instruction. I am using my own logic only. I understand the rpm is the amount of time the drum rotates per minute. 1400 rounds per minute is A-L-O-T. TOO FAST. That is why its noisy n vibrate.

I guess you were a top load user so you were surprised at the amount of water it uses.. Me too. I even thought it was not able to clean my clothes! But, it can clean the clothes very well. That is why people sell n buy it.

I was told a few hours ago that a front load of 8kg cam only wash 7kg of clothes, 1kg left is for water. And you seriously need to remember not to stuff it until full load. The drum needs space to flip the clothes, like Ayumi said.

• Like 1

Thanks Ayazumi and Piknik for replying!!!

You both are right! I seldom do housework and also today is my first time using a front load wm in my entire life !!

So it's really something super new for me.. The water is really soooo little?? I thought I should at least see some water splashing? Haha and I was literally holding my machine until it finish spinning hahaha.. Okok tomorrow I try to wash something again with lower rpm and see how. But I really have difficulty judging how much clothes then is 7kg le =.=

One set of queen size bedsheet is consider how many kg? Can I load one set of queen size bedsheet with one set quilt cover or not? Haha

Hi bigbag,

I bought this bed frame from mattress atrium at city sq mall branch cost me $1k.

Yes it is flat straight up with no curves or protruding. They will customize to meet ur mattress height. My mattress is 32cm I think. What is PU? I choose fabric for the frame.. Think u can choose those man made leather also if u like.

Wow.. So now u got 2 dining tables? Do u plan to sell away the rect one?

Hi pinkwhale,

Have you received the bedframe? Was the delivery and assembling smooth?

Edited by Punggolfamily

I also understand that front load wm is quiet and no or minimum vibration during spinning. But mine was vibrating until the whole machine was out of place.

3rd qn: what could have cause the vibration? Overload? Too fast speed? Or machine is not balance?

1400rpm is too fast. Suggest you lower it to 800/850, it is enough. U can check the manual for more detailed instruction. I am using my own logic only. I understand the rpm is the amount of time the drum rotates per minute. 1400 rounds per minute is A-L-O-T. TOO FAST. That is why its noisy n vibrate.

Can't be due to the rpm. I usually use 1200 for mixed loads and 1400 for cottons and it doesn't vibrate/move much.

I'm using a Bosch washer with a stacked dryer btw.

I've used front loads for a few years and my experience is that you shouldn't overload (i.e. if in doubt, I stick my hand in and move around to make sure there is space, very 'agaration' so also dunno how to describe), but you shouldn't underload cos that will cause the machine to vibrate a lot much much more.

A2: I realised that too for front load washer, the washer don't fill the water to the maximum, but based on your description, this is not usual. I seem water splashing on the glass panel while washing.

So it's really something super new for me.. The water is really soooo little?? I thought I should at least see some water splashing? Haha and I was literally holding my machine until it finish spinning hahaha.. Okok tomorrow I try to wash something again with lower rpm and see how. But I really have difficulty judging how much clothes then is 7kg le =.=

One set of queen size bedsheet is consider how many kg? Can I load one set of queen size bedsheet with one set quilt cover or not? Haha

Agree with Aya that the lack of water is highly unusual. I do see water splashing on the glass panel.

I can load one full set of (either King or Queen size) bed sheet with quilt cover and the pillow/bolster cases. No problem. For towels, I can go up to 4-5 sets of towel & hand/face towels in one wash.

If it's 800-850 the towels/sheets may not come out dry enough? But I use 1200 all the time and no problem so I don't think it's the spinning speed. Maybe you should check with people who use the same brand of front load wm as you.

• Like 1

Hi,

1. Other than the weight, you need to take note of the type and sizee of the material you are washing. Rough gauge maximum you can throw in to wash for 8 kg is 1 set of king size cotton bedsheet + 4 pillow covers - exclude quilt cover. Due to the size of the bedsheet, there might not be enough space for the drum to wash the laundry effectively if you throw in too many things to wash at one time.

2. This is the main difference between a front load versus a top load. That is why a front load is more water efficient. Perhaps you can read up how different types of washer function. To conclude, this is still normal. If you dont see water splashing, it can also a sign you throw in too many things to wash.

3. Who fits the washer for you? From what you described, the balancing mechanism/legs are not secured. Was it secured? The washer is not ready for use just by powering it up. Please read the manual. You need to secure the balancing mechanism/legs.

Hope this helps.

MM

Hey folks

Need advice!

Today I first time use my Washing Machine - Samsung Washer & Dryer - WD8804

Wash 2 towels and one set of queen size bedsheet, 1st qn : is this load too much for a 8kg wm? How much can a 8kg take?

I know front load wm is very water saving but the water seems too little IMO, I cannot see water splashing at the cover screen at all. The bedsheet just seem wet in the drum but not soak with water at all

2nd qn: is this normal?

Pls advise...

6891920464_5feac68806.jpg

Edited by Mickey M

Hi,

1. Other than the weight, you need to take note of the type and sizee of the material you are washing. Rough gauge maximum you can throw in to wash for 8 kg is 1 set of king size cotton bedsheet + 4 pillow covers - exclude quilt. Due to the size of the bedsheet, there might not be enough space for the drum to wash the laundry effectively if you throw in too many things to wash at one time.

2. This is the main difference between a front load versus a top load. That is why a front load is more water efficient. Perhaps you can read up how different types of washer function. To conclude, this is still normal. If you dont see water splashing, it can also a sign you throw in too many things to wash.

3. Who fits the washer for you? From what you described, the balancing mechanism/legs are not secured. Was it secured? The washer is not ready for use just by powering it up. Please read the manual. You need to secure the balancing mechanism/legs.

Hope this helps.

MM

Oh... MM is right, maybe the legs r not secured...

Anyway, i remember one staff told me 7kg front load can wash 1 queen size quilt/ thin blankef only...

I separate my laundry - bedsheet set + 2 towels 1 wash; thin mattress protector + quilt cover 1 wash; I send my quilt to laundry shop to wash. My quilt is very thick, and I can't put it to wash in a 8kg top load washer. I don't think it can even fit in a same 8kg front load washer.

This makes me re-consider my slim continential top load. Hanaha. Only comes with 6kg full load max.

6kg is too small, plus you have got a kid at home. 8kg is comfortable size.

Hi pinkwhale,

Have you received the bedframe? Was the delivery and assembling smooth?

Hi^^

The bedframe is coming tomorrow. I will update after tomorrow k ^^ hopefully with pictures...