Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syukur

Tenant Doing Things When Am Not Around

Guys get jealous too. Try wearing and going out in super low cut top or super short skirt, see your hubby's reaction hehe.:dribble:

My hubby would look out from the corner of his eyes. And he'll tell me to be careful of the way I dress up lor :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I intending to rent out a room leh.. but hear some horror stories.. really abit scared.

if my potential tenant is some HUNK... :dribble: :dribble: :dancingqueen:

better if he can cook up a storm! :yamseng::drunk:

if is a potential gal with bigger boobs den mine.. i be :furious:

anyway..hope the TS can settle his headache with the tenant soon!

I intending to rent out a room leh.. but hear some horror stories.. really abit scared.

if my potential tenant is some HUNK... :dribble: :dribble: :dancingqueen:

better if he can cook up a storm! :yamseng::drunk:

if is a potential gal with bigger boobs den mine.. i be :furious:

anyway..hope the TS can settle his headache with the tenant soon!

Your mind've filled with too many beefcakes & boobs, naturally lead to many "如果"- hope u understand chinese.

世界上没有"如果",只有"后果", follow by "结果"。 :notti:

Guys get jealous too. Try wearing and going out in super low cut top or super short skirt, see your hubby's reaction hehe.:dribble:

You understand both sexes, 加油!

I supposed you make him on & off feels jealous? Life, at times, needs some additives otherwise too dull. Tio bo?

Hi,

This tenant of mine, always washed his clothes secretly.. I scheduled him weekly wash, but certain times, he washed blatantly, or have the laundry hanged inside his room..

Is there anyway we can kerb this? I caught him twice, whereby, I barred him washing the whole week...

Why you need to schedule your tenant to wash weekly? :dunno:

Walking in his drawers is definitely unacceptable! It's really disgusting! tsk tsk tsk! :curse:

If you install a CCTV & he walks around without feeling disgraced, the landlord would have the right to report to the police & show the authorities such acts of indecency. He could get charged in court for behaving in such a manner!

Hasn't he got any sense of shame? Obviously not... *sigh*

Are there any females in your home? Hopefully not.

And would you be able to share the nationality of your tenant & his occupation here in Singapore?

Surely you do not want to be counter-sued for infringing in his privacy.

The owner has the right to tell him nicely that someone has complained that he wear indecently and felt offended. He can be sued for gross indecency act under the CPC.

Surely you do not want to be counter-sued for infringing in his privacy.

The owner has the right to tell him nicely that someone has complained that he wear indecently and felt offended. He can be sued for gross indecency act under the CPC.

I've checked with the police on such matters. There is no issue on being couter-sued when we make it clear to the tenants that we have had CCTVs at home.

Many property agents mentioned that there is no issue so long as the CCTVs are installed before tenants come in for viewing. And it is also good in filtering out unwanted tenants becox those who are up to hanky panky would not rent the rooms. For them, it's a safety feature & chances of disputes are greatly reduced... A few of them even told me that it makes work alot easier for them too.

I was surprised when one of them told me that he had a landlord who installed 6 camera points in their flat & got 2 of their rooms rented out to good tenants within 1 week. And in fact, those 2 tenants were very relieved to see that their safety was protected by the CCTV cam. The agent told me that in the first place, when you are putting up with 3rd parties, there really isn't much privacy already. Even a sneeze or cough could be heard when the tenant locks himself/ herself in the bedroom or toilet.

If the CCTV cams are installed in common areas (kitchen, balconies, living rooms, hall, etc, there is no issue at all. Areas which are not permitted for CCTV installation are toilets & bedrooms. None of the authorised installers would assist owners in installing in those areas as they are illegal.

If the stupid tenant dares to run around the common areas nude or skimpily clad, the police said that we would have the right to raise the matter with whatever CCTV footage that we had. Good for these stupid tenants! :thumbs up:

Since we are on the topic of CCTVs here, I thought i'd ask..

Is it okay to install CCTVs outside the house? Or do we need special permit for that?

I'm not looking to install any but I've heard conflicting arguments about needing permits for such things and wonder if you guys know anything about it. :) Thanks!

Since we are on the topic of CCTVs here, I thought i'd ask..

Is it okay to install CCTVs outside the house? Or do we need special permit for that?

I'm not looking to install any but I've heard conflicting arguments about needing permits for such things and wonder if you guys know anything about it. :) Thanks!

Yes, u will require a police report to install CCTVs on the exterior of the flat. And that permission granted by the police to do so would last for jux 6 months. Thereafter, if there are no "nuisance", the flat owners are to bring down the CCTVs.

The cost of installing such CCTVs would be borne on fully by the flat owners & the police would only install it for free if it is a case of arson as that's life-endagering.

I knew all about this becox we had a friend staying in sengkang who went thru a traumatic ordeal of being victimised by their neighbour's loan sharks. The record has gone up to 32 as of last month. And we had another neighbours who were being badly victimised for the same reasons.

But I've ever come across units with CCTV on the exterior. The good thing is that none of the neighbours complained as they perceive that as a security feature. And it's been installed outside their flat for the past 5 years already. :)

According to a friend's relative, he installed it on the exterior of his flat WITHOUT any permission from the police. He got really chissed off when shoes were missing. There were 5 other units along the same corridoor & everybody faced the same problem of shoes getting stolen. The culprit was caught on the CCTV, stealing shoes. This relative printed out his "beautiful" face & a printed footage of him stealing shoes

The "poster" was being pasted at all the lift lobbies. kekekeke... the problem was solved instantly!

Yeah, I've heard some people needing a permit while some don't care and just install the CCTV.

Wonder if put dummy CCTV will still need permit.. :lol:

So long as neighbours don't complain & Town Council's officer don't get to see it there, it's ok. Otherwise, they would still ask u to bring it down. :P

In your case, if you were to install the CCTV on the exterior, would the lens be able to capture your neighbour's doorway? No right?

If it doesn't, then by all means install it. :D

So long as neighbours don't complain & Town Council's officer don't get to see it there, it's ok. Otherwise, they would still ask u to bring it down. :P

In your case, if you were to install the CCTV on the exterior, would the lens be able to capture your neighbour's doorway? No right?

If it doesn't, then by all means install it. :D

Hahaha nah.. Not intending to put. Just curious about this whole CCTV thingey :P

Hahaha nah.. Not intending to put. Just curious about this whole CCTV thingey :P

The CCTV is more of a deterrent. Anybody whose up to no good would think twice or even thrice before doing anything drastic :D

If you're looking for CCTV, i recommend this IP camera:

http://mylittlecasa.blogspot.com/2012/03/foscam-fi8918w-indoor-pantilt-wireless.html

The cost is much cheaper and it can have motion detection i.e. only record when there's movement, if you install CCTV, you'll need to watch through the whole day video to catch the culprit which will make your eyes pop out......

may i know the tenant nationality ?

I have a malaysian tenant and sadly she leaves tomorrow 2nd april. She is with us for 3 years and she is an understanding person.

first day - i told her the rules, etc But after reading so many stories, i have drafted my rules and agents comes, will pass a copy to them