Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renman2735

Painting Socket Box To Match Legrand Front Plate

Good day all,

I recently fell in love with the Legrand light switch/ socket plates.

screen_10742.jpg

Unfortunately, that's only the plates. It looks nice and concealed where my new place has a false wall, where it can be fitted flush, but on the other areas there is that ugly white socket box.

I spoke to a contractor who advised that what I could do was to go to a place called Johnson (sp?) with the Legrand front plates I have, where they apparently can scan and then reproduce spray paint in a close colour to match.

Does anyone know in more detail what he is talking about, and has anyone tried this?

Barring that, would appreciate if anyone else has had a similar predicament. How did you paint yours?

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, my hubby DIY n sprayed painted the boxes. It's easy. Juz use sand paper to sand the boxes, clean it and spray.

I choose Legrand dark silver. Juz bring the face plate to the paint shop n match the colour from the spray can. It's quite accurate!

Hi, my hubby DIY n sprayed painted the boxes. It's easy. Juz use sand paper to sand the boxes, clean it and spray.

I choose Legrand dark silver. Juz bring the face plate to the paint shop n match the colour from the spray can. It's quite accurate!

Exactly what Johnson (?) would do.

Cheers!

Wow so easy? Great, thanks! I was getting used to the sense that everything about this move was difficult; nice to know some things can be easily solved!